Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Hurricane coming to TNA any time soon...

Posted by: WrestlingNewsSource.com

--Numerous sources are reporting that the reason TNA Wrestling hasn't signed former WWE Superstar Gregory Helms is because his ex-girlfriend and current TNA Knockout, Velvet Sky, reportedly told TNA officials that she would leave the company immediately if Helms was signed (due to the fact that the two had what's described as a very nasty breakup). Sources within TNA are stating that the company is more interested in keeping Velvet than signing Helms, so for what it's worth, the chances of Helms joining TNA seem to have now become slim.

--The 2010 Bound for Glory DVD was released today.

-- TNA will return to New York in March as they run Glens Falls on the 9th, and Poughkeepsie on the 10th with the following talent confirmed: Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Beer Money, Shannon Moore and Velvet Sky.

·
Banned
212 Posts
The Hardys were planning all sorts of ideas with OMEGA, The Hardy Show, etc which would be apart of TNA Entertainment Inc but this kinda hurts any possibilities of that happening with Helms being included.

He would have been a good fit in the X-Division.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The thing that I find funny about this report is that TNA has a main event talent like Kurt Angle working an angle with his Ex-Wife and the guy who married her following the divorce but TNA won't hire Helms because it might rub a midcard female act like Velvet Sky the wrong way.

It could be true, but I just find it very ironic that a main event talent has to man up and work an angle with his Ex-Wife while a knockout refuses to even work in the same company as her ex boy friend when this ex boy friend could have more value to the company than the main eventers skanky ex-wife.

Especially when three of this ex boy friends best friends are already employed by the company with one being a HIGH ranking main event talent.

Just sounds very silly.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
The dirtsheets don't even try these days do they? This report is complete bullshit. I find it funny that this report came out a week after Helms announced he signed with Lucha Libre USA. Why didn't they announce this months ago when the speculation first started that TNA was gonna sign him?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The dirtsheets don't even try these days do they? This report is complete bullshit. I find it funny that this report came out a week after Helms announced he signed with Lucha Libre USA. Why didn't they announce this months ago when the speculation first started that TNA was gonna sign him?
thanks for posting eric bischoff =D we know how much you hate the dirtsheets to the point you won't keep your composture and call it a fake report in THE PROPER WAY

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It could be true, but I just find it very ironic that a main event talent has to man up and work an angle with his Ex-Wife while a knockout refuses to even work in the same company as her ex boy friend when this ex boy friend could have more value to the company than the main eventers skanky ex-wife.
and there lies the difference between men and women.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I heard this Velvet Sky/Helms rumor over a year ago, so it must have at least a bit of truth to it. If he ever comes in they should do Sabin vs. Helms Velvet Sky on a pole match.
lool amazing, green repped.
On topic, I'm pissed knowing Helms won't be on TNA seeing as how someone else said, hes the one of the only OMEGA guys I don't dislike and if that truly is the reason than that's some bullshit on TNA's part.

·
Banned
212 Posts
I don't believe that's the reason Helms didn't sign. As the other poster said, look at Kurt and Karen. Sounds like some bs drama to me.
You can't compare one situation that we do not know of to an other that we do not know of. It's very clear both Kurt and Karen were adults about it , moved on to other people and are happy with their lives. Who knows they could be friends.

It's very clear Velvet and Helms have a different situation. Remember, it was "reported" that they broke up then Helms and Daniels were arrested for DUI. Which is how he demoted to ECW announcer.

I don't believe in these reports. We've seen atleast about five that were false this month alone but this seems to have some legs to it. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I heard this Velvet Sky/Helms rumor over a year ago, so it must have at least a bit of truth to it. If he ever comes in they should do Sabin vs. Helms Velvet Sky on a pole match.
Don't give Russo any fucking ideas, I'm suddenly having flashbacks to Buff Bagwell Vs. Chris Kanyon (RIP) in the Judy Bagwell On A Forklift match at New Blood Rising and it's not very pleasant.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts