Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I really dont know how Kenta or Okada would be huge names for US wrestling. The same amount of people who know theye guys watch AEW anyways. Kenta and I guess Okada as well dont speak English very well. So whats the upside with these guys being in AEW?
KENTA lives in Florida tho, I would say he has the best english out of any recent ex-WWE japanese wrestler

·
Registered
804 Posts
I really dont know how Kenta or Okada would be huge names for US wrestling. The same amount of people who know theye guys watch AEW anyways. Kenta and I guess Okada as well dont speak English very well. So whats the upside with these guys being in AEW?
KENTA's English is good enough to cut a promo, which is very rare for a Japanese wrestler. As for Okada, just the way he looks, wrestles and is presented would translate well into AEW. Everything about him screams 'superstar' and he is a phenom in Japan of the likes not seen in many a year. I imagine they'd give him a mouthpiece anyway if he ever moved to WWE or AEW. But Okada is not leaving New Japan, at least not any time soon. In future he might want to explore a move abroad, like Nakamura did. If it was AEW, Khan and the EVPs know all about Okada and would definitely main event him.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
That is you're OPINION. Hear me? YOU'RE MOTHINGFUCKING OPINION! Surprises and BIG debuts are subjective, What isn't shocking to you could be the best thing in the world to someone else, especially if they are a huge fan of them. You are not the center of the wrestling landscape. There are other's who exist and think differently then you.

ex. When Becky Lynch comes back to wrestle I will be one of the many who is going to mark out hard for her. While others are going to groan and moan about how she doesn't deserve it because 'she's not that good.'

Who's right?

This is where subjectivity comes in. Understand? Getting it now?

Though to be completely honest. If these potential BIG NAMES Tony is referring to were headed to WWE it would probably be the greatest signing ever and you along with the other fuck wits(you know who you are.) would be creaming in you're pants over how psyched you are. Because that is how you tell if something is great or not.
LMAO!!!

Seriously you are gona resort to abuse.

You types of die-hard AEW fans are what's wrong with wrestling.

Getting worked up and taking people's opinions on the product seriously.

This is entertainment. This isn't something you should get your panties in a twist over.

As I said many times I don't give two fucks about WWE. They are just as bad.

My point was what TK spouts as big names is not what you would associate in the wrestling landscape.

Grow the fuck up you pathetic little person.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
KENTA lives in Florida tho, I would say he has the best english out of any recent ex-WWE japanese wrestler

I just remember his promos in WWE which werent any good, but yeah sounds like he learned alot. Liked him in WWE so I wouldnt mind seeing him in AEW.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
KENTA's English is good enough to cut a promo, which is very rare for a Japanese wrestler. As for Okada, just the way he looks, wrestles and is presented would translate well into AEW. Everything about him screams 'superstar' and he is a phenom in Japan of the likes not seen in many a year. I imagine they'd give him a mouthpiece anyway if he ever moved to WWE or AEW. But Okada is not leaving New Japan, at least not any time soon. In future he might want to explore a move abroad, like Nakamura did. If it was AEW, Khan and the EVPs know all about Okada and would definitely main event him.

Okada is a superstar...in Japan...I think his aura will fade once he is seen every week (not say AEW would do that). I really like his character and all, I just dont see him translate into US wrestling and I dont think a mouthpiece would fit him, but hell, give it a try, just no one outside the AEW viewers already know him and no one will watch for babyface Okada, at least in my opinion :)

·
Registered
24,695 Posts
I admit I kinda wanted a reaction with my wording, but kudos to you for responding the way you did. It has become a mantra on this forum to hate “indies” but many people seem to think anything but WWE is indies. I don’t know what Khan has up his sleeves, but I find it ridiculous that it’s already being shit upon before there’s been an announcement of any new signings.
He's getting pushback because people are noticing he tends to over hype. For me it's just promotion, but it's easy to see why people would doubt him given his track record.

its called building a roster u know for depth not everyone can start.......every single post of yours is hating on aew so why do u continue to watch? tony owns 2 sports team he understands the value of building rosters...........the majority of the people complaining in this thread are from the uk wankers r mad at khan because their girly sport soccer team is wack
The 2nd bolded statement contradicts the 1st bolded statement lol.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Whom of the big NJPW stars would be good in a US promotion? Like I said, most of them dont speak English.
Are we talking stars big enough to grow the audience? Probably none, but that NJPW/AEW angle would be huge.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Allysin Kay I see being signed in the near future. So she counts at least.

CM Punk is probably only happening if there is some sort of AEW post show after Dynamite on TNT. Meaning it’s in TNT’s hand, and not Tony Khan. And if TNT would pay for Punk’s contract, then it’s possible that they’d pay for Brock Lesnar’s contract as well.

The NJPW guys (Tanahashi, Okada, Ibushi, KENTA) can happen...if they sign with NJPW first. That’s how Mox was able to work both NJPW and AEW, and I’d image that they’d want to keep working Tokyo Dome at least, and possibly G1. And Tanahashi and Okada joining AEW should not be dismissed. A break away from NJPW would also mean that their respective returns to NJPW would be seen as massive deals. Okada himself is known to like the loud American crowds, so he’s a greater possibility that most posters here think.

I’m not sure which free agent or expiring contract AEW would sign though. The current roster is too bloated as is – both with signed talents and unsigned indy talents on Dark – and they run too few PPVs and have too few titles/accomplishments to go for to have multiple top guys, gals & teams. They don’t even have their second TNT show going.

You could literally start a new promotion with those free agents and expiring contracts.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I don't see anyone who would bring a lot of viewers and who would be interested in coming to AEW.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
With the Japanese I've seen many come through here in Australia and the general public don't care although they're good to get the smart marks.

The only true huge names have been mentioned already. Lesnar & Punk

·
Premium Member
14,378 Posts
Based on EC3s appearance in TNA, I think he will float before settling in AEW or NWA. Might be at ROH for a few months, go to MLW, then NJPW, then NWA or AEW and so forth.

·
Registered
830 Posts
These big names are Davey Boy Smith Jr, Marty Scurll and Ethan Page right?
This guy thought that Pac's return would change the balance of power in Wrestling and Taz represents the FTR title Send Shockwaves Through The World!
This guy is absolutely clueless Smark who doesn't understand what he's doing
I would genuinely like to see Marty in AEW and he would be a huge acquisition. Now is not the time though, following the scandal recently.

I'm going to echo above and call EC3 on this one. I certainly hope it's not Ryback though!

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I hope he's joking. Big names in today's wrestling means over the hill or overrated. He needs to stick to new potential.

·
Registered
893 Posts
LMAO!!!

Seriously you are gona resort to abuse.

You types of die-hard AEW fans are what's wrong with wrestling.

Getting worked up and taking people's opinions on the product seriously.

This is entertainment. This isn't something you should get your panties in a twist over.

As I said many times I don't give two fucks about WWE. They are just as bad.

My point was what TK spouts as big names is not what you would associate in the wrestling landscape.

Grow the fuck up you pathetic little person.
First off, Sticks and stones. I am not afraid of you. You will not hurt my feelings at anytime. If you ever decide you are going to attack me or try to take my life I will defend myself in every way I can to survive. I am not afraid of you.

That might seem a little dramatic but the way my county is headed it is not.

Second, I don't know what 'abuse' you are referring to, unless MY words are what upset you. In that case, in you're own words, toughen up snowflake.

Third and lastly, If you were simply offering you're 'opinions' as you claim, I wouldn't have an issue but that is not what you do, you state 'facts' because you act like whatever you write is gold and anybody who thinks opposite of you is a stupid piece of shit 'AEW diehard' and don't know anything, unlike you.

There are posters on here that post that I don't agree with sometimes. The difference between you, the others and them is they don't state facts like you all do. They state their opinions.

Maybe you could try it.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,194 Posts
I mean, he's trying to drum up attention for people he's bringing in, like anybody would probably do. Unless you are only allowed to call somebody a big name if they are Brock Lesnar level, which in that case there is nobody worth calling a big name in wrestling anymore and we should just never promote anybody.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
Because RVD is a professional who got himself into shape and had to train his ass in order to do the things he does, the way he does to get the maximum effect out of things. What AEW does is trivialise hard work.

He is a promoter what is he supposed to say? "We have nothing happening", "We are not looking to improve our product", "Please don't watch AEW". A promoter promotes lol.
A promoter doesn’t have to lie to get people in.

That is you're OPINION. Hear me? YOU'RE MOTHINGFUCKING OPINION! Surprises and BIG debuts are subjective, What isn't shocking to you could be the best thing in the world to someone else, especially if they are a huge fan of them. You are not the center of the wrestling landscape. There are other's who exist and think differently then you.

ex. When Becky Lynch comes back to wrestle I will be one of the many who is going to mark out hard for her. While others are going to groan and moan about how she doesn't deserve it because 'she's not that good.'

Who's right?

This is where subjectivity comes in. Understand? Getting it now?

Though to be completely honest. If these potential BIG NAMES Tony is referring to were headed to WWE it would probably be the greatest signing ever and you along with the other fuck wits(you know who you are.) would be creaming in you're pants over how psyched you are. Because that is how you tell if something is great or not.
Not all opinions are equal. If someone gets really giddy about Rezar and Akam signing with AEW, that’s their business, but it is objectively not big news.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts