Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I really hated today's WWE crowd from before this, but this was ridiculous.
You have Paul return with his epic walk down the ramp and I thought the crowd were going to MARK OUT like hell!!!!

For crying out loud I was marking out in my damn living room. Sometimes I wonder why people pay to go see a show. The only thing that interests them these days is a goofy Cena promo and a crappy Cena match. I really hate casual's because they really ruin it for us hardcore wrestling fans. They are the reason why WWE can't be edgy. Take last week's angle between Brock and HHH. After the show all these idiots go into full on "it's still real to me dammit" mode and rant on WWE.COM, Facebook, Twitter and their Youtube channel. They go on about how they will stop watching if (Insert Wrester) isn't fired and all this kind of bullshit. Fine then leave the product will be 10x better without you.

I really think casual's should at least try and research a bit about the product before they spend their money on this and make the show boring for everyone.

(Y)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish Raw was in Chicago every week.
Not only Chicago, there are a few other cites that have great crowds.

This is how I would set out a schedule for RAW:

Chicago
New york
Miami
Philadelphia
New Jersey (So New York fans can attend the show)
London, England
Manchester, England
(Another city that has a great crowd - can't think of one now)
(Another city that has a great crowd- can't think of one now)
Chicago
New York
etc........

Also WWE would have to lower their ticket just a bit.

(Y)

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Toronto is usually pretty good. The Bret Hart/Chris Jericho people come out and make it entertaining hehe. Boston was pretty good too the week before MITB

·
Registered
546 Posts
if they really wanted to bring back smarky fans who chant 'asshole' they could do it easily by changing up their programming. That's not what they want. They make plenty of money staying clean, polished, and toning down on the more hardcore aspects, which is just the way our culture is today. An article about the NFL reminded me of the WWE. It's all the stuff we complain about here. They have to tone down the violence and such to keep sponsors and prevent lawsuits.

http://digg.com/newsbar/Sports/nfl_isn_t_in_danger_of_dying_soon_but_you_can_hear_whispers_1

"The NFL is in an extremely difficult spot. In order to keep itself alive, it may have to lower the level of violence dramatically, but it is that level of intense violence that draws many fans. "

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Because its mostly kids that are in the crowd and they dont have a clue who Heyman is, cant blame them he kind of is before their time but yeah its annoying was expecting a big pop

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
Yeah, I was freaking out over Heyman as well but yeah, the crowd was dead. There really is nothing we can do though as people just dont scream anymore. Everytime I go and chant and scream, I get dirty looks from people around me. It dont bother me any but yeah.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
I was disappointed with the crowd reaction to Heyman. I was marking out myself, but the fan reaction live killed the moment. Not that it wasn't great, but Heyman deserved a better reaction.

Chicago
New york
Miami
Philadelphia
London, England
Manchester, England
Chicago
New York
etc........

(Y)
Canada. You can go all over Canada and you'd have a good crowd.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Its not that the crowds are terrible, they're just not who they were in the 90s. Its not the same crowd of 15-25 year olds, its mostly 5-13 year olds and their parents who are too old to even care. They go to it with the same mentality as a little league soccer game.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
There's no reason for the crowd to go crazy over Heyman. Most of them probably didn't know who he was. Just because he's a smark God doesn't make him eternally relevant.

If he's gonna get some great reaction from this new crowd, he has to earn that reaction. Nobody can live off the past forever.

·
Super Moderator
25,861 Posts

Chicago
New york
Miami
Philadelphia
London, England
Manchester, England
Chicago
New York
etc........

(Y)
This would be amazing. Let Raw get those great crowds every week and leave Smackdown and house shows to those shitty casual crowds. Works well too because WWE already adds in crowd noise for Smackdown, so they can just cover up a weak crowd. I also like the idea of doing back-to-back shows in a foreign country.

Canada. You can go all over Canada and you'd have a good crowd.
Anytime they go out of the country, they usually get a good crowd. Because those crowds don't get many chances to see WWE, so obviously they're excited to see the wrestlers.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's no reason for the crowd to go crazy over Heyman. Most of them probably didn't know who he was. Just because he's a smark God doesn't make him eternally relevant.

If he's gonna get some great reaction from this new crowd, he has to earn that reaction. Nobody can live off the past forever.
The thing is, new fans should try and research a bit on the product to understand how the company was run before, who were the top dogs, past favourite wrestlers etc.... and I am sure they will enjoy the product a lot more thus making the people at home enjoy the event more.

·
Registered
345 Posts
the problem is that today's audience consists of little kids who worship cena and little girls. most of them have no idea about the older generation, that's why when they had that smackdown blast from the past show the reception the legends got was very lukewarm. if it would've been back during the attitude era the roof would've been blown off the building.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Casual crowds is one of the big issues with the WWE right now.. not only as a fan having to sit through shows with shit crowds that just don't react, but also for the wrting. You know that some of the non reactions are the reason why the writing is so damn haphazard. What gets a reaction, a strong reaction, in a Chicago or New York gets nothing in Charlotte or Columbia... so there is little doubt that is why things change so quickly.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Times have changed. Wrestling goes in cycles. PG Era came and had to start from scratch and rebuild their fan base, starting with children.

You can't blame today's audience for not knowing Heyman, it wasn't in their generation. That's just how Wrestling is.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,248 Posts
I can't hold kids to a standard that I never was at when I was a kid. I remember when Piper made his debut in WCW to feud with Hogan that I had no idea who he was. I had no reason or desire to go and look back at what had happened because all I cared about was what I was currently watching.

I thought the crowd was decent enough though this week. They cheered the faces and booed the heels. They didn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
I can't hold kids to a standard that I never was at when I was a kid. I remember when Piper made his debut in WCW to feud with Hogan that I had no idea who he was. I had no reason or desire to go and look back at what had happened because all I cared about was what I was currently watching.

I thought the crowd was decent enough though this week. They cheered the faces and booed the heels. They didn't bother me at all.
It would be nice if the crowd actually did that... but they rarely do anything but cheer two guys, boo one or two, then sit on their hands the rest of the time. They aren't there for wrestling, they are there for a few guys and couldn't care less about the rest of the show. That is a horrible crowd.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The crowds do mostly suck now compared to the old days, no doubt. Yet, didn't it make more sense to have Heyman come in here with a non-smark crowd? Otherwise they would have cheered him too much, considering he is playing a heel character. He got a good but not huge reaction at the start, but they quickly moved on to booing Brock through him. Seemed like a letdown he didn't get a bigger reaction, but a logical decision to for-go that none-the-less.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts