Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Bracket was on the paper in front of Schiavone. Anybody identify who they were?

On an aside this is a marketing skit/promo rather than Cody not knowing because he simply could have reached out and looked at the bracket. And he's obviously in the tournament.

Disappointing it's only an 8-man field though. Probably because of Corona travel issues. Basically Cali and NY based talents are out, as is Penta in Mexico and PAC in England.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
As I mentioned in the other tread guessing a television title and tournament I want Darby Allin vs Kenny Omega finals. Allin beats Cody in S-F's, Omega beats Rey Fenix.

My bracket would look something like -

Cody
Trent

Allin
Spears

Omega
Colt Cabana

Fenix
Guevara

I hope there is different rules, and certainly a time limit for this title. Also anybody winning other than Cody is fine by me really. Cody winning makes this seem like a title Cody had announced because he can't win the World Title.

MJF, Jericho, Hager could not participate as they're focused on Moxley. Hangman pases because he's focused on his tag titles.

I put the title on Omega first. Allin gets his first big win in beating Cody in semi's.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I mentioned in the other tread guessing a television title and tournament I want Darby Allin vs Kenny Omega finals. Allin beats Cody in S-F's, Omega beats Rey Fenix.

My bracket would look something like -

Cody
Trent

Allin
Spears

Omega
Colt Cabana

Fenix
Guevara

I hope there is different rules, and certainly a time limit for this title. Also anybody winning other than Cody is fine by me really. Cody winning makes this seem like a title Cody had announced because he can't win the World Title.

MJF, Jericho, Hager could not participate as they're focused on Moxley. Hangman pases because he's focused on his tag titles.

I put the title on Omega first. Allin gets his first big win in beating Cody in semi's.
No Pac?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
He's in England as of last reports. Death Triangle on hiatus because of it and Penta in Mexico. Fenix stayed in the States so would be available unless he's in Cali.

If PAC was available I'd put the title on him first.

I wouldn't put in Archer or Brodie Lee as they shouldn't lose so soon in their debuts. Could use rankings to kayfabe explain why they're not part of it at this time.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I think this title will go on someone like Cody, Archer, Brodie Lee, Hager, Matt Hardy or MJF type(Pac as well but he's gonna be stuck in UK for a while). They won't want it to feel like a midcard title. So I dont think they will put it on a guy who loses a lot of matches still like Darby or Sammy to start off. They will put it on strongly booked guy and try to evaluate talent with it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's in England as of last reports. Death Triangle on hiatus because of it and Penta in Mexico. Fenix stayed in the States so would be available unless he's in Cali.

If PAC was available I'd put the title on him first.
Oh right, I forgot about that. I'm just personally of the mindset that putting a new championship on a heel first is the way to go, that way you can have that great chase featuring an up and coming babyface where he ultimately wins the title and its a big deal.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Oh right, I forgot about that. I'm just personally of the mindset that putting a new championship on a heel first is the way to go, that way you can have that great chase featuring an up and coming babyface where he ultimately wins the title and its a big deal.
Sammy Guevara is probably the upper card heel that could make it work. MJF as well, but he seems to be set on Moxley and Hager/Jericho focused on Moxley now as well. My concern with putting it on Guevara is it might make it seen as a midcard title and my hopes are it's treated as near equal to the World Title.

PAC would have been ideal and it would go along way to establishing Death Triangle as a faction. LB could vie for the tags, but in the same vein as putting the TNT Title on PAC, I'd get the tag titles on Uno/Grayson to help establish the Brodie led Dark Order as a force as well.

·
Registered
8,928 Posts
If the belt is just to represent the network called TNT then its stupid to to restricted to its show. Because defending a belt with your tv station at other events seem stupid.

Now if the name is more to represent the term TNT as in Dynamite i could get behind it. Cus technically the term tnt is fitting for a competitive defenders style belt. Lets hope to god it doesnt have the networks logo on it as thats cheesy.

TNT is defined as an abbreviation for the explosive trinitrotoluene. An example of TNT is the compound used in dynamite.

a high explosive formed from toluene by substitution of nitro groups for three hydrogen atoms. It is relatively insensitive to shock and can be conveniently melted.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
If the belt is just to represent the network called TNT then its stupid to to restricted to its show. Because defending a belt with your tv station at other events seem stupid.

Now if the name is more to represent the term TNT as in Dynamite i could get behind it. Cus technically the term tnt is fitting for a competitive defenders style belt. Lets hope to god it doesnt have the networks logo on it as thats cheesy.

TNT is defined as an abbreviation for the explosive trinitrotoluene. An example of TNT is the compound used in dynamite.

a high explosive formed from toluene by substitution of nitro groups for three hydrogen atoms. It is relatively insensitive to shock and can be conveniently melted.
I think it's just a branded Television Title. And as such I wouldn't think it would be defended on PPV's.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

First champion is suppose to be crowned at Double or Nothing. So it will be on PPVs. It's just new way of calling it TV title. Since AEW going to have second show on TNT at some point. I'm sure this belt will be defended both shows and ppvs.

1 - 20 of 235 Posts