Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts
So when the news of Regal leaving AEW started leaking there was also a report that he was unhappy in AEW, didn't call it professional, etc. A LOT of people on here were quick to jump on that with "See, AEW is a bad workplace!!!". Those same people probably wont admit that they were wrong now that the actual truth has come out that Regal simply just wants to go back to working with his son in WWE. Stop rushing to judgement, y'all.

Had no clue about Tony Khans Mothers health issues. So Tony has had even more on his plate. Thoughts are with his mother and their family.
"Wants to go working with his son" lol a good PR move.

None of this suggest that he never said that he didn't hate working for AEW. If he was in Heaven, son or no sons, he would not have left.

Why did TK decided to keep talking about his mom as related to Regal? VERY strange. Notice he never adressed Regal mentioning that the guys won't listen.
Tony talked about his mom because it was at the mayo clinic where his Mom was (or outside of it, on a bench) where Regal and TK had a conversation that led to Regal telling TK that he wanted to go back to WWE to work with his son. Due to TK being there at that Clinic for his mom he didn't want to keep Regal from working with his son. So it all really tied together.

"Wants to go working with his son" lol a good PR move.

None of this suggest that he never said that he didn't hate working for AEW. If he was in Heaven, son or no sons, he would not have left.
Nothing suggested that he hated working in AEW also other than some report that other sources eventually said was BS. He would still be in WWE now if he didn't get mass released because that's where he has been for ages. Regal was surrounded by friends in AEW. He is willingly leaving them to go back to WWE. I don't think that it's "Heaven" for him in WWE even but that's where his son is. I get that people want to believe that every negative report or thinking of AEW is true but sometimes it quite simply isn't.

AEW is a work-rate promotion though. People need to accept that the soap opera (for the most part compared to WWE) is at a lower degree and has been that way from the start. What about his ROH answer? The primary issue that a lot of people have with the product right now is the presence of ROH on AEW TV and the fact that its diluting the quality. He literally gave an answer to those criticisms and is actively trying to limit ROH presence on TV. Is that not addressing and giving a solution to one of the top criticisms he's getting? The 2nd criticism is the space between PPV's. He's thinking of adding PPV #5 to the calendar year but there's the issue of oversaturation. 3rd criticism is FTR's presence on TV. Well he also answered that and referred to Punk ruining plans and FTR wrestling in multiple promotions, which is 1 of the primary perks FTR wanted in their contract. The entire interview is pretty much him addressing the personal and professional problems surrounding AEW and what he is doing to fix.
forget the soap opera, Most promotions back then were work rate. The problem is they are not doing well at creating compelling stories between fueds or characters. If he wants to keep it the way it is that is absolutely fine but its peaked and infact people are clearly losing steam about the promotion. If hes in the business to stay the same and jerk himself off to his fantasy, go ahead. But If he wants to play business he has to adapt and change. Hes not matter than wwe.

Nothing suggested that he hated working in AEW also other than some report that other sources eventually said was BS. He would still be in WWE now if he didn't get mass released because that's where he has been for ages. Regal was surrounded by friends in AEW. He is willingly leaving them to go back to WWE. I don't think that it's "Heaven" for him in WWE even but that's where his son is. I get that people want to believe that every negative report or thinking of AEW is true but sometimes it quite simply isn't.
What are the proofs that what EC3 said was BS? You don't think it's suspiscious that someone who just joined a company wants to already leave?

What are the proofs that what EC3 said was BS? You don't think it's suspiscious that someone who just joined a company wants to already leave?
Not suspicious at all when. the. guy. wants. to. be. with. his. son. and. go. back. to. the. place. that. he. didn't. want. to. leave. in. the. first. place.

So it was EC3 that said the "Regal didn't like being in AEW"? A guy that DOESN'T EVEN WORK IN AEW AND ISN'T IN THAT LOCKER ROOM?? Like, come on y'all.. stop fishing for negativity.

yup

talking about him in the present tense

almost like….IT WAS A WORK!!

