Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Reason Why TNA Will Never Be in the same league as the wwe is simple.
Forget the angles they do the matches even about them trying to rekindle every old idea the wwe has done. They have nothing unique about them. WWE have classic matches like Hell in the cell,Elimination Chamber,Money In The Bank Royal Rumble Etc

Then they bring in NXT as a show and have this awesome Nexus Angle which is getting higher ratings and putting over 7 new talents.
So TNA needs to come up with another Unique Match type other then Ultimate X (which I do like) A Big Angle That Succeeds (It Was spose to be Main Event Mafia But that failed) I do like TNA they have had their Moments but until they do something massive to stand out no one will care about them.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Forget the angles they do the matches even about them trying to rekindle every old idea the wwe has done. They have nothing unique about them. WWE have classic matches like Hell in the cell,Elimination Chamber,Money In The Bank Royal Rumble Etc

Then they bring in NXT as a show and have this awesome Nexus Angle which is getting higher ratings and putting over 7 new talents.
So TNA needs to come up with another Unique Match type other then Ultimate X (which I do like) A Big Angle That Succeeds (It Was spose to be Main Event Mafia But that failed) I do like TNA they have had their Moments but until they do something massive to stand out no one will care about them.
You seem to be forgetting WWE copied just about everything from WCW when they were getting owned in the ratings. so the WWE can't say shit about being unique..

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
You seem to be forgetting WWE copied just about everything from WCW when they were getting owned in the ratings. so the WWE can't say shit about being unique..
They did ripoff alot but whenever it's time to move forward WWE does. They continue to make stars and make tons of money while TNA stands still in 1996.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
TNA don't need to be in the same league as the WWE to make money and be successful.

"but until they do something massive to stand out no one will care about them"

Wrong I care about them :)

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
TNA don't need to be in the same league as the WWE to make money and be successful.

"but until they do something massive to stand out no one will care about them"

Wrong I care about them :)
But they're not successful at all. Having a few hundred people at each taping isn't successful at all, that's Indy level. Considering they get in for free too, they aren't making much money either. They're not worth caring about.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Sure they do.....unless you have a low standard for what success means. There's a good reason why so many people think if it happens in TNA, it doesn't matter. And they're right.

There's many reasons why TNA will never compete with WWE, but being innovative I don't think can qualify as one of them.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
But they're not successful at all. Having a few hundred people at each taping isn't successful at all, that's Indy level. Considering they get in for free too, they aren't making much money either. They're not worth caring about.
name 1 promotion that has had more success than TNA in their first 8 years... Oh thats right.. you can't because their isn't any :p

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Just give TNA some time. I mean come on, do you really expect an 8 year company who have only had a TV deal for half their existence to compete with a company that has been around since before members of its company were born?

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts

hey blind mark, like i said before, do you think nxt is new? Russo was already booking things like nexus when the nxt roster was still on their fathers balls.

You 5 minute memory...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
In my opinion, TNA's way of creating stars sucks.

It usually involves someone having a great match with Kurt Angle and looking like a star for a month or two and then dropping off into midcard-jobber ville (Morgan, Wolfe etc..)

What TNA needs to do is use the Global belt as a stepping stone like how the Intercontinental belt lifted Rock, HHH, and Austin in WWF.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
WWE has created one true star in the last decade, John Cena. They are living in what they did in the 80s and 90s. It isn't like they are doing anything truly innovative these days. RAW dropped in ratings this week how is Nexus bringing in ratings? And the only member of nexus that is getting anything out of the angle is Wade Barrett. I bet 96% of the WWE fanbase can't even name all the members of it. Kind of like the Spirit Squad as far as making stars...

·
Robert Roode.
243 Posts

Suggest something.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and complain. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
299 Posts

As far as a unique idea I think that WCW set the bar with the NWO angle. As far as nobody caring about TNA well right now people have a choice as to what brand they want to watch. TNA needs to worry about finding their own niche before they think about wanting to compete with WWE.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Suggest something.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and complain. Just sayin'.
Well i liked the world X cup but i don't know how well it draws.. Maybe They can push Beer money as the next great tag team. Or have the first ever Knockout Ironwoman Match.. Because TNA does have a better Tag Team and Womens Divison then the WWE.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think the worst thing is the amount of potential that the MEM storyline had. It was something unique and as an idea it had a great premise. A family of veterans trying to get power from the younger guys using respect as their cover story. I think that if it were done today (rather than nearly 2 years ago), it would have been so much more successful. The TNA Frontline would have more than 2 viable contenders whilst the MEM would probably be of a similar strength in terms of star power. There could actually have been a war.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts