Wrestling Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
This would be more fun if anyone from WWE actually fired back. The YouTube wrestling channels might cry and say they're not allowed to say anything back but them crying would be a bonus.

If it's gonna go dirty, let it actually go dirty. Need anyone from WWE to say AEW either get washed up talent or talent that were kicked out of WWE. Call Tony a spoilt, clown that doesn't care about business, he's just paying wrestlers to be his friends. Say their women's division sucks so bad they had to push Ruby Riott. I don't care.

Both of these companies are run by cunts. Soulless, business cunts v. Obnoxious, fratboy cunts. Hope both companies burn to the ground.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
Tony taking off the gloves here..only problem is..he's not going agiasnt Raw. AEW Rampage is be going head to head with many agree universally is the better show..not to mention you could argue more star power.

Roman, Brock, Sasha, Becky, Bianca, Kevin Owen, Ceasro and a couple others.

But in Tonys favor Smackdown will be on FS1 less potential viewing audience.

The ratings will be very interesting when they come out
Yeah, he's not thinking critically either. If you really want to "compete" (which is in quotes because he has no chance in hell) then swap Andrade and Bryan vs. Suzuki. No one cares about Andrade and some random guys from a promotion no one watches, especially in comparison to what's happening on Smackdown.

WWE loses nothing by Tony Khan giving this match away on YouTube. They can run a random Otis and Gable match because they're not directly competing on network television. As long as you have Smackdown on in the background while you're watching Bryan on YouTube, they don't give a shit. They also forced Tony Khan to blow a marquee matchup for no real reason. It's a win/win situation.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,507 Posts
Tony's comments would have more of an impact if it actually prompted WWE to fire back, but he just comes across as the bitter ex girlfriend trying to tell you how good her life is since you guys broke up and how she's moved on, and WWE is just you going "Lol K".

And all the fans are her best friends going "Yeah get em Tony!! You go girl! You tell that Evil Fed!!" When you phrase it that way the situation looks stupid now

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
PhenomenalOne11 said:
Tony's comments would have more of an impact if it actually prompted WWE to fire back
The company that is running an ad-free extra 30 minutes against Rampage?

The company that is leaking AEW's fast overnights knowing they are lower than the final number?

Both sides are having their digs, one is perhaps just being more subtle about it.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,507 Posts
The company that is running an ad-free extra 30 minutes against Rampage?

The company that is leaking AEW's fast overnights knowing they are lower than the final number?

Both sides are having their digs, one is perhaps just being more subtle about it.

Has it actually been confirmed that WWE is leaking those numbers, is it actual stone cold facts? Or is it just pure speculation to start drama online and feed into this fake war?

·
Premium Member
13,182 Posts
Has it actually been confirmed that WWE is leaking those numbers, is it actual stone cold facts? Or is it just pure speculation to start drama online and feed into this fake war?
We’ll find out soon enough haha. If the bad early number only get leaked and the good early numbers don’t, then it’s true and WWE is that petty.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The fake war is real enough for you to sit on a forum all day moaning about a show you hate watch, run by you don’t like. 🙄

give it a rest.

·
Registered
I know, I'm surprised I'm still alive too
37 Posts
They said they don’t watch it while their shows are live

like at NXT there will be monitors with AEW on, to see what they do and counter it

not “we never watch it”

TK is a wrestling fan and now in the business - of course he watches it
I'm almost 100% sure they meant they don't monitor WWE whatsoever, not that they don't pay attention during their shows.

Also, wasn't there a screenshot of a AEW production truck that had a monitor with NXT on it too? I think Jericho tried to downplay it by saying it was the 1 and only time it happened and never again but I know they were caught watching NXT too.

Clearly both companies lie about not paying attention to the other but it stands out more when AEW does it because they obsessively tell us they don't think about WWE.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I try to tune into Raw most weeks, and by the end of the first hour, if not the first segment, I’m incredibly discouraged from continuing the show. He’s right, RAW sucked on Monday — hell, it sucks MOST Mondays. It’s a miracle they get as many viewers as they do with the nonsense, bad TV they put out regularly.

Did he have to take the shot? No. But if it makes WWE step it’s game up, then we’re all the better for it.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts