Wrestling Forum banner

Tna Xplosion

1674 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  baseballplayah63
Well as we all know Tna Xplosion has made its way to tv well in the U.K anyway,but some of us U.S fans still try to catch it on youtube or else where.When i saw this week Xplosion tna was using a different format with 2 matches from the impactzone and 1 from a houseshow i love this new format oh yea don west is back

thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRkGyLM6lr4
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· StarStruck
2,072 Posts
Fuck Taz, I want Don West back, He really is an awesome commentator that puts stuff over and actually shows some emotion. Hearing him commentating again is awesome.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
I liked hearing West as a once off.....I dont like the house show been recorded for TV looked shite..From JB handing Mr A the mic whilst on a chair to the ridiculous camera angles.If any new veiwers tuned in for the first time during that match id doubt they'd tune in again...

· Banned
18,124 Posts
DW FTW! Wow, I didn't know that about house show matches, it's cool. Now they can show Red vs Lethal title changes maybe.

· Registered
453 Posts
Here is the match that aired on the last Xplosion...Anderson vs. Jarrett w/Angle as the guest referee from Upper Marlboro, MD.

Watching this match just makes it sink in. If they can make this touring thing work, they will finally break into the next level. They've got momentum and producing the show in front of a real crowd will put them over the top.

· Registered
114 Posts
Don West puts so much emotion and excitement into his commentary he makes it so much more exciting than Taz and Tenay!! Watching him commentate the house show made it so much more entertaining than it actually was! Bring him back TNA full time.

· Registered
766 Posts
Please post the Xplosion episodes in the Media/Youtube section. I have been missing Xplosion ever since the person I was following was kicked off Youtube. Oh, and thanks for this post.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
To be honest 90% of xplosion I watch from the fast fowrard view. Especially since xplosion records right after TNA and 60% of it is just a recap of the episode I JUST watched. Also, is it just me, or is those segments on tour incredibly boring? I watch to see their charactrers not the people behing them. One match in the recient episode aired in the UK, which was awful Kendrick Vs decent Suicide, and that other week when Rob Teery faught Jay Lethal was a laughable performance. They can really bring it up if they cut the boring stuff and run alot of the X-Division from it, because X-Division is getting neglected on iMPACT in recient times.

· Registered
3,860 Posts
TNA really needs to do something with Xplosion to make it less of a clip show. With it following Impact on Challenge, it becomes awful and irritating. They could look at taping two matches per Impact taping (and do something with the lighting, ugh), along with another two from the past week's house shows. Add the Spin Cycle or something else for the remaining filler, and I would see a format that would make Xplosion even more distinguished, plus Spike TV needs to pick it up some time.

· Registered
554 Posts
Xplosion should be a showcase for the X Division, TNA keep saying they want to do something with the X Division so why not give them an hour to put on a solid matches. At the moment I couldn't care less for Xplosion.

· Banned
9,415 Posts
TNA really needs to do something with Xplosion to make it less of a clip show. With it following Impact on Challenge, it becomes awful and irritating. They could look at taping two matches per Impact taping (and do something with the lighting, ugh), along with another two from the past week's house shows. Add the Spin Cycle or something else for the remaining filler, and I would see a format that would make Xplosion even more distinguished, plus Spike TV needs to pick it up some time.
Absolutely. I hate the lighting for the show.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
I at first thought the lighting was a mistake lmao. Yeah I agree that Xplosion should be used for X-Division contenders and tag teams. Not just a combination of many jobbers going one on one, or Eric Young, although awesome, being the only decent thing on it.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
The emphasis should be on the undercard, but the main event wrestlers should still have some sort of presence on the show in backstage segments or squash matches. A lot of times, undercard storylines only develop bi-weekly on Impact rather than every week, so Xplosion can help progress the undercard storylines. TNA needs two shows to progress all the storylines they have going on. That doesn't mean dump all the undercard on Xplosion and keep them off of impact, but definitely give them the spotlight.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,566 Posts
Just saw the Feb. 8th edition of Xplosion... Here's what they need to do, or should do......

1. Get rid of the dark blue lighting. It's just plain bad...
2. Show 2 House Show Matches. Along with one IZ Match. (Wrestlers cut promos before there IZ matches)
3. Use Don West for the House Show Matches. Taz for the IZ Match.
4. Get rid of the recap... Just have the announcers talk about what went down at the announce table.
5. Commercials plugging recent updates within the promotion. (DVD releases, Tour Dates... etc.)

Yeah... That sounds about right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.