Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of the established Headliners did/do (with that task currently being undertaken by Sheamus) you want to pull him up to the Main Event. Originally I wanted Jericho because I was dubious about a massive big guy doing so, but Sheamus has been doing excellently.

Cue the whinging about Sheamus being buried.

Unlike most of us, I want him to stay face because the high-flying style is better suited to it (saying that, I wish they'd at least try to turn Mysterio heel). On top of that, what's the chances of someone like HHH or Cena putting someone over?

·
Registered
572 Posts
It would be a Morrisson Miz fued for me, loved them as a tag team, and would love to see them feud over the title.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I would go with either CM Punk or Chris Jericho. Both are big heels and both are two of the best all around performers in the WWE, they both get great heat and know how to carry a feud. Both he can have fantastic matches with, and both can give him a hand in the mic department, and if not...they can carry the bulk of the mic work.

I think a long feud with either guy would do wonderful things for Morrison and could be the thing to help him break the glass ceiling. Kudos to Sheamus though, I was dubious about it at first but he's done his best to make Morrisn look like a complete star.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Lets say Morrison wins the MITB at Wrestlemania. Cena will most likely beat Miz for the title. I doubt we'd see him cash it in on Cena. Maybe he goes to Smackdown and cashes it in against Del Rio? That's if Del Rio beats Edge at Wrestlemania though but judging by how the WWE is pushing this guy its not farfetched.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah Sheamus is awesome, major props to him, he's one of the reasons Morrison's popularity increased over these past few months. And the best part is, he's fairly new in the main event, that speaks volume how great he is at helping others.

Actually i'd like to see Miz elevating Morrison, it's official now that WWE wants Miz to become their major player so once Miz gets established by defeating Cena at WM (in his typical cheating fashion) he should feud with (possibly) MITB winner, Morrison. It will be epic if Morrison cashes in his MITB briefcase on Miz in the same night he wins the briefcase at WM, lol.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Punk himself needs to be established before he starts putting anyone over.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah, Miz can go hang. I have high hopes for a massive Morrison/Sheamus rivalry in the main event stakes. If they both have to switch to SD so Cena, Orton and HHH don't get in the way, so be it. Their matches are incredible and this should be the youth movement's Cena/Edge

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
Jericho did a great job with Morrison before leaving, put him over something like 2-3 times in a row and he marked about his spot at the RR on twiter " incredible! An all-time Rumble highlight "

Sadly the "feud " didn't last long but Jericho get him back on track when he was lost in the shuffle

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Ya'll seriously need to get over it. No one is pulling Morrison up to the main event. He's boring as fuck and the only thing he has going for him is that "parkour" shit. "Parkour" is a youtube "sport." He belongs on youtube not national television.

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,560 Posts
I remember reading an internet report last here that said Triple H wanted to work with Morrison because of all the HBK comparisons etc, personally I think a guy like Triple H would make for the perfect feud for Morrison. I fully believe Morrison can have **** + quality matches with just about anyone on the roster, so I'm not worried, but if/when I believe he wins MITB, I believe he should cash in his briefcase in a much similar way RVD did it and I think Triple H would be the perfect guy to face. I really don't want Morrison going back to Smackdown because the only real guys he could face would be Edge, ADR, Barrett and eventually Taker. RAW suits him better to be honest.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone's boring to someone. But at least on here, enough people want him in the main event, along with the boss' daughter and seemingly the first undisputed champion.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Isn't HHH famed for politicking? Or is JoMo one of his boys?

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Honestly, I want him to spoil HBK's Hall of Fame induction. Perhaps when HBK is done with his speech. He stands while everyone claps for his speech. HBK tips his hat, and as soon as he turns to walk off the assumed podium, wham! Morrison hits Michaels with the Sweetest Chin Music of all time sending his old ass to the carpet out cold.

Morrison goes on to win the MITB after he gets help from Andrew Jackson his new friend who costs several stars the match with his devastating power. He'll dwarf everyone there, and I think it would be a great rebound as well. Wrestlemania is still some time away, and I think the best part of Jackson is that he wasn't around long to be remembered.

For his actions at HBK's induction speech, the WWE's new bad boy would be fired from RAW by the mystery GM who could end up being anyone at this point. Morrison moves on to the Smackdown brand, and takes his MITB with him. From there at this point I would expect one of the top "faces" perhaps Rey Mysterio will put him over. Those two would have an amazing set of matches. Rey is a very big name still, and I think Morrison needs a star like Rey to put him over. He is smaller than Morrison, and he is also Mexican. Morrison as a heel would just rip Rey on the mic, and it would be hysterical.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Has a HoF induction ever been spoiled? Also, he doesn't need someone worse on the mic. Being better by comparison and better in actual terms are grossly different. Also, he'd never be able to turn face for the duration of his career.

ED: Although, if someone else spoils it, probably ADR, then after winning the title at WM, afterwards he beats HHH, then HHH grooms JoMo to take him down, his reputation as a face is sealed for defending Shawn Michaels' honour. But still a bit unlikely

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
Morrison has been doing well in his fued with Sheamus, his stock is getting bigger as the weeks pass, working with the game would do him well, but a face v face wouldn't work so he would have to turn heel, he was a great heel in the past so it should be no problem for him.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Face v Face works. It's heel v heel doesn't.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,496 Posts
Ya'll seriously need to get over it. No one is pulling Morrison up to the main event. He's boring as fuck and the only thing he has going for him is that "parkour" shit. "Parkour" is a youtube "sport." He belongs on youtube not national television.
oh please just shut up.... you bashing Morrison for years " he got no gimmick" " he a spot monkey" " he got no reaction" blablabla.

you can't stand him, ok cool so stay away from all the Thread about him cause you boring

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
When I think about what type of character(s) Hennigan has played I feel like we haven't truly heard his potential as a full fledged upper card heel. His work on the Dirt Sheet was a small glimpse of what this man is capable of with the mic in his hand.

The same way HBK played the role of "asshole" for most male men between the ages of 15-25 I feel as though Hennigan has a bit of that same rub about himself. We just haven't seen, or heard the full Monty just yet. He can pull it off almost naturally I think, and of course with a bit of wrestling to it.

Morrison needs to separate himself from the rest, and pioneer a gimmick of his own similar to how HBK did for himself when he went singles. I feel as though Morrison hasn't jumped out of his tag team shell. Much of it has to do with his attire, as I swear he has been wearing that since his MNM days. Change the look, the song, and the attitude then I'm sold. Stick with the Shaman of Sexy, and some other catchy name.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts