Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested to know if TNA billing their stars size before matches was legit? I mean I recently compared WWE billings to TNA ones and I simply can't believe that guys like Sheamus are bigger then Rob Terry (both beeing billed at same heigth) and that guys like Kaz are nearly 40 lbs lighter than WWE heavyweights. I know from the past that some guys were billed bigger than they are, but currently it seems like most of their guys are beeing billed with their legit size. It just seems weird that a 6,4 guy with this physique:

is supposedly bigger 8 pounds than a guy with this physique (also 6,4) :

After reading (natural) bodybuilding forums Rob Terry was supposedly legit 6,4 264 pounds but I don't really see why TNA would bill their guys at real size when WWE adds 0,2 and 15-20 pounds size to their guys. I'm pretty sure billing their guys bigger in wrestling would be rather useful when doing direct comparisions. Not that it's a though-provoking thread (apart from maybe for guys like Klebold :p) but I find it weird that TNA guys are beeing billed at real size instead of "a bit more" since it doesn't really help them at all.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,638 Posts
Yes, TNA don't promote their product well in any way. Not even easy things like adding some size onto the introductions. Boggles the mind, but we've come to live with it.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess TNA just want's there show to be more "Reality" based and I'm not a big fan of Rob Terry (And it's quit obvious he uses steroids)
I don't see how using legit weight helps in a wrestling environment.

As for the Rob Terry comment, it is pretty much well known today that he indeed is natural, he was one of the biggest (if not the biggest) natural bodybuilders alive while he competed (and of all time) before he joined TNA. Considering that natural bodybuilders get paid less and that bodybuilders usually don't hide on using steroids, I don't see why Terry would do otherwise. Not to mention after watching pics of him when he was 15 and 200 lbs or so, it sounds pretty much realistic that he just has great genes for that sport. I don't really respect the guy as a wrestler, but as far as workhorse goes, you don't get that big and ripped if you don't put a lot of strain and diets in yourself, especially if you're roids free.
Yes, TNA don't promote their product well in any way. Not even easy things like adding some size onto the introductions. Boggles the mind, but we've come to live with it.
Yeah, I just don't see any use in beeing "real" when it comes to size. You're simply not going to tell me that a 6,1 Kaz is 25 lbs smaller than a typical 6,1 WWE guy when they're about the same size.

·
Registered
894 Posts
quite frankly I don't care about their weight class, in the end of the day It's all a statistic. Yeah, it probably sounds better if you bill Rob Terry 290lbs but TNA are doing there own thing, and the less they are like the WWE the better.

Also, Don't the IWC bitch about how they want TNA to be different from the WWE all the time?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Yeah, I just don't see any use in beeing "real" when it comes to size. You're simply not going to tell me that a 6,1 Kaz is 25 lbs smaller than a typical 6,1 WWE guy when they're about the same size.
Rare for me but I'm actually going to defend TNA on this one, if only because they've dodged a bullet when it comes to consistancy. One glaring example from WWE was in a match between Orton and MVP, Orton's billed 6'4 is pretty legit but MVP's 6'3 is very much exagerated, he's actually 6' and it was very obvious when you saw them in the ring together.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quite frankly I don't care about their weight class, in the end of the day It's all a statistic. Yeah, it probably sounds better if you bill Rob Terry 290lbs but TNA are doing there own thing, and the less they are like the WWE the better.

Also, Don't the IWC bitch about how they want TNA to be different from the WWE all the time?
I simply don't see a reason how this helps TNA at all. WWE has a lot of small guys too but theyre billed at 225 lbs while TNA guys of the same size are billed at 205. So much for the larger than life feeling.

Rare for me but I'm actually going to defend TNA on this one, if only because they've dodged a bullet when it comes to consistancy. One glaring example from WWE was in a match between Orton and MVP, Orton's billed 6'4 is pretty legit but MVP's 6'3 is very much exagerated, he's actually 6' and it was very obvious when you saw them in the ring together.
I agree but the prime example where I noticed is when I watched Terrys introduction on his last Xplosion match. According to bodybuilding websites he's 6'4 264-265 lbs which is HUGE legit but TNA just bills him at that same legit weight/height, especially for a natural bodybuilder but when I see guys looking 20 lbs lighter then him such as Sheamus beeing billed as heavier then him it makes me wonder how much sense that really makes. Half the guys in TNA who would be 225 lbs in WWE are billed as 200 lbs in TNA and I simply don't see any reason for it. I'd rather see guys like AJ and Kaz booked as 225 lbs and Rob Terry booked as 290 lbs instead of their real weight, it just doesn't help them at all imo. According to TNA, Alex Shelley is smaller than Bryan Danielson.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
WWE always overstates their sizes, and TNA doesn't. When did you ever hear nash refer to himself as being 6'10" before TNA, he was always listed at 7' I know RVD was listed at 6'1' by wwe, and I'm barely 5'11" if that, and he is definitely shorter than me.

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
WWE always adds like 40 pounds to their guys.Some guys have talked about not even being 200 pounds and being billed at like 220 or some crap like that. Kind of annoying

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I agree but the prime example where I noticed is when I watched Terrys introduction on his last Xplosion match. According to bodybuilding websites he's 6'4 264-265 lbs which is HUGE legit but TNA just bills him at that same legit weight/height, especially for a natural bodybuilder but when I see guys looking 20 lbs lighter then him such as Sheamus beeing billed as heavier then him it makes me wonder how much sense that really makes. Half the guys in TNA who would be 225 lbs in WWE are billed as 200 lbs in TNA and I simply don't see any reason for it. I'd rather see guys like AJ and Kaz booked as 225 lbs and Rob Terry booked as 290 lbs instead of their real weight, it just doesn't help them at all imo. According to TNA, Alex Shelley is smaller than Bryan Danielson.
But what I'm saying is that WWE are the ones getting it wrong, the Orton/MVP comparison was just one I could've made, my point was that it's better to be honest. I ran into the British Bulldog in 1999 when WWF were touring the UK and, despite his billed height of 5'11, I was taller than him. Despite being well past the mark stage of my life it was very disappointing.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But what I'm saying is that WWE are the ones getting it wrong, the Orton/MVP comparison was just one I could've made, my point was that it's better to be honest. I ran into the British Bulldog in 1999 when WWF were touring the UK and, despite his billed height of 5'11, I was taller than him. Despite being well past the mark stage of my life it was very disappointing.
The problem with this is that WWE wouldn't get anything out of it. If guys were booked as huge before, I don't think they would book them in their real size because it doesn't bring anything for them. It gives them a sort of larger then life then feel I guess. Although at some point I agree, it's either WWE making their guys size legit or TNA making their guys size bigger, the Rob Terry example I made just made the whole ridiculous. I never bothered with it before, but when I saw this guy beeing billed smaller than Wade Barret and Sheamus it gave me some thoughts on Xplosion. I'm pretty sure AJ Styles would be 220 lbs, Wolfe 205 and Rob Terry 290 lbs in a WWE environment.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
LOL at all the people bashing TNA for not lying about their wrestler size. It's so sad to see how far some smarks will go to bitch about something. Also it makes wrestling look even more fake and even more of joke when you lie about shit like this.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've come to live without it.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
How is lying about the size of their wrestlers promoting their product, if anything it makes them look like a joke for little kids like the WWE. I swear I now know why WWE and TNA don't give a fuck about what smarks think. DO you really think this would help ratings in any way at all?

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
I'm not bothered about it to be honest. Is Matt Morgan really 7 foot? I don't care, the same way I don't care that the Undertaker isn't billed at 325 lbs anymore.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
Both have fucked up. i remember a few weeks ago Kaval/Low Ki came out for a match and they said he was 209 pounds. That is bullshit. He is like 5 ft 7 in tops and is maybe 150 pounds soaking wet with a brick in each pocket.

TNA on the other hand has done the same thing. I remember once he came out and they said he was 240 pounds. I laughed.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
dude times have changed,apart from a few suburbun dumbs***s mankind has matured itself to realise that, apart from sex, size isn't everything anymore. Its not a done deal i know but TNA and the indys are proof as to why it is better this way

1 - 20 of 26 Posts