Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could just be playing the heel. Besides, that's the culture today. People walk the streets and even drive their cars while looking down at their phones, is what it is.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
I just had to google Tony Nese. :lol

I guess he makes a decent point, but then again, that guy is probably loaded so dropping a couple hundred on some expensive seats isn't a big thing for him.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What if he was tweeting about, or sharing pics on social media concerning, that Cruiserweight match between Tozawa and Brian Kendrick? :jericho2

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, shit. It's a cruiserweight match. I'd be on my phone during it too.
I don't watch the cruiserweights consistently but if you are there on the show in such good seat you should respect and pay attention to what is happening specially that it is not RAW so it is not between matches.

Again,I don't know what that exact guy was doing on his phone.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't watch the cruiserweights consistently but if you are there on the show in such good seat you should respect and pay attention to what is happening specially that it is not RAW so it is not between matches.

Again,I don't know what that exact guy was doing on his phone.
Respect? LMAO

Is there some front row rules that he's supposed to follow?

Are you some WWE corporate exec who is trying to control the image?

This was one moment of an entire night. Probably nearly everyone in the first few rows glanced down at their phones for one second.

This guy is either trolling, a pro-WWE advocate, or a butt-hurt traditional wrestling clinger to the 1950's.

Gotta show some respect to the performers.
Why?

If people are on their phones, maybe the WWE should actually book for once, notice what isn't working, and act accordingly...

Instead, we have creative writing, planning things out for months without a care of the reaction.

Yikes.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
This is something that bugs the crap out of me like you pay a ton to see a movie/buy food yet spend 90% of the time you have your nose buried in your phone...

:hutz

Why bother spending money on wrestling tickets if your gonna spend most the time on your phone just stay at fucking home then

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Respect? LMAO

Is there some front row rules that he's supposed to follow?

Are you some WWE corporate exec who is trying to control the image?

This was one moment of an entire night. Probably nearly everyone in the first few rows glanced down at their phones for one second.

This guy is either trolling, a pro-WWE advocate, or a butt-hurt traditional wrestling clinger to the 1950's.
So, I'm just their on the show in such good suit to just use my phone.

First of all that match and feud is 2nd most important in the division after Aries/Neville.

Second,I can tell here that you are the one doing something wrong if you are just their and using the phone thinking that what will make them change the show.

Third, I said it twice and I will say it third I don't know what that guy was doing on his phone but if it is not that important thing I'm with Nese in what he said.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
What if he was tweeting about, or sharing pics on social media concerning, that Cruiserweight match between Tozawa and Brian Kendrick? :jericho2
Exactly. Or what if it was a text from a family member or significant other? Maybe he was waiting for a response pertaining to an important matter? It's not fucking hard to think about these things but apparently Tony Nese finds it difficult.

·
Asuka
96,544 Posts
Bit strange to attack the audience that effectively pay your wages.
The problem is, the WWE culture is beaten into these guys skulls, and their culture is that only we, the McMahons matter. You do what we say, when we tell you to do it, you don't ask questions, and you certainly don't get over on your own, because we're the star makers. The fans have zero say in the matter.

That's what they're taught, and that's either what they legitimately believe because it's ingrained in them so hard, or they just know better and go along with it.

It's so obvious that the guy could've been waiting for an important message, rather than just dicking around for no reason, so Tony Nese is a moron for not knowing the situation. However, even if the guy was just sitting around playing Word Cookies, it's not like he doesn't have a good reason to do so. It's a Cruiserweight match, and furthermore, the fans have been conditioned to believe that wins and losses don't matter, so why would anybody pay attention to the work in the ring? You're there for the angles, essentially.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts