Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I wonder why WWE is still acting like she doesn't exist.

So odd.
They're still featuring her matches in all these best of NXT UK episodes so you can't really say they're acting like she doesn't exist (and I think that's a pretty good sign that she's not leaving the company). If I had to guess I think they're probably just waiting until they can finally move her over to the US. I saw some people talking about how she could interfere in that title match in 2 weeks, costing Kay Lee Ray the championship so she would be able to challenge for the belt again but I don't think so. If they had any plans for her to continue in NXT UK she would have been featured in some of the commercials. Toni and Walter are the biggest stars on that brand. The only reason to leave a top star out of commercials for the big return is if they're no longer a part of that brand.

Whatever the plan is I just hope they're able to figure something out soon. It has been almost 7 months since her last match.

·
Premium Member
Donna Del Mondo ⭐
3,159 Posts
Toni is way too talented to be stuck in this UK brand.. I know the show is coming back and they need women for the show, but Toni should've been on RAW or Smackdown by now..

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the strategy here. She returns, beats up some jabrone and then disappears from TV again for 2 weeks. Ember is feuding with Dakota, Shotzi and Candice will probably go at it after what happened at Halloween Havoc and Rhea's victory over Raquel Gonzalez puts her in a position to challenge Io for the title. Where does Toni fit in? I hope they didn't bring her back without a plan.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Toni should be the one to take the title from Io eventually. She makes the most sense imo.

Rhea already tried and failed and I’m 95% sure she’s on her NXT farewell tour.

Dakota tried and lost.

Candice tried twice and lost.

Ember hasn’t been built up enough yet.

Raquel isn’t ready for the belt just yet.

Plus Toni just turned heel. She really is the best option at this point.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Toni should be the one to take the title from Io eventually. She makes the most sense imo.

Rhea already tried and failed and I’m 95% sure she’s on her NXT farewell tour.

Dakota tried and lost.

Candice tried twice and lost.

Ember hasn’t been built up enough yet.

Raquel isn’t ready for the belt just yet.

Plus Toni just turned heel. She really is the best option at this point.

I totally agree, but if she's getting the shot at New Year's Evil I don't like her chances. When Io eventually loses the belt it's gonna happen at a Takeover and it will be a huge deal.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I’m pretty sure It’ll be Io vs. Raquel at New Year’s Evil.
I'm leaning towards Io vs. Toni. They already had that brawl last week that ended with Io hitting the moonsault. Last night Toni beat Rhea in the main event which should make her the #1 contender.

Raquel will be busy with Rhea for a few weeks, and even though Rhea will be on the main roster soon I don't think they want her losing all the time on the way out. In the last 4 weeks she has taken Ls to Io, Toni and even in the War Games match she was on the losing side. If she has to put Raquel over, too, we're getting back to that point she was at earlier this year.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Interesting. Toni's first main event in NXT and they did the biggest viewership for a regular NXT episode (going head to head with AEW) in many months. 130K viewers more than the episode featuring the big Io vs Rhea title match. The only show that did bigger numbers recently was Halloween Havoc, but that was a huge special event, basically a free Takeover. #ToniTime = ratings.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts