Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That explains everything! :(

Source:

Six minute clip, above part starts at 1:06.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is he really any different from Vince? Or many autocratic Managers out there totally outside Wrestling of course not

I could double sales and turnover at work within a month at no outlay, would my manager listen or enjoy someone else taking the credit, hell no!

Just the way of the World

·
Registered
695 Posts
Cornette is stupid and useless who cares what this hillbilly thinks lol.

·
Registered
22,709 Posts
Every episode isn't a banger and there are things I'd like to see change. But as of right now he's done a fairly good job as a rookie promoter and writer. Good enough to be top 10 weekly and get a contract extension. Though without listening I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. On top of all that can you blame him, he's a lifelong hardcore wrestling fan, of course he wants to write the stories lol. That's why his eventual ring debut isn't going to be surprising. What wrestling fan starts a promotion to not get involved lol.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
10,027 Posts
Tony has been doing very good so far. There are some plot holes and some inconsistencies, but for the most part, 85%+ of AEW's content has been good. If there was no pandemic, we would be looking at an even higher-rated company right now. They were on a serious hot streak going into March. He does need some help in tying up loose ends and in continuing feuds after the big blowoff, and he does need some pointers in structuring the flow of the show at times, but that will come in time as he gets more experience. For a company that is 1 year old, they have blown WWE out of the water as far as the quality of content. That's all I ask for as a fan. Its already reported how open Tony is backstage and how receptive he is to the talent's ideas.

As far as Cornette, he literally bitches about everything. (not here but in general) Cornette is coming off like if he invested millions of dollars into his own promotion, he wouldn't own his creative and want to be in charge of booking. Of course he would want control of the TV content. Any one of us would lol.

The 5-10 times I have listened to his podcast was all I needed to hear to see that he's just an angry old man that loves to nitpick everything that the general audience could give 2 shits about. He said the Kingston/Cody match was shit solely because they used the thumbtack spot. Like seriously? That one spot means that the entire match was shit? Has he ever put anything over on AEW or WWE?

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,117 Posts
Oh no.. looks like all 200,000 viewers Cornette brings in will be gone next week. 😅
Hey man, that is so NOT TRUE!

I was banned 7 days for that Cornette quote and I didn't even say it?! o_O :rolleyes:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tony is learning on the job... there has been a slight improvement in certain areas...but he has a long way to go before he becomes a great booker that can create stars

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Ted Turner was an "idiot" because he wasnt directly involved and EB misused his money. Dixie was an idiot because she was fooled by the likes of Russo and then Hogan/EB. TK does the opposite, is a wrestling fan, knows his wrestling and is doing quite well for around a year almost, yet still even that is also bad somehow.

Alot of these people seem pissed off at TK because they probably wanted to be the bookers or at high positions running the show because they have been in the business for X amount of years. That's the vibe I get from guys like Cornette, Bully Ray and Disco.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In past I thought, that Tony Khan would set AEW on the feed, hire good people and let the program walk. Maybe, there were some problems still in the booking group, which could be fixed in the long run. Especially when TK sees problem and hires some people. I already wondered sometimes, that Cody would do such a program. To bad, I was wrong.
If the beginner TK makes the final booking and wants to do it in the future .... pfffffff .... that could take years.

Cornette is stupid and useless who cares what this hillbilly thinks lol.
Once again ..Jim Is a cuck so his opinion means jack
So we are back into "everybody is stupid" mode when it comes to critic regarding AEW? :D
In opposite to us, Cornette talked with Tony Khan. This is not about what Cornette thinks, who cares, it is about what Tony Khan said!!! I see no reason why Cornette should lie about this.

·
Registered
695 Posts
In past I thought, that Tony Khan would set AEW on the feed, hire good people and let the program walk. Maybe, there were some problems still in the booking group, which could be fixed in the long run. Especially when TK sees problem and hires some people. I already wondered sometimes, that Cody would do such a program. To bad, I was wrong.
If the beginner TK makes the final booking and wants to do it in the future .... pfffffff .... that could take years.

So we are back into "everybody is stupid" mode when it comes to critic regarding AEW? :D
In opposite to us, Cornette talked with Tony Khan. This is not about what Cornette thinks, who cares, it is about what Tony Khan said!!! I see no reason why Cornette should lie about this.
I find cornette to be very stuck in the 80s and pretty dumb.Some people may enjoy him but I'm definetly not one of those people.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,117 Posts
As far as Cornette, he literally bitches about everything. (not here but in general) Cornette is coming off like if he invested millions of dollars into his own promotion, he wouldn't own his creative and want to be in charge of booking. Of course he would want control of the TV content. Any one of us would lol.

The 5-10 times I have listened to his podcast was all I needed to hear to see that he's just an angry old man that loves to nitpick everything that the general audience could give 2 shits about. He said the Kingston/Cody match was shit solely because they used the thumbtack spot. Like seriously? That one spot means that the entire match was shit? Has he ever put anything over on AEW or WWE?
Again, he's forever been, "stuck in the mud, spinning his tires" living in the 1980's. Hey, see what I did there? Mud. Tires. ;) ha-uh, ha-uh, ha-uh Sorry, just had to clear my throat for the 500th time. ha-uh

Other than his immense knowledge about the history of wrestling, generally speaking to the masses and his fanbase, he has nothing relevant to offer any promotion, in 2020. He will never understand, nor admit, that the type of wrestling he wants to see in 2020, is not the type of wrestling, fans want to see, in 2020. Okay, maybe, if you want to give him his 200,000 viewers thing, go for it.

As I keep saying, there's a reason he's been fired from every job he's had, there's a reason he's not currently employed, there's a reason his phone isn't ringing with job offers, there's a reason why he's so hated among many, there's a reason why he still holds many grudges (to this day), with every person, office and promotion, he's ever worked in. He's a mark for the business. He's a mark for himself. I don't know how anyone can still take him seriously.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.