But we are wrong, remember?

We can go fuck ourselves for thinking such a thing!

I am pumped for Punk's 2023 return.

From what we know Regal had a one year contract with a one year option from AEW to make it two years. Regal is almost finished the first year and asked if TK would forego the option year so Regal could go back to work with his son in NXT or maybe eventually WWE.

If the terms stipulate that Regal can only work behind the camera for a stated measurement of time it seems pretty fair for everyone.

When Ric Flair left WCW for the WWF in 1990 they had an agreement for a similar situation. Whenever Flair wanted to leave he had a handshake with Vince that would allow Flair to do just that. Didn’t Flair also have to stay out of the ring and play a non-wrestling role for a certain length of time as well? If that is also the agreement AEW has with Regal it seems more than fair. Regal doesn’t want to wrestle so his stipulation could be that he can’t appear in front of the camera for the first year back in the time that he would have still been in AEW.

As far as ROH is concerned I sure hope something positive is announced at Saturday’s Final Battle for ROH. The constant complaining about ROH in AEW has been painful to see and hear every day that ROH appears as part of AEW programming.

There are seven titles in AEW. There are six titles in ROH.

With the 24/7 Title just now becoming obsolete WWE and NXT combined have fifteen titles. While AEW has also used titles from AAA, NJPW and a few women’s titles from Japan have popped up from time to time. If fans can’t keep track in AEW they probably have issues with that other promotion as well.

With the proper separation of ROH and AEW seemingly imminent in some form the complaints should stop about having too many titles on AEW shows.

I'm not a devout or even regular AEW follower, but i do check their youtube alot, and it seems like Regal's contributions were special; he glued and enhanced many matches and segments; espeically during that tough time where a lot of the best guys had to leave or were injured. lots of good tv moments. It's interesting folks like Athena and Hogan were so big in the indies, but did nothing in AEW and WWE. An Athena/Hayter PPV match would be amazing (give the main 4 top female stars a break and allow others to get shine who can go instead of showcasing these other female wrestlers who just aren't special right now.

FTR seem content, but from what I'm reading around the net; they'll end their career in WWE. It's good they are not rocky any boats.

When Ric Flair left WCW for the WWF in 1990 they had an agreement for a similar situation. Whenever Flair wanted to leave he had a handshake with Vince that would allow Flair to do just that. Didn’t Flair also have to stay out of the ring and play a non-wrestling role for a certain length of time as well?
Yeah, that's why he had the Flair For The Gold talking segment for a bit.

Though it technically isn't impossible EC3 is fully right, he's absolutely not in anyway a source to treat as gospel like seems to be happening at times as he has seemingly 0 connection to the company, plus there's so many other perfectly reasonable reasons for Regal to wish to leave (lots of friends in WWE, his son, the fact it's very clear he never wanted to leave till he was let go by Vince so Vince being gone means he can come back) that it's just a matter of what's more likely, and what's more likely is EC3 was full of shit (again not definite and if I turn out to be wrong I'll own it but the logic is heavily towards this conclusion looking at the situation).

It's on EC3 to provide proof that Regal said it or implied it since he's the one to make the allegation. Not possible to prove someone didn't say something. And Regal's explanation's perfectly reasonable. Anyone leaving WWE or AEW after a year doesn't mean they hated it there.

If the terms stipulate that Regal can only work behind the camera for a stated measurement of time it seems pretty fair for everyone.
Only way those terms make even a slight bit of sense is if AEW are paying Regal his full contract while he works behind the scenes..

AEW cannot enforce any rules on any performer if no longer under contract. It's utterly ridiculous to even suggest a clause like that.

Vince was called Satan for the 90 day no compete where performers got FULL PAY. Imagine if Vince said to Toni Storm or Cesaro or Black or Revival or Jeff Hardy etc etc 'OK I will release you, I won't pay you one penny and you cannot appear on TV for one year'

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.