Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Re: Tony Khan responds to Punk/rips WWE

Wow. Doesn't Shahid Khan do business with Saudi Arabia and thus the Saudi Royal Family? What happens if the Saudi business is more profitable than the pro-rasslin' business and Shahid Khan is forced to choose by Crown Prince Bone Saw.

AEW is 0-2 when bringing up Saudi Arabia it seems. And this one could hurt a lot worse.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

Kinda hypocritical of him, no? Doesn't his family do deals with people in Saudi?

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

I actually edited my post cos I originally posted that it sounded like he was mocking the wrestlers even though it wasn't their fault they got stranded in Saudi but I edited it cos I wondered if I misunderstood his tweet. Now it seems I understood it right after all? :lol

·
Southern Pride
2,956 Posts

Punk is just trying to get everyone talking. That is all. Obviously it is working. Doesn't mean that he will actually say anything about AEW on Backstage.

Sometimes "we" as wrestling fans are too easy to get baited by these things.

Khan though does need to be careful with what he says now that all eyes are on him for running AEW.

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts

He didn't really shit on Saudi, more like the Company for just leaving them high and dry.

If you replace Saudi Arabia with anywhere else in the world, that message comes across pretty clearly. BUT, people just have a negative connotation attached to Saudi Arabia, so anything you say automatically makes you think "Saudi is shit".

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts

Punk is just trying to get everyone talking. That is all. Obviously it is working. Doesn't mean that he will actually say anything about AEW on Backstage.

Sometimes "we" as wrestling fans are too easy to get baited by these things.
Which is exactly why they call us marks. :lol

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts

If he really cared about that he will not do a show about the WWE.
Yeah, but he still needs to remain somewhat impartial, to at least keep the illusion alive. If he just starts bashing AEW, and praising shit like the Lana/Rusev angle, or Lesnar burying the entire roster, it's obvious he's a shill.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts

He can't, the majority of people would see right through that shit and label him as a WWE shill. If he wants to kill the ideology of what "CM PUNK" is, he'll do that.
That ship sailed when he took money to cover a company that fucked his asshole into oblivion.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts