Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Long time lurker and never really watched wrestling alot in recent years until the last 6 months.

Where do you guys see TNA going now with the whole ECW angle? Will it progress or fizzle out?

I loved watching the MCMG and Beer Money matches! I read on here ages ago MCMG werent used much but cant see why!

Id like to know people opinion on the ECW PPV too

Please dont shoot me down im trying to get into TNA!

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
I think it'll end with the ECW guys putting over TNA guys at BFG or maybe No surrender.

Frankly I'm only happy to see Sabu. I love Stevie Richards, Raven, Rhino, Dreamer is good, but I don't really care to bring more people in, I think it's a waste.

I loved the PPV myself, I didn't go in expecting anything amazing but the whole attitude of the PPV was fun and exciting, and Raven and Dreamer put on a great match.

MCMG are fantastic.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,404 Posts
It's funny, I work in retail and there's lots of people who come in for WWE DVD's and I shoot the shit with them about wrestling but they always only know WWE pretty much. But on Friday I talked to 2 people who both brought up TNA right away when they were looking at the new RAW DVD set and they were raving about the tag match and the Fourtune angle and how TNA was the new thing. These were guys who were probably mid 30's who said they stopped watching WWE 10 years ago, this was the 1st time I had ever had someone talk about TNA and I talk to alot of people about wrestling there.

It's something small, but I think TNA with this angle has their best chance yet to grab some viewers who were lost years ago.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I agree with Skarupa, I think it's gunna end with the EV2.0 guys putting over the TNA guys and if it works then fair play to whoever booked the whole thing (which I think is a Dixie/Russo/Dreamer collaboration).

and as far as my opinions on the ECW ppv and the whole F'N Show....

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
Hey

Long time lurker and never really watched wrestling alot in recent years until the last 6 months.

Where do you guys see TNA going now with the whole ECW angle? Will it progress or fizzle out?
Fizzle. Just like every other angle TNA has ever done.

I loved watching the MCMG and Beer Money matches! I read on here ages ago MCMG werent used much but cant see why!
Because they wouldn't blade about 2 years ago and was in the doghouse and then pushed aside for several pairs of old guys to hog the spotlight.

Id like to know people opinion on the ECW PPV too
Absolute garbage. It wasn't ECW, it was ECW-flavored TNA. That's all that needs to be said.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Fortune Jumping Them was Brilliant. Cus first off Focusing on ecw is not going to do one bit of shit to TNA Long term.

For me i was excited to see Fortune beat the shit out of them. These are TNA Stars you know. The group is slowly slowly slowly building into this great faction.

So glad they are taking it slow. Dont even have a theme song yet.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Because they wouldn't blade about 2 years ago and was in the doghouse and then pushed aside for several pairs of old guys to hog the spotlight.
Oh come on, nobody believes that. And even if its true, it was about 3 years ago. Nobody hold a grudge that long.

Except maybe Bret Hart.

·
Registered
673 Posts
And Konnan is also having a grudge against TNA ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I heard that Dutch Mantell hated the Gunns, so that would explain some of the lack of push. I can totally see them pissing off some of the old guys, because they are total smartasses. But that's why they rule.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts

·
8,232 Posts
It's funny, I work in retail and there's lots of people who come in for WWE DVD's and I shoot the shit with them about wrestling but they always only know WWE pretty much. But on Friday I talked to 2 people who both brought up TNA right away when they were looking at the new RAW DVD set and they were raving about the tag match and the Fourtune angle and how TNA was the new thing. These were guys who were probably mid 30's who said they stopped watching WWE 10 years ago, this was the 1st time I had ever had someone talk about TNA and I talk to alot of people about wrestling there.

It's something small, but I think TNA with this angle has their best chance yet to grab some viewers who were lost years ago.
WOW. The same thing happened to me twice this week, for the first time.

At my graduation party yesterday some of my old buddies were talking about how they seen the sickest tag match on TNA the other day. And a different person who isn't affiliated with them mentioned Hardcore Justice to me.

People have been surprisingly talking about TNA lately, which rarely occurs around me.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

If it wasnt for the fact they were looking at RAW DVD sets, i'd say that mightve been me, as i happen to fit that description! (well, minus the "mid" part) I know theres gotta be more out there like us that TNA can bring back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had a couple of my friends asking about the ECW guys, so it has worked to some degree. I've also had friends come in when I was watching a Gunns match and get into it. And these are guys that hate wrestling.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
I heard that Dutch Mantell hated the Gunns, so that would explain some of the lack of push. I can totally see them pissing off some of the old guys, because they are total smartasses. But that's why they rule.
Wasn't it something to do with Shelley refusing to blade? I remember reading something about that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts