Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Devil's Blood
3,439 Posts
I do. They didn't build her as this unstoppable monster only to lose the title after 2 or 3 months. Also, most of the big name competition is gone now. I certainly don't want to hear this "best women's division in the world" nonsense anymore without Io and Rhea.

Who could dethrone Raquel? You have Ember & Shotzi, but they're the tag champions right now. I don't know anything about the new Japanese girl but she's not winning the title that soon. Zoey Stark just got her first real win so it's gonna be a while before they build her as a serious contender. Looks to me like Raquel is going to destroy everyone in the division for a while.
Gonzales isn't horrible but as a mic promo and charisma person I don't see it unless they stick her with Dakota Kai longer but even that pair up has gotten stale.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Gonzales isn't horrible but as a mic promo and charisma person I don't se it unless they stick her with Dakota Kai longer.
But Triple H doesn't care about that. When Raquel eventually moves on to Raw/SD in a couple of years those weaknesses may hold her back, but not in NXT.

·
25,857 Posts
But Triple H doesn't care about that. When Raquel eventually moves on to Raw/SD in a couple of years those weaknesses may hold her back, but not in NXT.
Yes, that's what I was mentioning earlier which is likely the reason why they aren't very high on Toni, NXT is very ring work centric and as much as I like Toni she is not quite up there in that regard nor has something that clearly stands out like athleticism or power. She is not bad by any means but I can see why they could be underwhelmed with her ring work and that is why they are not giving her a strong push.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,974 Posts
Let's not overanalyze and write essays over 1 meaningless loss (via a fluke rollup too)?

Toni Storm will be fine. She looks like a star, and she's a great wrestler too.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Yeah. They had her beat Io, who’s beaten everyone else including Toni, completely clean after taking all of Io’s big moves.

I doubt Raquel is dropping that belt anytime soon.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,766 Posts
Wow Toni has truly fallen off....

Triple H liked her enough to have her win the Mae Young Classic and the UK women's title what happened?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Wow Toni has truly fallen off....

Triple H liked her enough to have her win the Mae Young Classic and the UK women's title what happened?
The only way any of this makes sense to me is if her contract is up and she wants to leave. Punishing her for that and making her look like shit by losing to nobodies is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. This is crazy.

... and people tell me that NXT knows how to use their female talent better than the main roster. 😂

·
Devil's Blood
3,439 Posts
I'm sure it's part of a big bully gets her comeuppance storyline of her trying to pick on lesser talent and rookies. Fine for a gimmick I guess but I'm not a fan of how she's being used.

Gargano lost to Ruff a few months ago so it happens to everyone.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
I'm sure it's part of a big bully gets her comeuppance storyline of her trying to pick on lesser talent and rookies. Fine for a gimmick I guess but I'm not a fan of how she's being used.
How is Toni getting her comeuppance, though? In order for that to happen she would have had to beat some people first. This "storyline" started by her losing a match to Zoey on the Takeover pre-show with no buildup whatsoever and now she just lost to another rookie. That little shot she got in last week was so meaningless that WWE didn't even include it in the match segment on YouTube.

Gargano lost to Ruff a few months ago so it happens to everyone.
Gargano took that L after winning every single title in NXT and being a main event player for years. Toni hasn't even gotten started yet in NXT and she's already putting over nobodies left and right.

After that loss at Takeover I was convinced she was moving on to the main roster, but since they continued that storyline and she keeps taking Ls I don't see it anymore.

·
Devil's Blood
3,439 Posts
How is Toni getting her comeuppance, though? In order for that to happen she would have had to beat some people first. This "storyline" started by her losing a match to Zoey on the Takeover pre-show with no buildup whatsoever and now she just lost to another rookie. That little shot she got in last week was so meaningless that WWE didn't even include it in the match segment on YouTube.

Gargano took that L after winning every single title in NXT and being a main event player for years. Toni hasn't even gotten started yet in NXT and she's already putting over nobodies left and right.
She bullied in the promo and basically won the match but since she wanted to punish the rookie even more tonight it cost her the match in a surprise finish for being overly aggressive for no reason when she had won if she did Storm Zero and ended it when she should have. She acted like a tough brute and got put in her place.

Sure, Gargano paid his dues for years but he still lost in a stupid fashion to a nobody rather comedically.

After that loss at Takeover I was convinced she was moving on to the main roster, but since they continued that storyline and she keeps taking Ls I don't see it anymore.
Me either. I don't really get what the point of this and what it would lead to. There will be no payoff for this.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,766 Posts
Punishing her for that and making her look like shit by losing to nobodies is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. This is crazy.
The Zoey loss wasn't as bad as tonight, she at least was protected losing via roll up and it was a takeover not a random TV episode

also Zoey is clearly being prepped for major things by them, this loss however is strange i'm pretty sure it's this chick's first NXT match and she's already beating Toni storm?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Toni has yet to win a single match in 2021.
Her last win was against the current Raw Women's Champion in the main event of NXT. Since then she has lost to Kacy Catanzaro, Jessi Kamea, Zoey Stark and some chick whose name I already forgot tonight. This must be the brilliant NXT booking people keep telling me about.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I gave them the lose to Stark. But this, yeah this was not good. I really feel like they just don’t know what to do with her. They have too many female heels all competing for screentime.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,974 Posts
Jeez, I can't believe there's this much analysis over 1 (random) loss.

Are we really going to do this every time Toni Storm loses?

It'll take a while, but I have no doubt that she'll eventually find herself on top.

The only way any of this makes sense to me is if her contract is up and she wants to leave. Punishing her for that and making her look like shit by losing to nobodies is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with. This is crazy.

... and people tell me that NXT knows how to use their female talent better than the main roster. 😂
Her last win was against the current Raw Women's Champion in the main event of NXT. Since then she has lost to Kacy Catanzaro, Jessi Kamea, Zoey Stark and some chick whose name I already forgot tonight. This must be the brilliant NXT booking people keep telling me about.
Oh, you're THIS offended that wrestling fans prefer NXT over the "precious" main roster that has worse booking? 😂

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Lol I don't even know who that jobber is. But damn Toni looked fine tonight. Sounded good on the mic also. I want a woman with a perfect ass like that. Good god.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts