Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony Khan is confident AEW Rampage will be a better show than WWE SmackDown on Friday.

Rampage and SmackDown will go head-to-head for a half-hour on Friday, October 16 with SmackDown airing on Fox Sports 1 for an extra 30-minutes. When the announcement was made that SmackDown would be 30-minutes longer, Tony Khan tweeted that he was excited to beat WWE's main show.

Speaking to Robbie Fox on My Mom's Basement, Khan discussed WWE's move to run against Rampage.

"It's the second time they've decided to go head-to-head with us. I want the fans to be able to watch all the wrestling. I'll coin a phrase right now, WYW; Watch Your Wrestling. I want people to watch your wrestling. Whatever you want to watch, watch it. A lot of people have chosen to watch AEW because it's the best show. Watch Your Wrestling. I want people to watch everything. It's the second time they've chosen to put their wrestling head-to-head with mine. The last time they did it, it didn't happen overnight, but from the start, AEW consistently did better numbers than NXT and we eventually won that war and AEW is now the Wednesday night show and Wednesday Night Dynamite has had a great run. On Friday, they're doing a half-hour head-to-head with Rampage, which is new. I put my show on consciously after SmackDown knowing there is a huge audience of people that watch that show and a lot of people are going to watch Rampage, which has been a hit for TNT. They're literally going to do a half-hour head-to-head, that's fine. We'll see what happens. I'm not saying for sure we'll win and maybe the odds are against us in some ways, but we're going to do the better show, I know. If you don't believe me, watch the go-home show [Raw] they did last night because it sucked," he said.

On Tuesday afternoon, Khan announced a Buy-In show for AEW Rampage that will air on YouTube beginning at 9 p.m. ET. On the show, Bryan Danielson will take on Minoru Suzuki.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
This is bad. Don’t talk about the competition’s show being good or bad. Subtle jokes back and forth are fine, despite how some feel, but this comes off desperate and sad.

·
Registered
13,919 Posts
He ain't going up against Raw though...

·
Registered
261 Posts
TK is the real business man. It is nothing wrong when he set up the target. When WCW vs WWE era, Vince and Eric always shitted each other.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Tony’s competitiveness seems to be coming out, which is fine. I would do it a different way, though. I would never say that the competitor’s show “sucked.” I would take the high road and thank the WWE for the challenge, and for inspiring me to rise to that challenge.

Like, the week before WrestleMania and other major WWE ppvs, I would even wish them well and thank Vince McMahon for being the visionary he is/was. Nothing bad can come from being classy or nice.

Someday, I’m sure, I will start watching WWE again. Wrestling can be cyclical sometimes, with great periods followed by bad periods.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Triggered my boy Khan. If WWE really wanted to hurt AEW it would be so easy. The last time NXT was on Wednesday, Dynamite did around 600k. Can you imagine, they could have stacked the show and really do damage.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,692 Posts
I appreciate his honesty in Raw, because it did suck, but I dunno if it's worthy going out and saying it publicly like this. Doesn't really do anything other than make him look kinda petty, but it is funny.

Reactions: Whoanma

·
Registered
10,107 Posts
10 pm slot is the problem. Even if as many Dynamite viewers watch Rampage this week, due to the 30 mins head to head. They won't next week probably. Change the timeslot or move the day forward to Saturday if it's not doable on Friday. That's the only solution.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts