Wrestling Forum banner

TNA's Australian tour. We are still bloody waiting.

2367 Views 26 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  BkB Hulk
It's been well over a year now since I received the email from Tiketek stating that The TNA tour of Australia had been "postponed" due to television taping commitments. In that time since we have seen TNA travel to every other forsaken place on this fucking earth and we haven't even received a fart in our direction. If this was to be the case then I would have expected that email to read "cancelled", instead of "postponed". The WWE visit every year and I had never bothered buying a Gold ticket to a wrestling show until the TNA tour was announced. I was shit excited that my longtime favoured (I'm not a mark) company was coming out here. My refund was given promptly & without effort but a lot of fans were not entirely let down but that promising use of a word that gave us the hope they they would re-announce the shows again soon. That word again kids...... "postponed". What a crock, hey?

Between TNA using phrases like "They are coming" to signify a bunch of wrestlers who have already actually been there for quite some time (Face-palm of the century on more than one occasion) and their misunderstanding of that word in the top paragraph, i'm beginning to loose trust, faith and love for this company very quickly.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so man. Were all getting a bit disheartened down here. I would have posed the question myself but I missed the boat by a few hours. Thanks for letting me know.

· Registered
745 Posts
i am waiting for this day too, i had front row tickets for the show in feb that was meant to take place last year..

for some reason i dont think tna would draw big numbers down here, because fox8 shows it at 11:30pm-1:30am, not many people are up or home on a sat night , luckily i tape it with foxtel IQ however i dont think the interest is big enough in TNA down under hence why they cancled last years tour

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for some reason i dont think tna would draw big numbers down here, because fox8 shows it at 11:30pm-1:30am, not many people are up or home on a sat night , luckily i tape it with foxtel IQ however i dont think the interest is big enough in TNA down under hence why they cancled last years tour
Very true. & I don't think they are showing Explosion anymore on One HD. If so it's probably shown at 2am in the morning.

· Banned
2,174 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only time I have seen a decent crowd fill out the Brisbane Entertainment Centre for a wrestling show was way back at the WCW Mondy Nitro taping. They would be much better going for somewhere with more of an Impact zone type feel. Maybe not quite that small but surely not the size of the BEC.

· Registered
588 Posts
I bought the most expensive tix the second they were on sale last time, was really pumped, honestly I don't care much anymore. I mean I'll still get tix if they decide to promote another show down here, but ehhhh in no real hurry.

· Premium Member
714 Posts
I would go just to see Kurt Angle but i wouldn't get excited over TNA.

· Registered
2,860 Posts
Join the crowd. I live in america and I can't see them. They only seem to travel to east coast cities and obscure foreign countries like Abu Dabi or whatever its called. They should focus their business on one country ( America ) and grow first. Then they can take their show overseas.

· Registered
595 Posts
Join the crowd. I live in america and I can't see them. They only seem to travel to east coast cities and obscure foreign countries like Abu Dabi or whatever its called. They should focus their business on one country ( America ) and grow first. Then they can take their show overseas.
I'm pretty sure some of their best attendance figures are over in the UK. I think TNA have got it right, they don't tour non-stop overseas but they do enough, what people are on about here is that they should complete the Australian tour that was initially scheduled to happen a year ago.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.