1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets just compare the go home Raws:

WM15

WM 31

Let that sink in a little bit. Lets all just let that. sink. in. I don't care what you have to say about the era. I loved it but I was young, I actually really really enjoyed the Ruthless Agression Era. But lets be real. That's the difference.

People that are quick to call the AE trash? well what the hell do you call this era? I think you have it backwards. Sorry once is one of the most epic go home moments before a WrestleMania with a hot hot ass fued.

The other is probably the most forgettable go home moment in memory. Honestly don't know how these two could have been booked to look any worse.

Absolutley brutal and I look forward to the fans shitting on this match. The little pop for Brock and the boos for Reigns has got to have WWE shitting their pants now. If they are smart they wont close the show with it no matter how much they feel they should.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The WM31 segment is superior.

So what? Austin sprayed a bunch of folks with a beer truck? Boring.

Last night's show had the top face and the top heel fighting over the title. That's what wrestling is all about.

Well when you put it that way... I may have to reconsider! I am just glad neither competitor injured themselves with such a dangerous and no doubt careless stunt out there tonight! Such jostling of the belt!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rock and Austin's build to their title match at WM 17 blows that WM 15 out of the beer truck lol.
I just specifically used that one because it was the first that came to mind. However I liked all three of their builds. To me though that was one hell of a moment.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The WM31 segment is superior.

So what? Austin sprayed a bunch of folks with a beer truck? Boring.

Last night's show had the top face and the top heel fighting over the title. That's what wrestling is all about.
Once again, in the words of the magnificent Sandow.. "Thank you, for your irrelevant opinion"

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The Heyman promo was great, as usual, but the sight of Reigns and Lesnar playing Tug of War with the title (and not very convincingly), has got to be one of the lamest ways to end the Raw before WrestleMania ever.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I dont see the connection to the AE. This closing segment was a timeless classic. Time stood still while watching it and it will go down as an all time classic, a classically bad segment. This segment was the perfect denouement to the WOAT Road to Mania. Vintage senile Vince :cole
I can't even! :chlol

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
you actually believe that retarded bullshit your saying?

You deserved to be ridiculed.
Of course I believe it. The Attitude Era was trash tv. It was a niche era that only appealed to the masses because morality was at an all-time low. You had drug addicts eating up the music scene, the POTUS getting blowjobs from his sidepiece in the White House and spoiled teenagers dressing in all black and shooting up their schools.

The current era is a classic wrestling era. It's something that will always have its appeal. Parents don't want their kids watching the Attitude Era, parents will always be happy to let their kids watch people like John Cena and Roman Reigns.

Steve and the beer truck is a cool moment for what it is, but it isn't a moment that will be looked back upon as a classic like the ending to RAW last night.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
It's probably best not to go back and compare today's WWE to what it was before. You'll just end up depressing yourself.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Of course I believe it. The Attitude Era was trash tv. It was a niche era that only appealed to the masses because morality was at an all-time low. You had drug addicts eating up the music scene, the POTUS getting blowjobs from his sidepiece in the White House and spoiled teenagers dressing in all black and shooting up their schools.

The current era is a classic wrestling era. It's something that will always have its appeal. Parents don't want their kids watching the Attitude Era, parents will always be happy to let their kids watch people like John Cena and Roman Reigns.

Steve and the beer truck is a cool moment for what it is, but it isn't a moment that will be looked back upon as a classic like the ending to RAW last night.

Maybe you are a good gimmick heel. Cause you are talking like one. Ill bite.

A Niche product to the MASSES? Hmmmm those two don't work together, lets clear that up, the delusion of the product to its current state of quality is targeted to the PG audience. When you are targeting a PG audience, THAT MY FRIEND IS A NICHE.

That may be the one fact that is responsible for this. You wanna talk trash and classic wrestling... Lets get real.

Classic wrestling was greasy, it was kayfabe bad bad guys and real life tough men in athletic competition where it was a lot more physical and the matches were called in the ring. (Like a comedian who can audible his set to how the crowd is reacting, or a QB who would change the play based on an audible.) There were grudge matches and there was colour (Blood for all the little kiddies on here). Even in the rock and wrestling times there was still tons of this compared to now.

The attitude era was everything that made wrestling crazy turned up about 100 notches. That is what the people wanted. I don't care what mid card trash you want to claim in the era and the skits that were happening, but the top 10 guys in that era will never be surpassed by anyone in anyway in this era. There are cringe segments and there has been for decades, that's the risk you take and you react accordingly. But ratings and buy rates don't lie. The industry was hot as hell and people loved what they saw.

This era has none of any of the elements of either times we are talking about. Everything is scripted including promos. There are no bad and good guys, only bland cockiness and superman morals. There is no colour or proper grudge matches or anything. That is why wrestling isn't exciting and everyone complains because THIS IS NOT WRESTLING what we are watching now, we are watching a wrestling company try and become a kid soap opera / comic book show.

I don't know about you my friend but I grew up and was a kid through the whole 90s and I watched it all. As a matter of fact the biggest things I took from that era was all of Austin and rocks promos and how to talk and even to this day I can sell hard for my business and the teams I coach I can give proper speeches and the like. I loved all that stuff, it showed me both sides for the spectrum, if your raised right you will know to find yourself in the middle of being a good person regardless. So the parents don't want their kids to see that? well take it from me, every generation of kids are getting very very soft I see if every season.

That mode of parenting destroys a kids from learning on their own and actually a lot of the stuff WWE does today is the same way. Good doesn't always triumph. Point being is I don't know if I would want my kid to watch WRESTLING TODAY, I would almost show them the good oldies from the last 40 years.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
There is no possible way of defending the build to this year's WrestleMania. And especially the piss poor go home Raw leading up to it. It was absolute garbage. Hell even Vince Russo thinks so.

To the people still defending it, you are either delusional or just arguing for the sake of arguing, period.

Reactions: STP

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
This year's Go Home Final Segment was less mature then my two year old nephew.

Reactions: STP
1 - 20 of 32 Posts