Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TNA WRESTLING LAUNCHES NEW ONLINE VIDEO SERVICE: TNAONDEMAND.COM

TNA WRESTLING TO BEGIN STREAMING PAY-PER-VIEW EVENTS ONLINE IN SELECT COUNTRIES STARTING WITH "BOUND FOR GLORY" THIS SUNDAY

TNA Wrestling’s biggest Pay-Per-View event of the year, “Bound For Glory 2010,” is a once-in-a-lifetime spectacular on the once-in-a lifetime date, October 10, 2010: “10.10.10.”...and now select countries around the world can witness “Bound For Glory” as it happens, LIVE on 10.10.10, as well.

As part of the new TNAONDEMAND.COM video service, "Bound For Glory 2010" will be available for online viewing at a purchase price of $9.99. The event will also be made available online "on demand" for up to 48 hours after its conclusion.

Due to existing contractual obligations with our worldwide Television and PPV partners, only a limited number of countries will have access to watch it online. Countries that will have access include: Spain, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Russia, South Korea, Greece and several others.

“Bound For Glory 2010” will NOT be available to watch online in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France and Germany. Australia and Mexico will have online access 30 days after PPV airdate. TNA will be working with our TV and PPV partners in the coming months to allow additional countries online access.

Fans can currently log onto TNAONDEMAND.COM to watch free videos, including iMPACT Highlights, Touring footage, Superstar Interviews and much more, as well as archived TNA DVD releases! Many more free videos will be added in the coming weeks.

For the new online video service, TNA Wrestling teamed up with online video platform company VOPED (www.voped.com).

TNA Wrestling is very excited about the pay-per-view and on-demand application that VOPED built. With the growth that TNA anticipates worldwide, VOPED delivered a stand-out video application that will showcase TNA's online content for years to come.

http://www.tnaondemand.com/

·
8,232 Posts
Only 10 bucks as opposed to $35 on cable? Will it be live online?

Fuck me, I might have to connect the macbook to my TV.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Only $10.. jesus if TNA can't make 100k buys this sunday they may aswell give up. About time a wrestling company puts up a fair price. This will be the first PPV I've payed for and havn't downloaded the next day in about 10 years.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Only $10.. jesus if TNA can't make 100k buys this sunday they may aswell give up. About time a wrestling company puts up a fair price. This will be the first PPV I've payed for and havn't downloaded the next day in about 10 years.
Yeah, same here. I don't mind paying 10, hopefully the quality of the stream is alright. $35 a month is way to much, especially when the ppvs are mediocre most of the time.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Yea, it's not available to people in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, or Germany. Australia and Mexico will get it 30 days later at $10.

It's not a "fair" price when it's not offered across the board. Don't go praising TNA for cutting costs and giving a good price for the fans, because they aren't.

Good idea? Sure, but it's only being offered to a handful of countries, and none of them being their major markets where people might be convinced to purchase an event at $10 instead of $35 or so.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Ah yes I retract my former comment. Knew it was too good to be true, ah well looks like it's BFG on Monday for me then.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Yeah, I remember the last time they did this. Won't be parting with my cash I'm afraid.

If it was guaranteed to work well, I'd consider it to support them - because ultimately I am a fan of the company. But I'm not gambling with my money for the prospect of a shit stream.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If it was available in the US then I would strongly consider this option, especially when i'm still deciding if I want to order BFG on my TV or not.

It's a good attempt to reach viewers outside of the obvious few countries that are able to view, I just don't think that it will make much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It seems to me that the only reason they're not offering it in the US, UK, ect... is because they can't. I would imagine that the company they have a contract with would get kind of pissed if they started undercutting them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TNA are in negotiation talks with Extreme Sports about allowing future TNA PPVs to be screened live to UK fans online. Bravo allowed it when the PPVs were on Bravo 2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts