Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the tight budgets, people getting laid off and all the bad news of TNA lately has me to think that TNA having a smaller roster (while some may laugh at it) is a blessing in disguise? Personally my beef or one of my beefs with TNA was that they had spent a lot on too many talents and many of them weren't being used.

Now with the limited roster they currently have, i feel they can focus on those certain talents and build their company around those few. And then every once in a while when a new guy like ETHAN debuts.it's a bigger deal to showcase a new guy into a company that isn't fully stacked with talent. Plus with a smaller roster we can get to familiarize ourselves better with the characters of TNA. Character development should be a plus now that there is less talent on the TNA roster.

Anyone agree...disagree? (Y)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
but there are still wrestlers who arent being used even with this small roster. i cant understand for the life of me why king, ion, jay bradley are rarely used and in ion case i know he was injured but hes been healthy for a while now.

·
Registered
603 Posts
but there are still wrestlers who arent being used even with this small roster. i cant understand for the life of me why king, ion, jay bradley are rarely used and in ion case i know he was injured but hes been healthy for a while now.
I think bradley , rob terry , ion ,kenny king , will appear after BFG
and also the fresh talent probably will appear after BFG

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
its only a blessing if there is a lack of title belts to make the roster more focussed

but tna has only 34 male wrestlers to fill up 3 or 4 divisions for 4 belts(5 if you count the tv title)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Because they only have one two hour show a week and storylines need to progress.

TNA's roster before the cuts was large; now it's more towards the right size needed for them. Once current storylines are over some people can work house shows while guys like Ion and Bradley can do the TV shows.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Because they only have one two hour show a week and storylines need to progress.

TNA's roster before the cuts was large; now it's more towards the right size needed for them. .
dude its only the right size if they can evenly spread them out for each title division so that way it looks like a division and looks like there actually is somewhat of a hierarchy

I don't know about you but having a match where the entire division can get lobbed into willy-nilly just makes the whole thing look deflated and small time

·
Registered
851 Posts
dude its only the right size if they can evenly spread them out for each title division so that way it looks like a division and looks like there actually is somewhat of a hierarchy

I don't know about you but having a match where the entire division can get lobbed into willy-nilly just makes the whole thing look deflated and small time
I agree with your last point. But I think you're overlooking something rather simple.

Right now TNA can have guys who work TV then work house shows and then swap them around to keep the TV product fresh after a while.

If their roster was smaller to the point in which every member of the roster was used every show then it would get repetitive eventually.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
It's really funny to think TNA's roster was 'far to big' not a year ago.
I personally think 30-35 wrestlers for a 2 hour show is more than enough, I honestly think you could half that and still have a damn entertaining show for 6-12 months before things start getting samey and repetitive.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
It's just too top heavy with no middle. Two credible tag teams is all they need because they have two comedy teams and the team of Mexicans no one cares about. Bad Influence is the only legit team. Gunner and Storm get almost no tv time.

Scrap the TV title or unify it with the X-title.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
It's really funny to think TNA's roster was 'far to big' not a year ago.
I personally think 30-35 wrestlers for a 2 hour show is more than enough, I honestly think you could half that and still have a damn entertaining show for 6-12 months before things start getting samey and repetitive.
It's already sort of getting repetitive though. If AJ wins the belt look at the options

AJ/Roode? Seen it. AJ/Aries? Seen it. AJ/Daniels? Seen it. AJ/Joe? Seen it. AJ/Sting? Seen it. AJ/Angle? Seen it. AJ/Hardy? Seen it. AJ/Jarrett? Seen it.

There are no real fresh match ups. 30-35 wrestlers is fine if you're a new company and everything is fresh but everything is being repeated these days. Nothing is fresh.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Wrestling is about repetition. The writing team job is to write storylines to make people care about the matches. WWE doing a rehash of the HHH-Stephanie era mix with a little Evolution. Its the same stuff.

I have no problem with TNA rehashing the Roode/Storm storyline in the near future because they have history that people care about.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I agree, and have thought this way all along.

With less talent, we get less filler on shows & the segments are more important, and have more important characters in them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts