Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,105 Posts
don't know why you get so upset about a promoter promoting his show
Promote away, but I have the right to call it out when he's doing a bad job. We know RAW is terrible right now, these shots don't help AEW grow.

The AEW roster right now is incredible, halfway competent booking would make it unmissable for any wrestling fan. How am I lukewarm on a show with a roster that contains Punk, Bryan, Cole, Moxley, Jericho & Omega?

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Promote away, but I have the right to call it out when he's doing a bad job. We know RAW is terrible right now, these shots don't help AEW grow.

The AEW roster right now is incredible, halfway competent booking would make it unmissable for any wrestling fan. How am I lukewarm on a show with a roster that contains Punk, Bryan, Cole, Moxley, Jericho & Omega?
I get your point, the ratings for Rampage are taking a nose dive. I want it to be better. I'm an AEW mark, but I want to see Punk in more meaningful matches. Danielson is fantastic, but I done care about him going up against Suzuki.

Lets be honest too, Friday night at 10pm is just an awful timeslot.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
The best part is Tony Kahn saying he schedules his shows for the people, while WWE deliberately schedules their shows to be against the interests of the people.

He’s also saying “watch everything and decide for yourself”, exuding an earned confidence that they have the much better show right now.

I get that people love to nitpick, but he comes across really well and the nitpicks don’t seem very deep to me. He just needs to back it up by publicly by showing the same level of confidence later regardless of the rating.

Personally, I expect AEW to surpass WWE to become the number one show among the audience who already watches wrestling.

WWE‘s advantage is they’re in the consciousness of that mass casual market who don’t watch wrestling. That’s why Goldberg is still booked dominant. However, the Hulk Hogan generation is getting older, and the Attitude Era casuals have either already come back (due to the yearly Attitude Era returns for WM) or they will remember WWE exists and check it out on YouTube... but they won’t find the stars, stories, or cool factor that they remember. It would be something if AEW can eventually capture some of that piece of the pie, too.

Tony’s competitiveness seems to be coming out, which is fine. I would do it a different way, though. I would never say that the competitor’s show “sucked.” I would take the high road and thank the WWE for the challenge, and for inspiring me to rise to that challenge.

Like, the week before WrestleMania and other major WWE ppvs, I would even wish them well and thank Vince McMahon for being the visionary he is/was. Nothing bad can come from being classy or nice.

Someday, I’m sure, I will start watching WWE again. Wrestling can be cyclical sometimes, with great periods followed by bad periods.
I love the competitive spirit of it, and thought it was respectful to precede his comment with the “Watch Your Wrestling” slogan.

So he told everyone:

1. He watched Raw
2. Everyone else should watch Raw if they want to
3. But he thinks his show will be the better show this week because Raw sucked.

To me, he’s already gone above and beyond in respecting his competition, so a little competitiveness is close to harmless for his public perception IMO

·
Registered
31,932 Posts
It's still weird folk peddle the WWE went after AEW first narrative as if The Elite hadn't been taking shots for year or as if NXT wasn't coming on Wednesday at 8 for years.

All in all this gives fans a chance to talk shit. He needs to back it up though or his fans are going to get rode on lol

·
Premium Member
13,182 Posts
One of the good things for AEW coming out of this is TK is trying to rile up the hardcore AEW fans to watch just to beat SD.

I think he might have done enough to get the hardcore fans to watch his show and beat the last 2 weeks rampage ratings.
his problem is that Sasha and Becky are wildly popular among Hardcore and Casuals fans and the effect will be noticeable.

Becky’s segment/match with Rhea destroyed what was on Dynamite and was the last time NXT had a segment over 1m views. Sasha vs Io had 900K+ and destroyed AEW too.
The section of hardcore women wrestling fans is strong.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Raw is unwatchable. Rampage is unwatchable. Smackdown and Dynamite are below average.

I've been watching random episodes of Raw and Smackdown from 2003 and it blows anything either company does out of the water. And I remember people not liking that year as much because it was hot off the Attitude Era and Monday Night Wars. Shows how spoiled we were. Even the in ring work shits on anything either program has to offer. The business right now is in the absolute shitter.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,370 Posts
"We're going to present ourselves as an alternative" yet they're so much like WWE it isn't even funny.
I know they're a far better version of WWE at least.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Some people will moan that he needs to focus on AEW and not talk about WWE but I'm loving this no fucks given version of Tony. The guy is passionate and enthusiastic and wants wrestling to be as good as it can possibly be. If WWE used that same energy he wouldn't need to bad mouth them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There is a fine line between "I believe we have the best wrestling product in the world" and "That other company's show sucks." The former is an owner promoting his product, the latter is an unnecessary shot. Let the fans decide that Raw sucks. Calling WWE out like this is just asking for the backlash.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So much tiny dick energy from the dog wanker. Weird how bringing in yes man and Pepsi man and their ratings still trend down. I pity the poor jaguars and fulham fans

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,370 Posts
So much tiny dick energy from the dog wanker. Weird how bringing in yes man and Pepsi man and their ratings still trend down. I pity the poor jaguars and fulham fans
You sound upset (which explains the unnecessary phallic references), and also hopelessly unaware of how ratings work.

Tony Khan ain't going anywhere, dude.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Tony taking off the gloves here..only problem is..he's not going agiasnt Raw. AEW Rampage is be going head to head with many agree universally is the better show..not to mention you could argue more star power.

Roman, Brock, Sasha, Becky, Bianca, Kevin Owen, Ceasro and a couple others.

But in Tonys favor Smackdown will be on FS1 less potential viewing audience.

The ratings will be very interesting when they come out

61 - 80 of 101 Posts