Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything from his frizzy salt and pepper beard, to his scrawny face, to his crooked posture, to his smoker voice, to his tryhard promo style, to his uninspired facial expressions, the guy looks, acts, and carries himself like a senile old man, there's nothing cool, dynamic or badass about this guy, i'm sorry. When you look past his aesthetic, i don't find a guy like Randy Orton cool by any stretch of the imagination, but Tommaso Ciampa is where relatability goes to die, Pro Wrestling is, historically, a show for teenagers, unless you want to go full PG, then Ciampa can be your top heel, in the vein of a Popeye villain maybe.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,597 Posts
Tomasso Ciampa is cool enough to be a top face or a top heel on NXT :ciampa

It also helps that Ciampa is a pretty good talent who can be great in the ring, is charismatic, is over with the fans, and is good on the mic.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
A very average talent, I can't fathom why people like him so much.

But then again people like Oney Lorcan and Cameron Grimes so it seems bland construction worker looking dudes with average talent are in right now.
ONEY rules, man. THROW IT UP

I like Chomper as a crazy Gollum type dude, words better than a certain emoting sack of shit.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Everything from his frizzy salt and pepper beard, to his scrawny face, to his crooked posture, to his smoker voice, to his tryhard promo style, to his uninspired facial expressions, the guy looks, acts, and carries himself like a senile old man, there's nothing cool, dynamic or badass about this guy, i'm sorry. When you look past his aesthetic, i don't find a guy like Randy Orton cool by any stretch of the imagination, but Tommaso Ciampa is where relatability goes to die, Pro Wrestling is, historically, a show for teenagers, unless you want to go full PG, then Ciampa can be your top heel, in the vein of a Popeye villain maybe.
He has a great look. Screams heel though.

As for uncoolest wrestler of all time, Big Dick Johnson has something to say about that! (as does Bastion Booger, The Wall, that one from the headbangers who wanted to fuck his mum)

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,487 Posts
ONEY rules, man. THROW IT UP

I like Chomper as a crazy Gollum type dude, words better than a certain emoting sack of shit.
You shit on Johnny but Ciampa owes his WWE career to him, nobody gave a shit about him in DIY, he was just Johnny's +1 and if Johnny wasn't as loved as he is, Ciampa wouldn't have had the impact he did as a heel.

Now as a face he has to get by on his own merits, he doesn't have any "I betrayed my BFF" heat.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Wrong. The most uncool wrestler of all time is Lacey Evans.

Secondly, why would any proper heel want to be cool? I know this is a foreign concept, but heels are not meant to be cool, heels are meant to be HATED.

Don't take that as a defense for Ciampa. I don't think he's a very good talent on the mic at all, I don't find that he has any kind of an interesting presence, etc. He's a good worker and that's about it, but this notion that heels should be cool is stupid and we need to get past it.

·
Southern Pride
2,956 Posts
Not as cool as Lacey Evans for sure (Y'all STILL mentioning Lacey in random topics. She is still in your heads I see, being that "hated" heel.)

In all seriousness, I wasn't a fan of Ciampa before NXT. I didn't get the hype that he had in ROH or wherever. Just wasn't for me. This DIY/Feuding with Gargano really is what made me like him. Plus his music is awesome.

Overall, Ciampa isn't the "uncoolest" wrestler but I can see why people are not a fan of him. His talking on the mic. isn't exactly amazing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like Tomasso Ciampa. He is in fantastic shape and has the perfect bad-ass and scary look for a heel.

In today's day and age, there are so many more wrestlers more boring than Ciampa, who I don't think is boring at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts