Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they havn't had many in recent years ,but i'm gonna say their best booked storyline was the build up they had to Raven winning the title.

It was years in the makeing with him always getting screwed .He then finally got entered into the King of the mountain match as a wildcard and won the title ,thus fulfilling his "destiny".

I don't know why but for some reason I loved this storyline and loved Raven winning the title.It is probably my favourite title reign ,just above AJ's last reign.

What do you think was their best storyline?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The whole thing with Ravens title reign was great. Angle/Joe was great. LAX during its best time was great. I always enjoyed the Jeff Jarrett/Sting storyline. The one where Jarrett had AMW and Gail Kim with him. When they had the whole funeral for Team 3D and stuff like that. I know it was a long storyline but if you stuck with it, it was really good.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The whole thing with Ravens title reign was great. Angle/Joe was great. LAX during its best time was great. I always enjoyed the Jeff Jarrett/Sting storyline. The one where Jarrett had AMW and Gail Kim with him. When they had the whole funeral for Team 3D and stuff like that. I know it was a long storyline but if you stuck with it, it was really good.
The build up of Joe and Angle was pure gold ,they had some intense segments.The pull apart brawls ,the headbutt and other angles gave their "dream" match the big match aura that only comes around ever so often.

Jarrett/amw/team canada was great ,far better than EV2 or the mainevent mafia or any of the others.The team 3d funeral segement is one of my favourite tna segments really.

It's hard to think that someone wrote this who also wrote all the other stupid and absymal storylines and fueds.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
‘Respect’ was quite possibly their best storyline. They could ‘cross the line’ with it. We could have had a real alternative to WWE. In an unprecedented move, the fans could have determined the future of the pro wrestlers - who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong? The product could truly have been interactive.

It was fantastic seeing Sting help the heels, only to see him cut a promo that had the fans side with him. All of this prompting Jarrett’s return was also brilliant. Unfortunately, they completely fumbled it. They made an absolute dog’s breakfast of it. Frontline lead by Rhino and Team 3D? GTFO! What rubbish. Instead of letting the fans decide and ‘making’ guys like Robert Roode, we had these bums leading the way in a Russo stable wars shitfest. Honestly, Russo couldn’t book a hotel room.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Birth of Beer Money [whipping galore].

·
Registered
895 Posts
Team 3D/Steiner Brothers. VERY old school and different than your typical WWE storyline as well as the typical TNA storyline at the time which makes it stand out.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I can't really say. There's a difference between storylines and feuds. If we talking about strictly feuds AMW vs. XXX hands down would win. One team had to break up forever and TNA actually honor it. Plus, they even did the switch partners to become tag champions gimmick at the end of 2004. The rivalry was top notch. Remember the first cage match from the weekly ppv era? AWESOME and forgotten because of the Turning Point cage match. Its sad that James Storm is the only surviving wrestler and he still stuck in the tag team division. Beer Money vs. MCMG have nothing on AMW vs. XXX. AMW vs. XXX actually had emotions and intensity. Beer Money vs. MCMG was just athletic competition.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
1. Styles/Daniels/Joe

2. Ravens Destiny
3. Main Event Mafia

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ive only been watchin about 3 years so I missed a lot, but my favourite was Beer Moneys feud with MCMG. That best of 5 series they had was captivating.

Also I may have missed the first match between them but the Joe/AJ/Daniels story was great. Daniels is too talented to have been let go!

·
Registered
932 Posts
The Anderson Angle feud was pretty damn good and the one with Wolfe. Each time you really hated the heels and Kurt really took a beating from both of them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
S.E.X (the beginning)
Jarrett/Russo 2003 & 2004
AMW/XXX 2003 & 2004
AJ/Daniels/Joe 2005/2006
Jarrett/Sting 2006
Cage/Rhino 2006
AJ & Daniels/LAX 2006
Angle/Joe 2006/2007 (without winner takes all bullshit) & 2008
3D/Steiners 2007
Cage/Joe 2007
3D/X-Division 2007/2008
AJ/Angle 2008
Jarrett/Angle 2008/2009
Foley/Sting (for epic build up)
Angle/Wolfe 2009
Anderson/Angle 2010

·
Registered
44 Posts
Alas, this was Summer 2005-Bound For Glory 2006. Scott D'Amore was the Head Booker during this period.

Well actually, Vince Russo was Head Booker from No Surrender 2006 so he wrote/altered the last month of all of that.

I don't think it is bad to wish for that period back.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Tna's best storyline?

Cody Deaner as the KO champion.

The second best ?

When abyss was acting like Hulk Hogan and wearing his WWE HOF ring !

I also love Eric Young after his concussion, Little Petey Pump, Pacman Jones as the non-wrestling tag team champion and the storyline where joe was kidnapped by ninja's !

And mostly anything involving Black Reing, Cute Kip, Big Rocco and Sally, The Nasty Boys and Norman Smiley

1 - 20 of 23 Posts