Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Devil's Blood
3,420 Posts
I do. They didn't build her as this unstoppable monster only to lose the title after 2 or 3 months. Also, most of the big name competition is gone now. I certainly don't want to hear this "best women's division in the world" nonsense anymore without Io and Rhea.

Who could dethrone Raquel? You have Ember & Shotzi, but they're the tag champions right now. I don't know anything about the new Japanese girl but she's not winning the title that soon. Zoey Stark just got her first real win so it's gonna be a while before they build her as a serious contender. Looks to me like Raquel is going to destroy everyone in the division for a while.
Gonzales isn't horrible but as a mic promo and charisma person I don't see it unless they stick her with Dakota Kai longer but even that pair up has gotten stale.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Gonzales isn't horrible but as a mic promo and charisma person I don't se it unless they stick her with Dakota Kai longer.
But Triple H doesn't care about that. When Raquel eventually moves on to Raw/SD in a couple of years those weaknesses may hold her back, but not in NXT.

·
25,857 Posts
But Triple H doesn't care about that. When Raquel eventually moves on to Raw/SD in a couple of years those weaknesses may hold her back, but not in NXT.
Yes, that's what I was mentioning earlier which is likely the reason why they aren't very high on Toni, NXT is very ring work centric and as much as I like Toni she is not quite up there in that regard nor has something that clearly stands out like athleticism or power. She is not bad by any means but I can see why they could be underwhelmed with her ring work and that is why they are not giving her a strong push.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,678 Posts
Let's not overanalyze and write essays over 1 meaningless loss (via a fluke rollup too)?

Toni Storm will be fine. She looks like a star, and she's a great wrestler too.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Yeah. They had her beat Io, who’s beaten everyone else including Toni, completely clean after taking all of Io’s big moves.

I doubt Raquel is dropping that belt anytime soon.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts