Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously this guy is the worst thing ever to happen to TNA. He spent his entire pre-TNA career being the biggest jobber the industry has ever seen but he comes into TNA and Dixie gives him his own PPV and is letting him bury Fortune single handidly. It's fucking rediculous.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Well to be fair, Dreamer has always gotten pushes in old ECW related angles. For example WWE brought him back in 05 to main event ECW One Night Stand, after basically doing very little in 03-04. Then brought in 06 with Funk to feud with Foley and Edge. Then stuck around on the ECW show for 2-3 years before getting his big push last year as ECW Champion. So we can call Dreamer a jobber or whatever. But in ECW related storyline(which this is), Dreamer has usually been pushed pretty good. Now once this EV 2.0 stuff ends, well then I think we will see Dreamer push die off. Right now for this angle to work though, TNA needs to have the leader of EV 2.0 to look at the level of Fourtune top guys.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Didnt it take every trick in Heyman's book to get this smuck over in ECW? I remember the thing that finally did the job after spending forever trying was when he was handcuffed to the cage and took those direct shots to the skull.

The guy can barely talk, has no charisma, and can just barely wrestle properly hardcore. He really sucks. Just stick Foley in his place as the leader if you have to do the angle. Mick is the 2nd best talker ever, has great charisma, and can wrestle really well when needed.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well Now once this EV 2.0 stuff ends, well then I think we will see Dreamer push die off. Right now for this angle to work though, TNA needs to have the leader of EV 2.0 to look at the level of Fourtune top guys.
He needs to be doing backstage work when it's over instead.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
The guy can barely talk, has no charisma, and can just barely wrestle properly hardcore. He really sucks. Just stick Foley in his place as the leader if you have to do the angle. Mick is the 2nd best talker ever, has great charisma, and can wrestle really well when needed.
Well part of the reason Dreamer is the leader, is because Mick is hurt right now(reason for the fake injury set up tonight). So they can't really have Mick do the things Dreamer has done(wrestling wise). Which is why I assume Dreamer has taken over as the leader, and Foley just part of the supporting cast. I will admit it seems odd that a wrestling legend, 4-time World Champion, and one of WWE top draws in the late 90s(not to mention one of TNA top rating draws in 09). Is taking a backseat to a guy who's been a midcard/jobber wrestler outside of the old ECW. But right now thats what TNA has to do.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even if Foley is still hurt why not have Raven as the leader for the time being? He's still one of the best talkers in TNA and why would he take a backseat to a guy he's beat like a trillion times? But it looks like they've taken him off TV altogether.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Even if Foley is still hurt why not have Raven as the leader for the time being? He's still one of the best talkers in TNA and why would he take a backseat to a guy he's beat like a trillion times? But it looks like they've taken him off TV altogether.
Yeah Raven just vanished...again.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Good question, but I don't think Raven is in great wrestling shape either. Plus Dreamer is a fresh face in TNA, and was suppose to bring ECW to TNA. So I can understand why they would wanna use him over Raven or Rhino. I'm not sure if Raven just missed last nights show(he was on last week right?) or is gone for good. I guess we will have to wait and see. But if he is gone for good, there's probably a reason behind it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
They need to drop the ECW angle because they simply don't have the personnel to do it. I mean how fucking stupid do TNA have to be to start an ECW angle when they know they're about to put RVD off TV for months due to contract issues and have Team 3D's contract coming up? Sometimes this company is so stupid I can't even comprehend it. Now Sandman is gone because he no showed and Raven is gone because god knows why. So how many top ECW guys do you have? Dreamer, Sabu, and Foley. That doesn't cut it.

Also even if Foley can't wrestle often, TNA sure don't have any problems letting Hogan/Bischoff hog a shit load of mic time when outside of Hogan's one match neither of them have wrestled in TNA. Dixie too. Might as well let a guy who is actually good on the mic talk, I'm sure he won't say the same old stale bullshit that Hogan spits out every week. I miss Foley as the authority figure. I don't hate Tommy Dreamer, I've always liked him but he shouldn't be in all of these main events.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Fuck Dreamer seriously the guy blows cant wrestle or talk and is so slow in the ring. he and EV2.0 should GTFO of TNA except Raven
The whole EV2.0 storyline shouldn't have gone past the PPV. Besides Rhino and Foley, I don't care about them.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Yeah, Im already sick of Tommy Dreamer, as I predicted I would have been. Along with his ECW cronies. I hope Styles makes him squeal "I Quit" and fade away very quickly. This whole Fourtune/EV2.0 feud has really made Fourtune look like chumps.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
i freaking swear, i gonna throw up if dreamer makes aj styles say i quit, that will be the last straw, and tna will really be dumb for booking something like, the only thing dreamer is good for is putting ppl over and he better do that for dam sure at no surrender.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ok, 1st of all, I gotta say that I can't believe (even after all this time on these boards) how much hated there is for a guy who really doesn't deserve it.

Tommy is by no means a great wrestler, (i'll give you that) but this whole angle needs to be marketed to a mass audience. What isn't understood is that unlike Foley, (who i'm sure more ppl in the IWC would prefer) Tommy is a face that is more likely to draw. Foley's only time to draw was during times were he basically rubbed up against a megastar during a superpush (see: Foley/Rock Foley/Undertaker) and got the splashoff of the hype. Problem is, Foley can't draw, he may go over a but as a heel with his mic work, but when all is said and done, it's just like my g/f said tonight, "Who's the hermit with the hippie hair trying to save the good guys"? (To answer the question i'm sure your asking: Yes she watches wrestling, just not nearly as much as most of you do i'm sure) A comment like that should tell you what the casual fan thinks of Foley.

That being said, do I think Foley is a Legend? The truth is I do think that he deserves to be "The Hardcore Legend" personna that he's been given, because he's just that. The situation with Dreamer is a simple one: "Who do we get to lead our stable who will look like a creditable threat, have a face/personna that the fans can get around, and can we get a guy who wasn't already in TNA to push this stable to a status that doesn't look like a fly-by-night formation of old wrestlers?".

While I'm sure that question wasn't asked verbatim, I still do have to believe that it was the mindset by whoever formed the EV2.0 group. Is this stable horrid to watch? Aside from Sabu's horribly botched table smash a few weeks back, I'd say no.

Honestly, if anyone watched tonight's Impact, (and I hope most of you did cuz it was quite good) I gotta say that I wasn't shocked by his performance, but I have to say that it was better than I expected, especially the incorporation of that Texas Cloverleaf. Let this group come and go as it's already starting to do, seriously, TNA has more personnas that need retooling:
1. Abyss's mic work
2. What the hell to do with Eric Young/Shark Boy/Suicide
3. Making Orlando Jordan and Generation Me look like creditable threats.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ Foley can't draw? lol. Foley made Rock and HHH into stars. And Foley actually did draw alot last year as TNA champ. He drew one of the biggest buyrates in TNA history for Lockdown last year and ratings were at a consistent high during his reign. Dreamer couldn't draw flies on shit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Actually Rock was born a star and got over because he was himself and not some Russo/McMahon creation. As for HHH, all he needed was to get "in with the family" and as soon as he did, we were magically bestowed "The Game" and he's been shoved down fans throats from 2000-this year's Wrestlemania.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
The whole EV2.0 storyline shouldn't have gone past the PPV. Besides Rhino and Foley, I don't care about them.
This shit right damn here. My goodness you just got repped. They got what they wanted now why the fuck would you go and completely shit on it but doing the crap that you're doing. I respect Dreamer as a man and everything but my goodness your time is freakin up. It's been just let it go.

^ Foley can't draw? lol. Foley made Rock and HHH into stars. And Foley actually did draw alot last year as TNA champ. He drew one of the biggest buyrates in TNA history for Lockdown last year and ratings were at a consistent high during his reign. Dreamer couldn't draw flies on shit.
Whoa whoa whoa....you trippin hard right there. Foley made Rock into a star??? The Rock made himself into a star my friend. I don't know where you got that from.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually Rock was born a star and got over because he was himself and not some Russo/McMahon creation. As for HHH, all he needed was to get "in with the family" and as soon as he did, we were magically bestowed "The Game" and he's been shoved down fans throats from 2000-this year's Wrestlemania.
Rock wasn't born a star. The fans wanted him to die. And nobody cared about HHH until his feud with Cactus Jack in early 2000. That feud is what made HHH a star.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've actually lost a shred of respect for Dreamer. Thanks to his involvement with TNA he's now joined the company of all those other 'spotlight-clingers' in the business. The likes of Hogan, Nash and Sting. This EV2.0 angle shouldnt even be happening. It's taking the guys that built the house of TNA, or at least elevated it and reducing them to the role of selfish heels and oppressors.

That's all very well and good being heels, but they're oppressing the guys who are broken down, middle-aged and having little left to offer the business. The crowds are cheering on Fortune whilst the guys, who if actually used in a proper way, could be carrying the torch into the future. Instead they're just gonna end up jobbing at the end of this angle and looking like chumps.

TNA has such a poor lack of vision. Carter is stuck in the past, she's looking to hotshot angles as a way of spiking the ratings by .1 of a point.

All these old guys need to go, and there needs to be a cull in TNA starting from the top.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts