Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
the only big names that are out there will probably not work with AEW. and when I say big names I mean guys like Lesnar, Rock or Cena. guys that would actually have impact on ratings and eventually on ticket sales. besides them what big names are out there that could actually wrestle? Sting is done. RVD probably should be done if he is not. who is left?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Not a big name, but apparently Trey Miguel of The Rascalz is considering an offer from AEW. All three of them have been expected to join WWE. Not really sure what he'd add as I haven't really seen much of him - thoughts?

Personally, I'd like to see Authors of Pain in AEW. They looked good in WWE, got a big push, and were not overexposed, so would still feel fresh. Plus I want to see some real heavyweight tag teams in AEW.

Davey Boy Smith Jr. has interest from WWE and AEW. I'll be honest, I think he's really short on charisma and could just end up another 'body' in AEW. However... he and Archer had a successful team (3-time IWGP Tag, 2-time GHC Tag champions), the Killer Elite Squad, so if he could reinvent himself as something akin to Archer, they could be good for the tag division.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
The same fan base WWE are chasing so hungrily by vacuuming the indies, instead of creating homegrown talent like they used to?

I just don’t get the hate filled venom that has infested this part of the forum, most people should be happy there’s an alternative to WWE, as it can only bring a better product, but I think many people on here (you know who you are) are hoping it would die so WWE would be the only product. It’s a bit like loving McD’s so much you hope all other fast food chains go out of business, just to have nothing that could threaten your joy.
This alternative has made wrestling even less interesting and is possibly going to do long-term damage. WWE remains king, both in terms of size and quality of content. It’ll look less appealing for anyone to challenge them.

So, barring possibly buying guys out of their contracts, I think this is the list we have:

These wrestlers have expiring contracts according to Sportskeeda and have yet to renew.

• Sami Callihan (IMPACT)
  • Ethan Page (IMPACT)
  • Davey Boy Smith Jr. (MLW)
  • RUSH (ROH)
  • Dragon (Ryu) Lee (ROH)
  • Taya Valkyrie (IMPACT)

Others that are free agents:

• Marty Scurll (not confirmed but he was removed from the ROH roster page)
  • EC3 (not confirmed but he's 'done with IMPACT')
  • Authors of Pain (no compete ends December 3)
  • Zelina Vega (no compete ends February 11)
  • Tessa Blanchard (Tony Schiavone seemed to rule it out)
  • Alex Shelley
  • James Storm

The long shots:

• Brock Lesnar
  • CM Punk

Note: Hiroshi Tanahashi's contract is up in January but he will 100% renew with NJPW. Kota Ibushi's contract is also up in February but he said in 2019 that he'll be NJPW 4 LIFE so I doubt even Kenny could convince him.

Not sure if any big stars in CMLL or AAA are becoming available.
Appreciate you putting together a list. Of those first names, AEW has got a shot of getting Sami Callahan (trash matches with Mox) and Davey Boy Smith, Jr., should WWE pass up on him. Ethan Page is likely for NXT, RUSH and Dragon Lee will still be too valuable to ROH and New Japan. Taya is more likely to get a WWE deal because Morrison is there.

Marty Scurll got cut from ROH because of inappropriate sex stuff. He’s not getting touched by AEW. Tessa Blanchard is waiting for something big to come along. My pipe-dream is a new major promotion, but realistically she is taking a break before she gets a shot with WWE. Alex Shelley is likely to stay indies/player-coaching and maybe doing guest spots with NXT. James Storm is more likely to sign with WWE since he seems close with Ronda Rousey.

EC3 has a shot, because Jericho is a fan. Thea has a shot, because Jericho is a perve. The Authors have a shot, because it’s not like anyone else wants them.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
I can see Aron Stevens from the NWA to do something with Cody. Like a one-off deal or something. That’s if they got along. Gallows & Anderson probably have a good chance to. A lot of TNA talent that doesn’t want to go to WWE could likely see themselves going between both promotions.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
First off, Sticks and stones. I am not afraid of you. You will not hurt my feelings at anytime. If you ever decide you are going to attack me or try to take my life I will defend myself in every way I can to survive. I am not afraid of you.

That might seem a little dramatic but the way my county is headed it is not.

Second, I don't know what 'abuse' you are referring to, unless MY words are what upset you. In that case, in you're own words, toughen up snowflake.

Third and lastly, If you were simply offering you're 'opinions' as you claim, I wouldn't have an issue but that is not what you do, you state 'facts' because you act like whatever you write is gold and anybody who thinks opposite of you is a stupid piece of shit 'AEW diehard' and don't know anything, unlike you.

There are posters on here that post that I don't agree with sometimes. The difference between you, the others and them is they don't state facts like you all do. They state their opinions.

Maybe you could try it.
I'm cringing hard at the death thing. Nobody is going to kill you over a Wrestlingforum discussion. God damn.

Also you're means you are. You're looking for "your". I don't generally criticise for spelling and grammar because I'm awful myself but you look silly saying things like "you are opinion"

·
rasslin
4,949 Posts
its called building a roster u know for depth not everyone can start.......every single post of yours is hating on aew so why do u continue to watch? tony owns 2 sports team he understands the value of building rosters...........the majority of the people complaining in this thread are from the uk wankers r mad at khan because their girly sport soccer team is wack
Building a roster is fine but when you have guys like Miro doing nothing, Jericho and Matt Hardy becoming unwatchable, FTR not seen for weeks, MJF involved in stupid comedy, Sammy involved in stupid comedy, Wardlow involved in stupid comedy. It becomes less about the depth of your roster and more about the quality of booking.

Tony's dad owns 2 sports teams and if Tony has anything to do with their rosters it would not be something to brag about

Jags: 1-8

Fullham - 1 win 1 tie and 6 losses. (about to relegated)

Tony also often makes an ass of himself to both Americans and the British on twitter by arguing with the players and fans and upsetting the manager of his football club

·
Premium Member
11,774 Posts
Tony also often makes an ass of himself to both Americans and the British on twitter by arguing with the players and fans and upsetting the manager of his football club

Uhm, except it seems most people actually side with Tony and not with the athlete

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/g4x4g1
just read the comments.

Tony has a more transparent style than most promoters/owners, and it may not be the trend or traditional way to do business, but he makes it work, and clearly people side with him on situations like this.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Building a roster is fine but when you have guys like Miro doing nothing, Jericho and Matt Hardy becoming unwatchable, FTR not seen for weeks, MJF involved in stupid comedy, Sammy involved in stupid comedy, Wardlow involved in stupid comedy. It becomes less about the depth of your roster and more about the quality of booking.

Tony's dad owns 2 sports teams and if Tony has anything to do with their rosters it would not be something to brag about

Jags: 1-8

Fullham - 1 win 1 tie and 6 losses. (about to relegated)

Nkagoue is invisible on the other teams he's been to, I hate when that happens after they speak up, it makes the critics look correct.
Seeing Fulham being so bad hurts too, that was Dempsey's club!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
the only big names that are out there will probably not work with AEW. and when I say big names I mean guys like Lesnar, Rock or Cena. guys that would actually have impact on ratings and eventually on ticket sales. besides them what big names are out there that could actually wrestle? Sting is done. RVD probably should be done if he is not. who is left?
Dave Bautista seems like the type of guy who might be open working in AEW.

Regarding another name that could happen Sami Callihan's contract is up in December. I think he should stick with Impact, but he does have an indie relationship with Moxley, and with Eddie Kingston. He's not a "big name" but he is former Impact world champion.

·
rasslin
4,949 Posts
Uhm, except it seems most people actually side with Tony and not with the athlete

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comments/g4x4g1
just read the comments.

Tony has a more transparent style than most promoters/owners, and it may not be the trend or traditional way to do business, but he makes it work, and clearly people side with him on situations like this.
A guy demanding to be traded didn’t receive positive feedback from the fanbase he wants away from? Shocker.

·
Premium Member
11,774 Posts
A guy demanding to be traded didn’t receive positive feedback from the fanbase he wants away from? Shocker.
I saw the nfl reddit post about it too and most sided with Tony too or said Yannick was driving his price down.
Whatever, Tony is only making an ass of himself to boomers and two faced losers.
There was nothing wrong with those tweets.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's surprising to hear, as people are on social media are generally so pro-player that they side with them to a stupid degree over things like contract hold-outs and public trade requests.
I have even seen people saying that fan-favorite players should sit out because their team wasn't good, I don't get it, but I generally don't get team sports.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,018 Posts
LMAO!!!

Seriously you are gona resort to abuse.

You types of die-hard AEW fans are what's wrong with wrestling.

Getting worked up and taking people's opinions on the product seriously.

This is entertainment. This isn't something you should get your panties in a twist over.

As I said many times I don't give two fucks about WWE. They are just as bad.

My point was what TK spouts as big names is not what you would associate in the wrestling landscape.

Grow the fuck up you pathetic little person.
Nah, the AEW critics are actually what's wrong with wrestling (always being pessimistic and dramatic in that whiny tone) tbh. The fact that you're telling a passionate fan to "grow up" and unreasonably calling him (or her) a "pathetic" person just proves how bad your negative side really is. Stick to the main topic instead of getting your panties in a bunch with the bolded.

Anyway, I'd say that someone like KENTA is the most realistic big name that could potentially make an appearance on AEW within the next few weeks.

Hell, they even managed to get Hiroshi Tanahashi to appear on Dynamite last month for a short cameo appearance; so I don't think another NJPW name (in this case) showing up soon would be too out of the ordinary.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,052 Posts
There are a number of people in the pro wrestling world who could surprise AEW fans. Sting’s name has come up a time or two, as has Ryback’s. We’ll have to see who Tony Khan is talking about, but don’t count AEW out when it comes to their ability to continue producing shocking moments."
Surprise? What does that really mean? It can be old guys, where they got enough from, or it can be someone like Enzo or Ellsworth etc etc. Sure, last ones are not necessary big names, but TK called Pac a "power shiftiing". It is not like Ryback would motive people to buy a PPV or something.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts