Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cornette's not exactly breaking any trade secrets. It's obvious TK is booking the show in collaboration with the EVPs and Jericho who has a lot of creative control with his booking.

Cornette doesn't have a stellar record when it comes to booking shows. This is a guy who thought standing in a ring with Kenny Bolin for quarter of an hour calling him fat was entertaining, Corney was only entertaining himself just like when he watched the boys fooling around with his wife in the hot tub. The ROH diehards still hate the guy.

·
JANUARY 5TH
4,104 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
dude you really think that there is no picture of Bobby Eaton in a better shape than what you posted? what is this?

Janela has a bad body regardless of the decade lol.
i’m sure there’s photos where he looks like a greek god - but theres also photos where he looks like a radioactive potato, with Cornette right there

so, what are we really talking about here?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cornette failed with smw - it was an outdated model even back then. The fact he said all in wouldn't work without local TV shows he's out of touch with today's world

·
Registered
669 Posts
Is he really any different from Vince? Or many autocratic Managers out there totally outside Wrestling of course not

I could double sales and turnover at work within a month at no outlay, would my manager listen or enjoy someone else taking the credit, hell no!

Just the way of the World
Vince was once pretty poor, ultra ruthless, had radical yet viable ideas and a hunger for success.

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
For an "out of touch" guy who no one listens too, his views always seem to generate multi-page responses on here. He obviously is using hyperbole when he says he brings 150,000-200,000 viewers to AEW, but he brings more than zero. They may not agree with him, but everyone in that company is listening to what he has to say. That much is obvious.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Forgetting the Jim Cornette stuff. There was a time Vince was also consistently good and open to ideas as well. The problem isn't he said that now. His made some mistakes but ultimately has delivered a product I can easily consume.

The issue for me is what happens when he gets older and more stubborn like modern day Vince or a Jim Cornette in roh?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cornette failed with smw - it was an outdated model even back then. The fact he said all in wouldn't work without local TV shows he's out of touch with today's world
he failed during the lowest point in wrestling (until now) in an area with no money.

AEW is around 750k viewers on a top tier cable channel.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Oh no.. looks like all 200,000 viewers Cornette brings in will be gone next week. 😅
Is he really any different from Vince? Or many autocratic Managers out there totally outside Wrestling of course not

I could double sales and turnover at work within a month at no outlay, would my manager listen or enjoy someone else taking the credit, hell no!

Just the way of the World
jim lives rent free in AEW management's heads.
Good

Jim can suck a donkey dick
Cornette is stupid and useless who cares what this hillbilly thinks lol.
That's his wife's job 😂
Once again ..Jim Is a cuck so his opinion means jack
Ted Turner was an "idiot" because he wasnt directly involved and EB misused his money. Dixie was an idiot because she was fooled by the likes of Russo and then Hogan/EB. TK does the opposite, is a wrestling fan, knows his wrestling and is doing quite well for around a year almost, yet still even that is also bad somehow.

Alot of these people seem pissed off at TK because they probably wanted to be the bookers or at high positions running the show because they have been in the business for X amount of years. That's the vibe I get from guys like Cornette, Bully Ray and Disco.
---

These 8 posts are why AEW will never reach the heights that people want it to. Anyone who disagrees with AEW being awesome doesn't matter, personal attacks to anyone who doesn't jump on board with TK, insult someones wife because they don't like AEW or just push them aside as "haters" and continue the AEW is awesome narrative.

In reality AEW on it's best day is a good wrestling show and on it's bad days it's one of the worst wrestling shows in modern history. Someone was going on yesterday about how the episode from last week was the perfect episode of wrestling and my immediate thought was "This guy hasn't seen much wrestling"

In regards to Tony Khan someone put it best. He is learning on the job but in reality he has no fucking idea what he is doing right now. His top babyface is doing a Stone Cold imitation from 1998, Brodie Lee is like a poor mans Undertaker, Jericho comes across like a poor mans Flair from the late 1990's, MJF is every arrogant heel ever, they've knocked off multiple WWE angles such as Jericho/Tyson (A direct copy of Austin/Tyson from 1998) and they're now bringing more and more famous wrestlers from the 1990's in.

Anyone who genuinely thinks AEW and Tony Khan write good stories doesn't know good story telling I'm afraid. Like, that's not even opinion it's factual the guy just has no idea about writing stories. Who genuinely sits in front of their TV and is super into Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy's feud with it's main selling points being Orange being bashed by a bag of oranges and Jericho being juiced. Who genuinely tunes into AEW and is into their predictable main events or story telling?

I don't get it from the AEW fans perspective either. If some goober took over my beloved Rugby League team the Sydney Roosters and he was just some big fan trying to be a coach I'd be saying "Fuck this guy off and keep him away from my football team" but for whatever reason people are willing to let Tony Khan write wrestling and pretend he's good at it because...reasons?

This

The dudes wet dream was real in the form of nwa and it gets next to no views as a free YouTube show ..times change fans change ...
It managed 250-300 thousand viewers a week which is half of AEW's audience. AEW had a budget of 100 million dollars and a major TV network but the NWA managed 50% of their audience with ageing former WWE stars, independent stars and Nick Aldis. Let that one sink in.

Give NWA 100 million plus Jericho, Moxley, Cody, Kenny etc and they'd be doing AEW numbers as well.

the only thing Cornette has done in any relevance the past decade is being a guest on on the Ruthless agression documentary and the Dark side of ring documentaries. and even then if Vince Russo wa brought up he's goes on a crazy rant like a teenage girl. he's pathetic
Hmm nope.

Head booker of ROH from 2009 to 2012. Played a big part in getting them sold.

Authored multiple books that are very popular.

First ever colour commentator for the revised NWA and was involved in their creative.

Was approached by Tony Khan to write AEW but turned it down.

Again, not as irrelevant as people think.

So he was wrong about one thing therefore he is out of touch with today's world? THAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE.

Also, please explain how Cornette failed with SMW. He wanted a successful regional territory which he achieved, he had the likes of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels wrestling his shows, created future stars and was the number 2 independent group in the United States just behind ECW. If that's a failure then sign me up.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I saw this last night. Jim Cornette was asked by Tony Khan to sign with AEW but he turned it down because of the 3 out of 4 EVPs he doesn't like. Tony Khan made him sign a nondisclosure agreement. Tony Khan books the shows with input from the EVPs.

·
Registered
879 Posts
he failed during the lowest point in wrestling (until now) in an area with no money.

AEW is around 750k viewers on a top tier cable channel.
Tried to start regional promotion when they were not feasible anymore. When aew comes along tries to apply same outdated failed logic to them. This is guy you quote.

·
Registered
879 Posts
---

These 8 posts are why AEW will never reach the heights that people want it to. Anyone who disagrees with AEW being awesome doesn't matter, personal attacks to anyone who doesn't jump on board with TK, insult someones wife because they don't like AEW or just push them aside as "haters" and continue the AEW is awesome narrative.

In reality AEW on it's best day is a good wrestling show and on it's bad days it's one of the worst wrestling shows in modern history. Someone was going on yesterday about how the episode from last week was the perfect episode of wrestling and my immediate thought was "This guy hasn't seen much wrestling"

In regards to Tony Khan someone put it best. He is learning on the job but in reality he has no fucking idea what he is doing right now. His top babyface is doing a Stone Cold imitation from 1998, Brodie Lee is like a poor mans Undertaker, Jericho comes across like a poor mans Flair from the late 1990's, MJF is every arrogant heel ever, they've knocked off multiple WWE angles such as Jericho/Tyson (A direct copy of Austin/Tyson from 1998) and they're now bringing more and more famous wrestlers from the 1990's in.

Anyone who genuinely thinks AEW and Tony Khan write good stories doesn't know good story telling I'm afraid. Like, that's not even opinion it's factual the guy just has no idea about writing stories. Who genuinely sits in front of their TV and is super into Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy's feud with it's main selling points being Orange being bashed by a bag of oranges and Jericho being juiced. Who genuinely tunes into AEW and is into their predictable main events or story telling?

I don't get it from the AEW fans perspective either. If some goober took over my beloved Rugby League team the Sydney Roosters and he was just some big fan trying to be a coach I'd be saying "Fuck this guy off and keep him away from my football team" but for whatever reason people are willing to let Tony Khan write wrestling and pretend he's good at it because...reasons?

It managed 250-300 thousand viewers a week which is half of AEW's audience. AEW had a budget of 100 million dollars and a major TV network but the NWA managed 50% of their audience with ageing former WWE stars, independent stars and Nick Aldis. Let that one sink in.

Give NWA 100 million plus Jericho, Moxley, Cody, Kenny etc and they'd be doing AEW numbers as well.

Hmm nope.

Head booker of ROH from 2009 to 2012. Played a big part in getting them sold.

Authored multiple books that are very popular.

First ever colour commentator for the revised NWA and was involved in their creative.

Was approached by Tony Khan to write AEW but turned it down.

Again, not as irrelevant as people think.

So he was wrong about one thing therefore he is out of touch with today's world? THAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE.

Also, please explain how Cornette failed with SMW. He wanted a successful regional territory which he achieved, he had the likes of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels wrestling his shows, created future stars and was the number 2 independent group in the United States just behind ECW. If that's a failure then sign me up.
Business went under in a few years & hr still owned money to workers which he could only payback after time. Pretty clear

41 - 60 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.