Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah we should be happy whatever alternative we given, eventhough that alternative is even worse and we asking them to get better but how dare are we because we labelled as entitled jackass voicing our displeasure.

The same fucking response whanever WWE superfans tell us that we need to get stop whining and bitching about their product, eventhough the product is bad. But we must never criticize them because you're all just being meanie and butthurt.

Do AEW fans wants to be like them, driving away people that have legit have a problem and wants the product to get better as real alternative of WWE instead WWE-lite they produce right now. Or it doesn't fucking matter as long it's not WWE because you hate WWE more than you like AEW.

The more AEW like these if they fail it's not because the hater and detractor, but it because they did it themselves because their incompetency. All of that money and this is the best they can do?,

but hey as long it's alternative right?

no matter how bad the product and sometimes even worse than WWE.
Of course you can voice your displeasure, how it’s gonna help on a forum that has no connection to the actual product will make much of an impact, I dunno. And yes, I do think we should be happy, that there’s an alternative. That some people here have more than an few minor gripes with the alternative, basically a flat out hatred for it, yet continues to watch is really beyond me.

Personally I like the alternative, I don’t hate (strong words for a tv show) WWE, I just don’t find it to my liking, so I don’t watch it anymore.
You say a very interesting thing “drive away people that want the product to be better”, now we are discussing how to enjoy a program?

Reactions: YTK

·
Registered
551 Posts
Disagree that WWE used to homegrow talents. Hogan had championship shots in NWA, Rock is a legacy, Savage was from "outlaw" promotions and AWA, Andre was from the international scene and eventually AWA also. Jericho is from the indies and international.
Perhaps they create their brand that gets popular but that is largely rose-tinted glasses. Check out the Royal Rumble 1991 lineup.
I admit I kinda wanted a reaction with my wording, but kudos to you for responding the way you did. It has become a mantra on this forum to hate “indies” but many people seem to think anything but WWE is indies. I don’t know what Khan has up his sleeves, but I find it ridiculous that it’s already being shit upon before there’s been an announcement of any new signings.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
Remember the ones with Bryan? Punk? AJ (not sure about that)? All went 10mins and longer. Brock can work if he wants
Facts you man, straight up facts, if he is in the mood he can still go as proven in his best match against Bryan, it was freakin sweet.

Reactions: fabi1982

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
Think Brock would be a good choice @Garty is All Elite said a while back, if only for a few matches.

I hope it might be KENTA ( why the bloody hell is his name in capitals, I understand WALTER as he is huge size and height wise but kenta ain't lol )

If they got Okada , man that would freakin' sweet, can't see it though.

Goldberg still contracted to the E so I'm glad he ain't coming.

Sting is a possibility as he ain't contracted to wwe anymore, be a good signing not for one off matches, but valuable experience for the younger generation to learn off him, in all aspects of the wrestling biz.

Ethan Page for me, would be who I'd go after, he is a really good worker, cuts sound promos and is fan friendly which a huge plus in today's culture.

EC3 is who I'd like to see but don't know how long he is in ROH for as we thought he was back at Impact but must of only been a pay per match his control you're narrative gimmick, is really sound.

I don't wanna see Matt Cardona back if he is gonna still use the silly finisher as good as he looks and can cut promos, if he does change you're fecking move set .

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,157 Posts
Think Brock would be a good choice if @Garty is All Elite said a while back, if only for a few matches.

I hope it might be KENTA ( why the bloody jell is his name in capitals, I understand WALTER as he is huge size and height wise but kenta ain't lol )

If they got Okada , man that would freakin' sweet, can't seeing though.

Goldberg still contracted to the E so I'm glad he ain't coming.

Sting is a possibility as he ain't contracted to wwe anymore, be a good signing not for one off matches, but valuable experience for the younger generation to learn off him, in all aspects of the wrestling biz.

Ethan Page for me, would be who I'd go after, he is a really good worker, cuts sound promos and is fan friendly which a huge plus in today's culture.

EC3 is who I'd like to see but don't know how long he is in ROH for as we thought he was back At Impact but must of only been a pay per matc , his control you're narrative gimmick, is really sound.

I don't wanna see Matt Cardona back if he is gonna still use the silly finisher as good as he looks and can cut promos, if he does change you're fecking move set .
KENTA spells his name in Roman letters because his mentor is Kenta Kobashi and didn't want the potential confusion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
AEW has a roster of about 100 signed guys and a handful of non contracted talent that regularly appear on different programming.

You really shouldn’t be spending too much time hyping up possible talent signings when it’s debatable if you’re even using your current ones correctly. Khan either wasted money signing guys that can’t work or he himself is incapable of booking the talent he currently has signed.

In my opinion it’s a bit of both at this stage.
its called building a roster u know for depth not everyone can start.......every single post of yours is hating on aew so why do u continue to watch? tony owns 2 sports team he understands the value of building rosters...........the majority of the people complaining in this thread are from the uk wankers r mad at khan because their girly sport soccer team is wack

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
KENTA spells his name in Roman letters because his mentor is Kenta Kobashi and didn't want the potential confusion.
I get that but still man, looks freakin' stupid.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
its called building a roster u know for depth not everyone can start.......every single post of yours is hating on aew so why do u continue to watch? tony owns 2 sports team he understands the value of building rosters...........the majority of the people complaining in this thread are from the uk wankers r mad at khan because their girly sport soccer team is wack

What, who u calling a wanker? I ain't said shit about u , so don't put me in that.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
I ain't complaining, I'm one of the biggest marks in here for aew, take that back.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I imagine that Jags fans aren’t too thrilled with him either.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
@Erik. If that's not a hint, I hope he does come , be frekin' sweet. Bet mox hashed a Littlemore in this with his njpw as Kenny and bucks, Cody,, hangman ain't liked by the njpw hierarchy, so I heard.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Outside of Lesnar & Punk there's no name that'll draw a lot of press.

·
Registered
804 Posts
So, barring possibly buying guys out of their contracts, I think this is the list we have:

These wrestlers have expiring contracts according to Sportskeeda and have yet to renew.

• Sami Callihan (IMPACT)
  • Ethan Page (IMPACT)
  • Davey Boy Smith Jr. (MLW)
  • RUSH (ROH)
  • Dragon (Ryu) Lee (ROH)
  • Taya Valkyrie (IMPACT)

Others that are free agents:

• Marty Scurll (not confirmed but he was removed from the ROH roster page)
  • EC3 (not confirmed but he's 'done with IMPACT')
  • Authors of Pain (no compete ends December 3)
  • Zelina Vega (no compete ends February 11)
  • Tessa Blanchard (Tony Schiavone seemed to rule it out)
  • Alex Shelley
  • James Storm

The long shots:

• Brock Lesnar
  • CM Punk

Note: Hiroshi Tanahashi's contract is up in January but he will 100% renew with NJPW. Kota Ibushi's contract is also up in February but he said in 2019 that he'll be NJPW 4 LIFE so I doubt even Kenny could convince him.

Not sure if any big stars in CMLL or AAA are becoming available.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
So, barring possibly buying guys out of their contracts, I think this is the list we have:

These wrestlers have expiring contracts according to Sportskeeda and have yet to renew.

• Sami Callihan (IMPACT)
  • Ethan Page (IMPACT)
  • Davey Boy Smith Jr. (MLW)
  • RUSH (ROH)
  • Dragon (Ryu) Lee (ROH)
  • Taya Valkyrie (IMPACT)

Others that are free agents:

• Marty Scurll (not confirmed but he was removed from the ROH roster page)
  • EC3 (not confirmed but he's 'done with IMPACT')
  • Authors of Pain (no compete ends December 3)
  • Zelina Vega (no compete ends February 11)
  • Tessa Blanchard (Tony Schiavone seemed to rule it out)
  • Alex Shelley
  • James Storm

The long shots:

• Brock Lesnar
  • CM Punk

Note: Hiroshi Tanahashi's contract is up in January but he will 100% renew with NJPW. Kota Ibushi's contract is also up in February but he said in 2019 that he'll be NJPW 4 LIFE so I doubt even Kenny could convince him.

Not sure if any big stars in CMLL or AAA are becoming available.
Wait, what happened with EC3? I thought he was supposed to be one of the biggest draws in Impact... MJF/EC3 is lowkey a dream feud for me.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I really dont know how Kenta or Okada would be huge names for US wrestling. The same amount of people who know theye guys watch AEW anyways. Kenta and I guess Okada as well dont speak English very well. So whats the upside with these guys being in AEW?

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,157 Posts
I really dont know how Kenta or Okada would be huge names for US wrestling. The same amount of people who know theye guys watch AEW anyways. Kenta and I guess Okada as well dont speak English very well. So whats the upside with these guys being in AEW?
The upside is the forbidden door would be open.

NJPW/AEW crossover would be huge for them.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts