Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
10,277 Posts
TK is the real business man. It is nothing wrong when he set up the target. When WCW vs WWE era, Vince and Eric always shitted each other.
And how did that work out for WCW and Eric in the long run?
.. I´m wondering if TNT gave him a call after last weeks Rampage ratings got out and said "do better, or be cancelled"..

·
Butter My Arse
12,563 Posts
I gotta admire his cojones. Obviously in the give no fucks mode at the moment, considering how tempestuous wrasslin’ fans can get these days. The RAW comment is strange though.

·
Registered
I know, I'm surprised I'm still alive too
37 Posts
Am I tripping or was the unofficial AEW company line always "we don't watch or pay attention to WWE at all, we focus on ourselves."

If he's saying Raw sucked that means he watched it which goes against 2 years of "we don't care what goes on in Stamford." Also, this past weeks Raw wasn't a go home show so lol.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
And how did that work out for WCW and Eric in the long run?
.. I´m wondering if TNT gave him a call after last weeks Rampage ratings got out and said "do better, or be cancelled"..
It's certainly possible.

The danger for AEW if ratings tank is that their next tv deal doesn't cover the additional shows and they have a WCW situation where they have to fund the shows themselves.

Am I tripping or was the unofficial AEW company line always "we don't watch or pay attention to WWE at all, we focus on ourselves."

If he's saying Raw sucked that means he watched it which goes against 2 years of "we don't care what goes on in Stamford." Also, this past weeks Raw wasn't a go home show so lol.
Jericho has admitted to watching WWE.

TK being the mark he is, will definitely watch WWE.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts

They said they don’t watch it while their shows are live

like at NXT there will be monitors with AEW on, to see what they do and counter it

not “we never watch it”

TK is a wrestling fan and now in the business - of course he watches it

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Last major 'competition' saw two companies hotshot to high heaven so much that at the end one of them was out of business as was the third biggest us company and the one remaining left standing went into a four year period of down business until Batista and Cena turned things around.

Even last minor competition it did what exactly. Where are TNA now?

Hell what did the competition on Wednesday nights accomplish exactly?
Exactly why it's always WWE that wants to go head to head with AEW and not the other way around.

They want back the monopoly they had so they can produce shit product weekly and mistreat wrestlers and fans will have no other option than to eat it and say "thank you sir".

Not to mention the wrestlers pay got better as soon as AEW became a thing. If Tony Khan shuts down aew tomorrow, do you think WWE will ever increase the wrestlers pay? Wrestlers are doing much better financially, they have a choice if WWE mistreats them.

When one competitor wants to close in on the other one and put them out of business, they do what WWE has been doing. NXT from their own network to USA in the same time slot and making it two hours a month before AEW dynamite.

When was the last time they went 2 and a half hours for smackdown? Exactly. It's because of Rampage. They see the bad ratings and they want to kill it. That's how Vince operates. And that's what Ted Turner/Eric tried to do with him. Tony Khan and AEW on the other hand want to make their own space in wrestling market without direct head to head competition.

·
it's a tarp!
7,200 Posts
This is about the best gauge of where everybody lies.

And going into it with a hellfire attitude is definitely the way to go.

In regards to WWE not watching AEW, I believe the comment ultimately comes from Vince, and not his crew.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
No thanks, I won't watch it 😂
But I WILL see you on Friday for our main event!

Yes, it was Chris Jericho who said he, nor anyone else, didn't sit in front of a monitor and try to counterprogram NXT live because "they're focused on their own product." We've been knowing it's bullshit from the start with all the unprovoked shots they take at WWE.

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,182 Posts
But I WILL see you on Friday for our main event!

Yes, it was Chris Jericho who said he, nor anyone else, didn't sit in front of a monitor and try to counterprogram NXT live because "they're focused on their own product." We've been knowing it's bullshit from the start with all the unprovoked shots they take at WWE.
Becky and Sasha about to deliver the best SD Women’s match in history.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Honestly, the more heated things get between the two companies, the better. Don't really care if either come across good or bad.

I hope it escalates and both make it their business to cripple the other with a superior wrestling show. Rooting for AEW, since A. it is better and B. WWE needs to be kicked in the gut before it pulls its finger out.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,105 Posts
Just like "AEW having a very different presentation", "being a sports like product" and "wins and losses matter". What AEW says and what AEW does are two completely different things.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
6,105 Posts
"We're going to present ourselves as an alternative" yet they're so much like WWE it isn't even funny.
Furthermore "an alternative" is not a brand. They need a clear mission statement that sums up what they are and what they are trying to do.

I forgot the biggest lie of them all "Cody Rhodes Doesn't Want To Bloat AEW Roster With Ex-WWE Talent".

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Once again to all the WWE marks, I don't know why you get so upset about a promoter promoting his show. Smackdown will have more viewers, but it might not be the better show.

He's right about RAW, it sucked. After about 20 min, I had to change the channel. Modern Marvels on the History Channel was far more entertaining than that crap.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts