Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to throw this out there to get peoples thoughts on the company name. Total Nonstop Action, or shortened to "TNA".

I sometimes see people who say TNA should rename to something else. TNA can sometimes be thought of as tits and ass. so why did they pick TNA from the beginning?
in the beginning they were NWA TNA, so why did they drop the NWA? could they go back to NWA?

in 2011 they changed the name of the TV show from Impact to Impact Wrestling. there was some confusion as people thought the company name was changed to Impact Wrestling.
I for one was never confused. I always felt like it was just the TV show being changed to Impact Wrestling, mostly so that viewers could see the program listing as having to do with wrestling. much like how WWE has Raw and Smackdown.

should/could TNA change it's company name to something else?
if so, what could they change to?

would changing the name help the company improve?

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,087 Posts
If there's one thing i can trust Bischoff with it's that he'll no doubt change the name when he takes over.

TNA is an awful name. If jarrett got the company i doubt he'd change the name.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does it make a difference for a new name to be shortened down to 3 letter abbreviation? many wrestling companies have been able to be just 3 letters. TNA, WWE, WWF, WCW, NWA, AWA, ECW.
I kind of feel like it would be good to keep with that, something that can be called 3 letters.
whatever the full name will be, you know it's going to be shortened down to an abbreviation.
Impact Wrestling doesn't fit that as that's just IW. somewhere I read before had mentioned something like adding Championship in there, like Impact Championship Wrestling. but I think the problem there is that's ICW which is too close to IWC for Internet Wrestling Community.
IWA? Impact wrestling Action
IWF? Impact Wrestling Federation
TCW? Total Championship Wrestling

whatever the name is, I think it should have "Wrestling" in there somewhere. that is something that has been a constant in all other companies.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
You guys don't get it. Regardless of how silly you think the name is they're stuck with it. It's what they're known as it's how people identify them and it always will be.

The money is in the brand name.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Except that there's no money in their brand! That's their problem. The initials "TNA" are automatically going to make potential sponsors uncomfortable and that hinders their licensing opportunities, which stunts their growth. I completely understand why they wanted to rebrand as "Impact Wrestling" a few years ago, but it was half-assed and just created confusion about their real name.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
I will explain this

People that think the current name situation is not a big problem, then your only looking at it in a personal perspective. Yes the name sucks and several people that don't know ots wrestling do say tits n ass or think the tna name sucks.

The point is from a business perspective they have zweo bran reconize, and that is absolutely number 1. How does a company claim they are tna but don't promote it.they promote impact wrestling as so much and half the wrestlers still refer it as the entire brand, like impact wrestling world champion.your website is called yoir tv show name? Every merchandise says impact wrestling, like the t shirts all say impact wrestling ? Why that's stupid to not promote the wrestling company name.

Of you think its bad for business change it, stop fucking around looking bad not having a market name.

Coke is coke subway is subway.

Imagine ufc started only adverising zeffa on its shirts. Promote it or drop it.in fact a shorter name like impact wrestling is modern bold and very meaning full.they could still keep the tna astge production name.then ppeople can still chant it

Tna world chnapion ?

Impact wrestling world champion?

Almost better saying the full name of a brand then 3 letters

apparently Dixie Carter was one of the only people that didn't want to change it from TNA, well now that done they're stuck between marketing a show and not the entire brand

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
You guys don't get it. Regardless of how silly you think the name is they're stuck with it. It's what they're known as it's how people identify them and it always will be.

The money is in the brand name.
actually have the fans just say Impact Wrestling just like half the wrestlers call it only Impact Wrestling. I think it's been marketed long enough that it wouldn't matter if it was just called Impact Wrestling, they can still keep the TNA name as the behind-the-scenes production name as what they already call it at the end of the shows. Sponsors don't like the TNA name and they are a big part of why the impact wresling name is being pushed and Spike TV

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I thought the plan was for TNA to be the company brand with its different shows worldwide.

TNA : Impact Wrestling - American show
TNA : Ring Ka King - indian show.
TNA : All Wheels wrestling - motorcross show with high flying cruiserweights to attempt most random cross over ever?

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
it was the best when the company logo wrote out Total Nonstop Action in full words, the name could be great if they learn how to market and promote it. Would be cool to have a voice that said something similar to ECW this is total non stop action wrestling saying it with a good voice

·
Registered
401 Posts
TNA is fine. Only perverted pedophiles think of tits n ass.
True, I"m a nympho and never really thought of Tits and Ass, those perverts and closet dwellers I tell yah!

My opinion is that you may call it whatever you want to call it! TNA is a great name, fans used to chant it. Even sometimes at a WWE event a long time ago when it was TNA. iMPACT WRESTLING sounds professional, it's still the shows name. I mean it's great. Both are good just as long as they pick one and stick with it!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts