Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else catch tonight's Superstars? I thought it was a great show, especially if you're a fan of actual wrestling. All 3 matches were solid.

Curt Hawkins did well as guest commentator during the Trent Berretta/Tyler Reks match, and I'm interested in the little rivalry he and Berretta have going. I can definitely see both these guys as major players in the future.

The William Regal/Darren Young match was short but entertaining. Its always a pleasure to see Regal in action.

CM Punk is just brilliant on commentary, and he cracks me up with the way he's always suggesting that his partner (Scott Sanford?) doesn't know anything about wrestling :lmao He does seem rather noob-ish.

The main event between Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith was very enjoyable. I know a lot of people don't give a crap about these two, but I've always been a fan. And even though the tag-team split up rivalry has been done a thousand times, their work on Superstars tonight actually had me interested. And the crowd was more into this match than they've EVER been for a Hart Dynasty match. I was surprised to hear Punk say that Tyson Kidd was "pound for pound the best sports-entertainer" in the company. He seemed pretty high on Kidd.

I truly hope this was an indicator of what's to come for Superstars. I'd like to see Superstars become a kind of mini version of RAW and Smackdown!, where they actually have meaningful storylines that give the new guys a chance to sharpen their skills.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I almost started a thread up on this topic, so I'm glad that you did.

Yeah, Superstars was great tonight. I really truly love this storyline of Barreta and Hawkins, their rivalry and how it's about respect and personality. Hawkins is already carving a nice niche as a sly heel; he doesn't do moustache-twirling, he's just straightforward about his goals, ambitions and dreams, and I think that's something that has been missing from WWE heeldom as of late. The Barreta-Reks match was good, too, showing what both men can do. I like that Superstars has its own storyline between Barreta and Hawkins. Fascinated to see where it goes. They've done a great job of detailing their backstory.

The Regal-Young match was short but it keeps that rivalry from a couple months ago alive, another Superstars-specific storyline.

And, yeah, DH Smith vs. Tyson Kidd was 1,000x better than I ever expected it to be and I guess the fans are into the storyline, so another case where WWE might possibly prove me wrong. Good chemistry as you might expect from both men. Excellent main event for Superstars.

Just really enjoyed the show tonight, so much so that I want to watch it again tomorrow evening or something, because it was really a nicely-paced, tight wrestling show. Thanks for starting a thread on it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah Tyson kidd ain't the most solid micworker and doesn't have tons of charisma. But he's definately entertaining in the ring. Great wrestler :p

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Just finished watching it, Reks/Beretta was decent and the addition of Hawkins on commentary was cool, hope this leads to a decider on Smackdown soon. Marked for the Regal Stretch (his hiatus was pretty short wasn't it :rolleyes:). Smith/Kidd is an instant top 5 tv match of the year for me, that's actually 2 that Kidd has along with his match against Mysterio on Superstars back in March.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Yeah I really loved this weeks episode of Superstars. Don't know why Trent had to job to Tyler 'Pissed off Tarzan' Reks anyway, no one gives tow shits about him. The Harts also had a nice encounter in which the crowd seemed to really be into it. Great match and hope they have great futures ahead of them.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Hawkins will be big in the next few years hopefully. I'd love to see him and Trent have a feud like MVP & Hardy did in 2007, where they constantly try and outdo each other

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Wow I loved that Kidd/DH Smith match ..I really hope both wrestlers can have a long career in the future because I dont wanna see neither go

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Did noone else laugh out loud at hearing Darren YOung's theme DIRECTLY after Tyler Reks's? Haha, the things you notice while high.

also...wtf vest and ew normal hair. Punk marks for Regal so hard, it's adorable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts