Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From 411mania:
F4WOnline.com reports that Jeff Hardy is "by leaps and bounds" the #1 merchandise seller in TNA right now.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Aww, that's to be expected. I was hoping for Aries or something.

But yeah, clearly this is the number one reason they need to keep Jeff, the guy has a ridiculous following.

·
Registered
11,725 Posts
When TNA used to post it's top seller list, Hardy used to have 3-4 of the top 9(since it was never top 10) merchandise on a weekly basis. He is TNA biggest star, even bigger than Hogan right now for the current wrestling fan. I think Hardy vs. Roode might end up BFG main event if Hardy keeps up the good behavior.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Not surprising at all. I'd love to see how guys like RVD match up to the origianls though. I genuinely think there won't be that big a disparity.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
OMG this is the biggest shock everz!!!!!!

Seriously, does this surprise anyone? He was so over at one point that he could've replaced Cena as the face of WWE. Too bad TNA doesn't have the marketing muscle to use that to their advantage.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
OMG this is the biggest shock everz!!!!!!

Seriously, does this surprise anyone? He was so over at one point that he could've replaced Cena as the face of WWE. Too bad TNA doesn't have the marketing muscle to use that to their advantage.
Replace that with 'financial power' and you're spot on.

TNA cant market like WWE can because of the massive costs involved in doing so.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Yeah Jeff is a very good draw. Remember when he came to TNA he was just coming off of being the top merchandise seller in WWE as well at one point with his armbands. He was hugely popular. Its too bad they can't push him as the primary face of the company because of his lack of responsibility otherwise they can take full advantage of his draw power.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
He doesn't need the world title, his merchandise will sale no matter what.
So keep making new stars and keep hardy face.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
My last TNA house show that I went to literally half the crowd had Hardy shirts on so yeah, this doesn't surprise me either.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think his recovery thing has helped his popularity rather than hurt it. You'd expect people to dislike him after VR 2011, but people love to cheer for the cleaned up rehabilated guy, myself included.

As long as he's fully cleaned up his act, i'm fine with him feuding for the title

·
Registered
299 Posts
What is it people like about him? I'm not a huge fan of his but he has a big following not matter what. I wouldn't mind seeing Hardy/Aries though.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
So what exactly is Hogan good for again?

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Water is also wet. Companies will always overlook his shortcomings as long as he keeps putting money in their pockets.

Side note: He has to quit it with the makeup. My splooge-O-meter this year is at an all time low for all of my faves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts