Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TNA has been around for most the decade, seen a lot of wrestlers come and go.

Your favorite TNA wrestler of the past decade.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The company was actually formed in 2002 (in May of that year I believe) which means there's almost 18 months before this question should come up. It's AJ Styles though.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
AJ Styles. No one else is even close, IMO.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
AJ wins this hands down. He's probably the only guy in TNA that went from pretty much nothing to one of the best in the world.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
AJ is TNA. TNA is AJ.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I completly see why it's all about AJ Styles!
But I respectfully voted for Sting... Sting is the only legend that appears to be a TNA original (due to never debuting the WWE)

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Styles

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Theres two votes for Steiner?? Haha love that.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I sing his theme songs when I pick up speed, biking home. Get ready to fly.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
AJ Styles is probably the only guy in TNA that I could imagine getting a good run in WWE, he would probably just be another Jericho or Punk, but just like those guys, he excels at what he's doing and for a TNA guy that would be a huge achievement nevertheless.

Very good mic skills, arguably GOAT level ring skills but most of all, the incredible ability to put his feuds to life in his matches. I mean there's guys like Cena and Orton who are good story-tellers but those guys have very little variation and pretty much play the same character in the match over and over again. AJ Styles cuts a random impact promo in whatever mood, and he actually wrestles a match in the appropriate mood, aka match flow, psychology (especially body/facial expressions) and even moveset altering, showing he has a very artistic approach about his in-ring product. He pretty much never lets an emotion/argument be unseen in his matches despite Russo booking, which is quite an achievement.

I don't think anyone bar Bryan Danielson could handle such detailed character variations in feuds as well as he did, to me it's just a sign of true art inside a wrestling ring. He managed to get good matches out of Rob Terry, Abyss, Tommy Dreamer and Pope last year, not only making himself look good, but also selling his opponents pace and moves very well.

Theres two votes for Steiner?? Haha love that.
Damn if I didn't overlook that I'd have voted for him aswell :p

1 - 20 of 65 Posts