Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: Tony Khan Says There Are 'Big Names' Nobody Knows AEW Is Talking To

"While speaking to the Wade Keller Podcast, Khan said that he has aces up his sleeve. He has used that same line before to hype Dynamite. He expanded on his previous statement and explained that he’s talking to people who fans have no idea about yet.

“There’s people still debuting on Dynamite and there’s people that are working their way up our roster on Dark that I’m really excited about. Then there’s big names that nobody knows about that I’m talking to. So, I’ve got a lot of aces up my sleeve.”
There are a number of people in the pro wrestling world who could surprise AEW fans. Sting’s name has come up a time or two, as has Ryback’s. We’ll have to see who Tony Khan is talking about, but don’t count AEW out when it comes to their ability to continue producing shocking moments."

Could it be:

or:

:eek: lol jk

One thing I have to criticize Tony for though is his trigger happiness. Just let the surprises happen man!!! (Or maybe my ass should just stay off the Internet lol)

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Maybe they can come in and play some video games or lose to Cody and never be seen again or something cool.
Cody gets to beat Okada (when he has the book) and people will say that is just Cody “working”.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It feels more and more like TK want to be the Meltzer on his own. Only thing missing is the „subject to change“ line in his comments...

·
Registered
11,905 Posts
Brock using Khan for leverage like Orton did.
This was my first thought, because OF COURSE Brock is going to talk to them and get $6 million on paper. Then he is going to go back to Vince and get $6.5 million and work with shirtless Roman Reigns in front of millions of people.

Talking to people doesn’t mean shit. I bet MLW and ROH have tried to make some kind of contact with Brock about what it would take to get him in. Court Bauer doesn’t feel the need to go online and talk about it.

Sounds like TK is a bit insecure about the product he currently has.

·
Registered
130 Posts
These big names are Davey Boy Smith Jr, Marty Scurll and Ethan Page right?
This guy thought that Pac's return would change the balance of power in Wrestling and Taz represents the FTR title Send Shockwaves Through The World!
This guy is absolutely clueless Smark who doesn't understand what he's doing

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
These big names are
Davey Boy Smith Jr, Marty Scurll and Ethan Page?
This guy thought that Pac's return would change the balance of power in Wrestling and Taz represents the FTR title Send Shockwaves Through The World!
This guy is absolutely clueless Smark who doesn't understand what he's doing
But there will be some who will say TK is the best promoter and booker thas has ever existed.

Guy is clearly a mark and being a mark of your own company will lead you down.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
He really is a male version of Dixie Carter.
Those "Big names" probably include Aiden English, Curt Hawkins, Eric Rowan and No Way José.. And Maybe Marty Scurll (who I like as a wrestler, but he´s not a big name anywhere but ROH)

1 - 20 of 142 Posts