Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Not making AJ Styles a Main Event mainstay
- Not utilizing Samoa Joe to his full potential
- Bringing back a boring Face Jeff Hardy (lets give TNA credit for turning Hardy Heel. It added an extra dimension to his character and was actually a fresh idea, Hardy is imo much more interesting as a Heel than a Face a.k.a glorified stuntman)
- Making Hogan into a boring Heel authority figure
- Making Flair the leader of a stable instead of a manager for some Heel up and comer. Picture Flair managing Austin Aries for example, that would be GOLDEN.
- Releasing Jay Lethal after putting him over Flair in a feud. Jay Lethal = Midcard/Upper Midcard Gold and good Main Event jobber if nothing else.
- Signing **** Foley and doing NOTHING of note with him.
- Releasing Scott Steiner instead of using him as a promo cutting GOD
- Releasing just about every Knockout that was interesting to watch, T&A being overlooked (i.e. Daffney, Kharma, Hamada)
- Releasing Raven instead of making him a manager or stable leader, he could also help backstage with booking.
- Not making Christopher Daniels a threatening Main Event Heel.
- Wasting Desmond Wolfe's potential until he couldn't wrestle anymore anyway.
- Wasting time pushing a burnt out (mentally and physically) RVD to the Main Event
- Flip flopping Anderson between Face and Heel instead of just keeping him Heel where he belongs.
- Turning Angle Heel (who gives a crap about Heel Angle nowadays? He's their most credible former WWE guy and should be used as an Undertaker/Shawn Michaels type guy)
- Using an out of shape/aged Abyss as a serious threat, on second thought Abyss hasn't been used right since they ditched James Mitchell and made him start talking.
- Making Devon the fucking TV Champion instead of keeping it on a youngster

That's all I got for now. Imo TNA has done almost irreparable damage to some of the most recognizable superstars on their roster. It's a miracle that places like the UK give them so much support with the bullshit they've been pulling and potential that they've wasted thanks to horrible booking decisions.

Hopefully the new management team shakes things up in a good way and remedies the lost opportunities TNA's floundered.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not making AJ Styles a Main Event mainstay( Enough with this sucking on AJ Nuts. He is good but he sucks on the mic and couldnt bring in ratings.
- Not utilizing Samoa Joe to his full potential Samoa Joe did it to himself and now they are pushing him slowly right now
- Bringing back a boring Face Jeff Hardy (lets give TNA credit for turning Hardy Heel. It added an extra dimension to his character and was actually a fresh idea, Hardy is imo much more interesting as a Heel than a Face a.k.a glorified stuntman)for once I agree with you.
- Making Hogan into a boring Heel authority figure ,
- Making Flair the leader of a stable instead of a manager for some Heel up and comer. Picture Flair managing Austin Aries for example, that would be GOLDEN. Flair was leader because he was a name that everyone knew.
- Releasing Jay Lethal after putting him over Flair in a feud. Jay Lethal = Midcard/Upper Midcard Gold and good Main Event jobber if nothing else. Well Lethal sucks. Only thing that he knew how to do was mimic people. He was a piss poor version of when charlie hass use to do this.
- Signing **** Foley and doing NOTHING of note with him. Making champion ring a bell?
- Releasing Scott Steiner instead of using him as a promo cutting GOD Stiner sucks he is not consistent on the mic and is hard to understand him at time.
- Releasing just about every Knockout that was interesting to watch, T&A being overlooked (i.e. Daffney, Kharma, Hamada) This I agree with once again.
- Releasing Raven instead of making him a manager or stable leader, he could also help backstage with booking. Raven left on his own.
- Not making Christopher Daniels a threatening Main Event Heel.Why do people suck on his nuts?
- Wasting Desmond Wolfe's potential until he couldn't wrestle anymore anyway. One this was not tna fault. It was DW Fault because of a medical problem.
- Wasting time pushing a burnt out (mentally and physically) RVD to the Main Event How do u know he was burnt out?
- Flip flopping Anderson between Face and Heel instead of just keeping him Heel where he belongs. this happens all the time when a person gets injured and they need a substitution or the crowd changes someone.
- Turning Angle Heel (who gives a crap about Heel Angle nowadays? He's their most credible former WWE guy and should be used as an Undertaker/Shawn Michaels type guy) angle is awesome as a heel and I love him as a heel so dont speak for everyone.
- Using an out of shape/aged Abyss as a serious threat, on second thought Abyss hasn't been used right since they ditched James Mitchell and made him start talking. for the third time I agree with u.
- Making Devon the fucking TV Champion instead of keeping it on a youngster Devon got himself into shape and is doing a great job right now.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
- Not making AJ Styles a Main Event mainstay
With exception of Samoa Joe and RVD, AJ Styles' title run got the lowest ratings in TNA's history (since moving to spike). I'm a big AJ fan, but if i was management i would probably keep him around upper-midcard. The guy has done everything he could in TNA, moving him to mainevent just so he can repeat the cycle again? no thanks.

- Not utilizing Samoa Joe to his full potential
Partially TNA's fault, but Joe also deserves some blame. He really let himself go, and doesnt look motivated anymore. Recently he is improving a little big again. and i hope he continues in that direction. But he is a long trip away from his peak.

- Bringing back a boring Face Jeff Hardy
TNA makes a nice profit on his merchandise. Maybe a face-Hardy is more boring than a heel-Hardy, but lets be honost here. The #1 reason why he is still around in TNA isnt his wrestling skill or his promos, its to sell merchandise.

- Making Flair the leader of a stable instead of a manager for some Heel up and comer.
I partially agree, but AJ Styles and Beer Money needed some credibility as "stars" when RVD, Hardy, Anderson and Hogan all came in. I do think Flair has helped in that department. But linking him with a up-and-comer would probably have been better.

- Releasing Scott Steiner instead of using him as a promo cutting GOD
Keeping people around just to cut promos that entertain the smarks is just silly, especially for the money he was paid.

- Not making Christopher Daniels a threatening Main Event Heel.
Brilliant wrestler, but the guy is in his 40s, is relatively small and like AJ has pretty much done it all.

I agree on your other points.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Too many to name:

Making Lacey Von Erich a wrestler instead of a manager and/or valet.

Not putting the strap on Monty Brown and strapping a rocket to his ass.

Not giving Alissa Flash anything worthwild to do for a long time and then releasing her.

Choosing Bubba The Love Sponge over Awesome Kong.

Not putting the strap on Sarita and letting her have a run with the KO tag titles.

The releases of: Lethal, Creed, Taylor Wilde, Daffney, and Homicide for bullshit reasons like budget cuts or 'creative has nothing for you'.

Not keeping Desmond Wolfe around despite him not being able to wrestle.

Not being able to find anything for Ron Killings to do post 2006.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Making Petey Williams into little Petey Pump, and then Firing Him!

I love TNA, but man, i dont forgive them for that move.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Not giving Generation ME the titles and jobbing to Matt Hardy and Bischoff
Dropping the ball on Mickie James title run by playing second fiddle to Velvet Sky

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,325 Posts
Gutting the Knockouts, then having everybody else in the Knockouts division become a Knockouts or Tag Champ. Every match you can do has been done. Everybody has been a champ.

Jay Lethal, 6 time X Division champ, young and athletic guy who can work the mic...Cut him one week after his 26th birthday "We have nothing for you." This was hot on the heels of a pretty cool program between him and Flair where Lethal beat Flair with a Figure 4.

D'Angelo "The Pope" Dinero could be a big time moneymaker for this company. Instead he has done sweet fuck all in over a year.

Mexico America injuring EVERYBODY.

Bungling Douglas Williams. Hello! HE EXISTS

Kazarian, Styles and Daniels perpetually feuding with one another with nothing of consequence on the line. Styles/Daniels is like a 7 year program. They've fought each other more than Flair/Sting. Move on already!

Not putting Shelly or Sabin in a main event program or using them to elevate the T.V. title.
The T.V. belt is garbage and always held by nonstop jobbers like Robbie E and The Shitty Part of The Dudley Boys

Completely botching Abyss from 2010 onwards. The Hall of Fame Ring, Brother! CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER, BROTHER!

Morgan isn't a main eventer yet. WHY?!

Crimson's fraud "streak" when he has taken pins in tag matches. The most irrelevant, consequence-free streak in wrestling history.

Sting is perpetually working main event matches for the TNA World Championship. Holy motherfucker! He's 50+ years old. This roster has young, underutilized talent out the ass and STING works TNA World Championship programs on a yearly basis. Sting hasn't been in good ring condition in what, 12 or 13 years? Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, Steiner, RVD and all the other cronies and failed promotion nothings hog the spotlight and command salaries far more than what they offer.

ECW "one more match" bullshit. The only person worth anything, who still had anything to offer this company, Rhyno, was cut at the age of 34. RVD is a consummate hack who has done nothing but steal from this company for 2 years.

Mr. Anderson never being on t.v. Getting the TNA belt and dropping it in a month, then disappearing. Textbook bungling and underachievement.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
With exception of Samoa Joe and RVD, AJ Styles' title run got the lowest ratings in TNA's history (since moving to spike). I'm a big AJ fan, but if i was management i would probably keep him around upper-midcard. The guy has done everything he could in TNA, moving him to mainevent just so he can repeat the cycle again? no thanks.

Partially TNA's fault, but Joe also deserves some blame. He really let himself go, and doesnt look motivated anymore. Recently he is improving a little big again. and i hope he continues in that direction. But he is a long trip away from his peak.

TNA makes a nice profit on his merchandise. Maybe a face-Hardy is more boring than a heel-Hardy, but lets be honost here. The #1 reason why he is still around in TNA isnt his wrestling skill or his promos, its to sell merchandise.

I partially agree, but AJ Styles and Beer Money needed some credibility as "stars" when RVD, Hardy, Anderson and Hogan all came in. I do think Flair has helped in that department. But linking him with a up-and-comer would probably have been better.

Keeping people around just to cut promos that entertain the smarks is just silly, especially for the money he was paid.

Brilliant wrestler, but the guy is in his 40s, is relatively small and like AJ has pretty much done it all.

I agree on your other points.
And AJ was also part of TNA's biggest ratings in early 2010 when he had the title. One person doesn't change the company, you want to take the title title off roode now? The ratings have been terrible with him as champ, I'm just going by your logic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts