Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts
If he's really leaving, why did they reference him 2382 times on Dynamite last night? Why is he a part of an active angle, involving the world champion? Something doesn't smell right. I'm not saying it is all a work. but it is strange that they would make such a strong effort to get the guy over right before he is supposedly leaving the company for their mortal enemy. We'll see.

If he's really leaving, why did they reference him 2382 times on Dynamite last night? Why is he a part of an active angle, involving the world champion? Something doesn't smell right. I'm not saying it is all a work. but it is strange that they would make such a strong effort to get the guy over right before he is supposedly leaving the company for their mortal enemy. We'll see.
This is a show where MJF regularly tells you WWE is better and he’d rather be working for them. Nothing new in this.

But that wasn’t why Regal asked to leave.

“If you want to go be with your son, then I am fully understanding and supportive of that. If you just want to leave to go be with Hunter, then I am not supporting that. So here are stipulations to prevent you from taking advantage of my kindness.”

Look at my history. I am always in favor of the boys honoring their contracts, but I am not a fan of the CEOs telling the boys they can’t use their celebrity on social media to make a few extra bucks without my say so.

Nor am I a fan of CEOs tacking on months to contracts due to injuries - said as much as recently when it was mentioned that TK might force Omega to work an extra 9 months due to missed time. If you get hurt on company time, then you heal on company time.

TK is no saint here, but he did more than Vince would, which is precisely what you are angling for here: some weird “a ha! Gotcha!!” moment. TK did the honorable thing while protecting his business. He could have very easily took the Vince path and locked him up just so WWE couldn’t have him at all.

Regal and TK took a gentlemen’s agreement to part ways. Don’t see how this is twisted into Tony being evil.
Oh get the fuck out of here, it's fascinating watching you go from Tony's Hitler to sweet little cupcake Tony is never wrong. That whiplash is fucking my neck up. Your Vince comparison is DOA because I already pointed out how in the EXACT SAME SITUATION even the evil VinMan let talent who requested their releases early go with no strings attached.

When Dustin, Toni and Andrade all asked for their releases he let them go and once their 90 day no compete clauses were up they were free to go anywhere and work for that company in any capacity they wanted. If Vince was Tony he would've went "OK Dustin, I'll let you go but since I know your brother is with our competitor you have to wait a year before being on their shows."

Regal is gonna work with Triple H regardless of being an onscreen character so how the hell does prohibiting that stop them from working together? Regal isn't Hogan, Rock or Austin, him appearing as NXT GM again ain't putting AEW out of business. The fact that William Regal being on WWE TV threatens Tony so much tells us all we need to know about his confidence or lack thereof in his own company.

And regarding working with his son, what if Regal wants to manage him on tv? MJF and the Cuck Club can benefit from Regal's mic work and on-air talents but his own damn son has to wait until 2023? That's some bullshit, if he's not employed by AEW I don't see how in hell it's legally enforceable.

Oh get the fuck out of here, it's fascinating watching you go from Tony's Hitler to sweet little cupcake Tony is never wrong. That whiplash is fucking my neck up. Your Vince comparison is DOA because I already pointed out how in the EXACT SAME SITUATION even the evil VinMan let talent who requested their releases early go with no strings attached.

When Dustin, Toni and Andrade all asked for their releases he let them go and once their 90 day no compete clauses were up they were free to go anywhere and work for that company in any capacity they wanted. If Vince was Tony he would've went "OK Dustin, I'll let you go but since I know your brother is with our competitor you have to wait a year before being on their shows."

Regal is gonna work with Triple H regardless of being an onscreen character so how the hell does prohibiting that stop them from working together? Regal isn't Hogan, Rock or Austin, him appearing as NXT GM again ain't putting AEW out of business. The fact that William Regal being on WWE TV threatens Tony so much tells us all we need to know about his confidence or lack thereof in his own company.

And regarding working with his son, what if Regal wants to manage him on tv? MJF and the Cuck Club can benefit from Regal's mic work and on-air talents but his own damn son has to wait until 2023? That's some bullshit, if he's not employed by AEW I don't see how in hell it's legally enforceable.

I don’t disagree that Regal showing up on NXT as GM shows Tony’s spineless ass for the confidence level he has in his ability to write a show. Dude fucking sucks.

But he could have easily dicked Regal over. Like I said, go check my history. I’m pretty consistent on talent honoring contracts, and the front offices not trying to hold guys out of work.

Regal is welcome to still make money, just don’t do it on competing television. Vince wasn’t wrong for not wanting guys to pull a Rick Rude on him again. Protect yourself and your company. I only ever get offended when these asshole billionaires extend guys’ contracts for getting injured performing on THEIR show. That’s bullshit, whether it is Vince or Tony likely playing that card on his roster.

I posted this in another thread but in this video Regel tells you how he talked to Vince Mcmahon directly on leaving to AEW cause he was contacted by Bryan. Vince McMahon let him go. It goes with your point so I thought I'd share. Skipped it to the part where he mentions it.

In this instance Vince did it better in my opinion.

I don’t disagree that Regal showing up on NXT as GM shows Tony’s spineless ass for the confidence level he has in his ability to write a show. Dude fucking sucks.

But he could have easily dicked Regal over. Like I said, go check my history. I’m pretty consistent on talent honoring contracts, and the front offices not trying to hold guys out of work.

Regal is welcome to still make money, just don’t do it on competing television. Vince wasn’t wrong for not wanting guys to pull a Rick Rude on him again. Protect yourself and your company. I only ever get offended when these asshole billionaires extend guys’ contracts for getting injured performing on THEIR show. That’s bullshit, whether it is Vince or Tony likely playing that card on his roster.
But he did dick him over, Regal isn't some massive draw how does him being a tv character hurt AEW at all? CM Punk I could understand but a career midcarder who's retired from in-ring competition? That's petty paranoia on Tony's part. I don't care what Rick Rude did a quarter of a century ago in the past year Vince let Dustin, Toni and Andrade walk straight to his biggest competitor with no BS obstacles. Once their 90 days were up they were 100% free.

You keep ignoring Vince's very recent history of granting no strings attached early releases, how much of a petty dick are you if even Vince McMahon isn't pulling the shit you are. If Regal and his son had their hearts set on working together as a father/son wrestler/manager pair how is it not fair they have to wait a full year to do it? Why is it OK that Tony was instantly able to use Regal onscreen? Why didn't he use Regal only in a backstage role?

That 90-day clause is written into their contracts Seems here Tony's doing what he thinks best for him and Regal agreed to it. I don't see the issue.
How is it what's best for Tony? Regal agreeing to it could be a sign he wanted to leave so badly he'd take any option out, not that he's necessarily happy with that stipulation.

Its not unless Tony Khan is paying Regal full pay for next year. Otherwise no it's not enforceable and laughable to even suggest it

How is it what's best for Tony? Regal agreeing to it could be a sign he wanted to leave so badly he'd take any option out, not that he's necessarily happy with that stipulation.
I can't get in Tony's head. Obviously Tony thought it was a good idea.
If Tony said it was that or he'd take his option, Regal thought it was a good idea to leave. Presumably TK didn't have a gun to his head.

But he did dick him over, Regal isn't some massive draw how does him being a tv character hurt AEW at all? CM Punk I could understand but a career midcarder who's retired from in-ring competition? That's petty paranoia on Tony's part. I don't care what Rick Rude did a quarter of a century ago in the past year Vince let Dustin, Toni and Andrade walk straight to his biggest competitor with no BS obstacles. Once their 90 days were up they were 100% free.

You keep ignoring Vince's very recent history of granting no strings attached early releases, how much of a petty dick are you if even Vince McMahon isn't pulling the shit you are. If Regal and his son had their hearts set on working together as a father/son wrestler/manager pair how is it not fair they have to wait a full year to do it? Why is it OK that Tony was instantly able to use Regal onscreen? Why didn't he use Regal only in a backstage role?
Regal was fired in the first instance. Regal is ASKING to leave in the second instance.

Dustin, Toni, and Andrade had 90-day no compete clauses, why? Because Vince knew their intentions were to go straight to TV. Regal forms the basis of his wanting to leave around the idea that he wants to train his son and watch his growth up close, first-hand.

Had Regal said he wanted to go over there and be on TV, I don’t think he’d have been given his release, which is as I said in the case of Vince, “Sorry mf’ers. Y’all signed the contract. Honor it. Get better consultation/agents next time, assholes.”

But in Regal’s case, FROM WHAT WE KNOW THUS FAR, he simply requested it in a way that he wanted to be close to his son, not “Hey, I want to go work for WWE, because I prefer it there!”

Its not unless Tony Khan is paying Regal full pay for next year. Otherwise no it's not enforceable and laughable to even suggest it
It is absolutely enforcable. It is laughable to suggest it isn't. This type of non-compete language is used commonly in staffing across all industries. The only way WWE could fight it is to say that William Regal is a full independent contractor, who should have the freedom to end a contract at anytime. They won't do that because it goes against their whole system of signing people to exclusive contracts with non-compete clauses.

Discussion starter · #99 ·
TK just confirmed ROH weekly TV early next year on HonorClub ($9.99/month with ROH's old archives and PPVs after 90 days). By the sounds of it, NJPW will be heavily involved in this product and there will be a lot of crossover there. Live PPVs will still be on WBD/BR.

So basically, no big time TV deal and more of a self-sustaining streaming service attempt. I'm a bit sceptical if this will work out, but TK has done a very good job of monetising the fanbase over the past few years, so we'll see.

He did also confirm ROH storylines will be moved over to there. And that ROH's roster will mostly be based there rather than both shows.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.