Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the attitude era guys and Batista will eventually retire from WWE, sooner or later tna will have to face the same delima

Since WWE have somewhat already taken precautions with the Nexus stable, representing the inevitable future and what have you, who in tna right now would qualify as the legitimate future main eventers.

They have to have that main event look and mannerisms as well as capable in the ring

AJ will be a veteran by then so that's him out

Bobby Rhoode, James Storm, Alex Shelly, KAZ("lets play"}, Matt Morgan, Dinero, Hernandez, they could get Hoyt back after the 3 month wait and sigh Robbie E:gun:

im tempted to add my hero Douglas but he is almost like a British Benoit, while great he doesnt meet ALL the requirements

·
Registered
737 Posts
POPE
AJ
MORGAN
HERNANDEZ
ROBERT ROODE
ALEX SHELLEY (I SEE HIM AS A REY MYSTERIO TYPE GUY)
POPE
ROB TERRY(if he was to improve his in ring skill)

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
It could be kinda cool to see. I'm not a fan of TNA copying WWE and doing it badly but get 6 to 8 guys from the indys that people know of possibly a couple from ROH and maybe even a couple nobodies like Heath Slater or Darren Young were for NXT and it could work. It just wouldn't make sense though and feel blatantly ripped off from WWE.

Yeah but TNA seriously needs to push other guys into the main event picture where their world champion at some point and not just losing or not getting the opportunity at all.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Man i hope ROH gets a better T.V. deal something like G4TV OR GSN Network, So they can get Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolf, Jay Lethal and Alex Shelley back.

This TNA , WWE JR/WCW Lite style am not feeling that right now.

·
Banned
315 Posts
If the scrubs from Nexus are the future of the WWE then TNA is destined to become America's #1 wrestling promotion by default.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If the scrubs from Nexus are the future of the WWE then TNA is destined to become America's #1 wrestling promotion by default.
This. Apart from Barrett and maybe Gabriel, the whole of nexus will be future endeavored within 3 years.
As for TNA, they have the talent on their roster already, the #1 thing they need to do to prepare for the future is to replace the creative team.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nexus actually consists of mostly talented young wrestlers, Joe Hennig and Husky Harris are very talented in the ring, maybe it's just me but Hennig has an old school vibe to him and i like it, and just give Harris a mic time and people will boo him out of the building, the man is natural heel. Heath Slater is massively underrated, perhaps he's never gonna be a main eventer but he's an all-around solid talent, he can be a good midcarder in the future when he goes solo. Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett are gonna get far, Barrett has unbelievable amount of heat at the moment, he's gonna stay on top for a very long time, the man is good. Gabriel is everything that you can ask from a wrestler, he's got marketable look, a great in-ring worker, he can do technical wrestling and he's also a good high-flyer, his finisher is beautiful, he also can be good on the mic if he tries harder, his elimination speech on NXT is a prime example of that, he's also versatile, he can be a good babyface and a good heel. Otunga has loads of charisma and interesting personality, and he's also a fine mic worker, he totally sucks in the ring though, probably the least talented member of the bunch, but he has potential to be a complete package if he trains for several years. Even the ex-Nexus members are mostly good overall talents, Skip Sheffield is a beast, he's a good powerhouse and his modified stunner finisher looks sick, he's a decent talker too. Darren Young has a lot of untapped potential, WWE just needs something that works for him. Michael Tarver is a great, unique talker, and i watch his FCW work the other day and he's actually pretty good in the ring, it's a shame he's booked as a weak link of the group so WWE limits him in what he can do.

Ok, back on topic, i don't think TNA should rip-off the Nexus concept, TNA should just give their young talents good storylines and memorable feuds that the audience can enjoy and stars will automatically be created as a result, there's no need to create another stable war.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wade Barrett-Mr. Anderson
Justin Gabriel-AJ Styles
Heath Slater-Kazarian
Michael Tarver-The Pope
Skip Sheffield-Matt Morgan
Daniel Bryan-Jay Lethal
Darren Young-Robbie E
David Otunga-Desmond Wolfe

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
All TNA needs is a crappy development farm where a bunch of green lookalike bodybuilders can band together to look like a swarm of bees before jobbing one-by-one to the company's biggest star. They should also be called the Flexus.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
No more Nexus, please!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
LOL why would TNA want to copy that ridiculous Nexus crap? Whats next, TNA should have a Spirit Squad ripoff too? The Nexus angle is boring beyond words.

·
Registered
894 Posts
No, I've had enough Nexus already. Every company should have their own autonomos storylines, it's boring and pointless when you have Young guys v veterans fued due to the fact that their is a certain age group difference between the 2.

Some of the wrestling writers should look at the Monday night wars era and beyond (up untill 03), and see how the likes of Stone Cold, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesner The Rock, and Sting And Goldberg were pushed. Most of the people mentioned were young, new superstars or in the case of Sting an under-used maineventer. The reason why these wrestlers were built up into stars is because they were given character and depth, they weren't boring and didn't ramble about how they were young guys trying to take the spotlight for themselves/off the veterans each night.

That's the sort of benchmark that wrestling companies should follow when wanting to push up and coming wrestlers with potential to entertain people, sadly both TNA and WWE can't seem to follow those guidlines.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts