Wrestling Forum banner

To all you people clamoring for Cena to return to his rapper gimmick

2604 Views 19 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Macho Madness
"oh man cena needs to go back to his rapper gimmick he was soo coool and funny and fresh"

"this character is so stale rappper gimmick rapper gimmick rapper gimmick"

Yeah, he was entertaining when he still rapped. But it was the best thing to do to have him stop. One, because you can't have your top superstar be a rapping, immature, bling wearing fool. It's hard to take that kind of person seriously, let's be honest here. Two, because it would have gotten terribly stale by now. You complain his gimmick now is stale, if he stayed a rapper I'm sure it would have been 5 times as boring and annoying.

What Cena NEEDS to do, is be able to let loose a lot more. Time and time again, when you can tell he's being 100% himself, he is 100% more entertaining. Just let him rip into people without making dumb poop jokes. We all know he can do it. Let him go out there and remove some of the restrictions he has, and he won't be "Stale" any longer.

But dear God, do NOT make him the "Doctor of Thuganomics" again.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,071 Posts
What they need to do with Cena is have him sell more moves and injuries. I can't stand this SUPER CENA shit. He'll get a major beatdown then get up 10 seconds later. so friggin stupid. He truly is the king of the no sell. o yeah and have him job to guys that need pushes like Daniel Bryan. He says he is a fan of him. why not put him over then? Jericho is the best at putting guys over. He knows the business and what it needs.

· Banned
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What they need to do with Cena is have him sell more moves and injuries. I can't stand this SUPER CENA shit. He'll get a major beatdown then get up 10 seconds later. so friggin stupid. He truly is the king of the no sell. o yeah and have him job to guys that need pushes like Daniel Bryan. He says he is a fan of him. why not put him over then? Jericho is the best at putting guys over. He knows the business and what it needs.
yes, because cena controls who he faces and who he has a storyline with.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
He is given some horrible, childish, cringe-inducing material sometimes. Cena is a Company Man's Company Man. He's not going to go berserk and ruin the company. He's been a super-responsible top babyface forever. He needs less, if any, constraints on his promos. If he's going to be scripted, at least give the guy a line veto power, where he can be "I'm a grown man in my 30s and you want me to say poopy? GTFO, I'm not saying that."

· Registered
7,589 Posts
I really hope that you are not trying to say that Chris Jericho knows what is best for business so has been putting people over as if he chose to do so whilst John Cena no sells and refuses to put people over because he doesn't want to because unless you still believe wrestling to be real you would know that Vince McMahon and WWE creative/booking are the one's that decides who win's and lose's. John Cena may very well be a big fan of Bryan Danielson but if Vince McMahon doesn't want John Cena to lose a match to him then he won't but that is down to Vince McMahon and not down to John Cena.

As for people who STILL complain about the whole super Cena thing this isn't 2005-2006 anymore and that is so old, obviously no one watches Randy Orton, Triple H, The Undertaker or even Santino Marella in their matches because they sell as much as John Cena does but because it is John Cena it is easy to slate him. I am pretty certain that last year John Cena lost more matches than Randy Orton did and was certainly involved in less WWE title matches as well but because Randy Orton is allowed to have more edge to his character than John Cena is it is all good for Randy Orton.

All that is needed for John Cena is to put more edge into his character and allow him to work a promo unscripted because it is those restrictions that make people hate on him despite the fact it is absolutely nothing to do with him. The Rock come's back and is allowed to cut a completely unscripted promo and swear but John Cena has to say sorry for saying ass and then Randy Orton or Triple H are allowed to be a badass edgy style face but John Cena has to remain the same and act as a true role model to the children so that Vince McMahon can make more money from his merchandise sales.

· Ichi Bakayaro
8,878 Posts
I really hope that you are not trying to say that Chris Jericho knows what is best for business so has been putting people over as if he chose to do so whilst John Cena no sells and refuses to put people over because he doesn't want to because unless you still believe wrestling to be real you would know that Vince McMahon and WWE creative/booking are the one's that decides who win's and lose's.
Woah, longest sentence ever :lmao

· Registered
47 Posts
What they need to do with Cena is have him sell more moves and injuries. I can't stand this SUPER CENA shit. He'll get a major beatdown then get up 10 seconds later. so friggin stupid. He truly is the king of the no sell.
This

Did you see at the end of EC, he looks into the nearest camera, throws a "you cant see me", and smiles like he's just turned up to do a kids store opening! Seriously man, you've just been in the "2 miles of chain, all steel structure match of helacious doom" and you're looking and acting like you've just walked down the ramp after a good nights sleep and a massage! Absolutely insulting no sell!

THIS is why I hate Cena!

· Registered
208 Posts
I think it could be good if used in moderation, which is what WWE seems to have the biggest problem with. When they see something work once, they do it again and again and again until people get sick of it. It's all or nothing. It would get annoying real fast if every time he spoke he was rapping, but I think it could be entertaining if it was something he did every now and then.

· Registered
3,646 Posts
whatever cena uses now is like super cartoons

Cena: WELL HOLY ROCK N ROLL CANDY CA MOLLE, IF IT ISN'T SUSIE PATOOSIE FROM CHANNEL 5, I KNOW GUYS IT'S PG 13 BUT THAT OUTFIT IS POOPSTER POOPIE WOOPIE, AND I WILL FIGHT YOU WITH EVERY OUNCE OF CHEERING ENERGY I GOT!

· Registered
109 Posts
Maybe he'll rap tonight

His twitter

“CeNation. Handled business last night. Tonight I will see what we do about the rock. If he wants some…come get some.”

“This could be very interesting.”

“Ps..grabbed a spare steel chain and lock off the elimination chamber just in case…gotta go now. Big peek a boo tournament b4 raw :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.