Wrestling Forum banner

To rise to that legendary status, must a wrestler ultimately feud with Vince Mcmahon

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  Wrestling02370 
#1 ·
Hogan, Austin, Rock, HHH, Fair, Cena, Orton, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, the list goes on and on...

But to get to that certain legendary status, do you inevitably end up feuding with Mr. Mcmahon?? I mean i know there are legends that haven't feuded with him but most of all the potential GOATS have coincidentally have.

What do you think about this subject and do you think Mr. Mcmahon is the ultimate put over?

#2 ·
Re: To rise to that legendary status, must a wrestler ultimately feud with Vince Mcma

Yeah, i've noticed that too. With the exception of Bobby Lashley, pretty much everyone who feuded with Vince McMahon went on to better things. When Vince is gone, Triple H will probably take up that spot.

#11 ·
Re: To rise to that legendary status, must a wrestler ultimately feud with Vince Mcma

hogan was a legend way before he started feuding with vince.
RIGHT

bret hart and ric flair were people who never feuded with vince when they were active wrestlers.except dx and austin,most of their careers would havent changed much
WRONG

Bret and Flair both feuded with Vince as active wrestlers. Bret just didn't fight him until 2010 and Flair was old as hell even if active.

I would actually argue that no to feud with Vince doesn't have to happen to be a legend. Austin is just about the only one that absolutely used the Vince angle to become a legend. Bret sort of did too just not intentionally but he was already going to be a legend as did and was HBK.

The Vince thing is a mirage because Hogan didn't put Bret over, didn't put Shawn over, didn't put Austin over and skipped to too late to put Rock over. So they all sort of had Vince to feud with instead, but really it was completely random.

#6 ·

Cena never really had a feud with Vince McMahon. He was a supporting player to Vince's programs with HBK and Bret, but never had an extended program like the likes of Hogan, Austin, Rock, etc. have.

#7 ·

Hogan was a legend long before feuding with Vince. As was Flair. Cena is a legend and still hasn't had a real feud with Vince. Same with HBK and Bret Hart.

#8 · (Edited)

I think what the OP's saying is that of the list that feuded with him most were/are legends/big names. The others may not have feuded directly but they were on opposite sided/at odds with each other at times. Basically only the major players get the major storylines/problems with the most major character/guy.

#9 ·

I think what the OP's saying is that of the list that feuded with him most were/are legends/big names. The others may not have feuded directly but they were on opposite sided/at odds with each other at times. Basically only the major players get the major storylines/problems with the most major character/guy.
precisely.

#13 ·

Im glad CM Punk had a VInce feud whilst Vince is still active on screen.

#14 ·

John Cena is a legend, has he feuded with Vince?

#15 ·

No. There's been plenty of guys that achieved legendary status without feauding with McMahon and there obviously will be. You can make weird connections like that, but they don't mean anything.

#18 ·

It's simply because McMahon is the best damn heel in the history of the WWE. He can make any face over as fuck.

Although does anyone else think that ever since losing his trademark hair that he just doesn't have that look anymore? Something's just missing without that lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.