Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Word is that TNA currently has no plans to tape iMPACT! Wrestling on the road in the near future. Heading into the summer months, the plan is to tape all TV at the Impact Zone in Orlando.

The reason for this is due to the inability to move ratings when the show travels, as well as the extremely high production costs for taping outside of the Impact Zone.
http://www.wzronline.com/wrestling-news/backstage-update-tna-impact-on-the-road-more.html

Come the FUCK on. Fire half the roster if you need to. I seriously doubt I could watch Austin/Rock in that shitty studio without turning it off.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well it would be cool if some one had the facts on this matter. How much does it cost and what do they need to avg

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
If ratings aren't increasing for the shows they do on the road then, unfortunately for us, it's not in their best interests to leave the IZ. It seems TNA have given up on competing with WWE in the near future and are at peace with being #2 and profitable, which I personally think is the wisest option as it'll save them a lot of money and embarrassment. This won't be the end of shows outside of the IZ of course, but for now they're taking the safe option which we have to respect.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you can't watch stone cold vs the rock just because it's in a small arena you got problems.

Roh must mean shit to you then.
You're wrong here. A casual fan would not even give The Rock and Stone Cold a chance on TV, no matter how good they are. Production values are very important, they say not to judge a book by its cover but it's a load of BS when it comes to TV.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Seeing as they do such horrible buyrates for all their PPV's including the big ones i think TNA should cut down to six PPV's a year and take them on the road as using The Impact Zone for Impact doesn't matter. What matters is that their PPV's look like a supercard thrown in on a weekly Impact because there is the same layout and same people there for everything week in week out for Impact or PPV's.

I say keep Bound For Glory, Lockdown, Slammiversary and three other PPV's and then do them on the road whilst maybe doing a monthly special show on Impact similar to how WCW used to do Clash Of The Champions or like when TNA did The Whole F'n Show a couple of years ago in the pre Immortal days. Hopefully a monthly special Impact will draw good ratings whilst TNA will also have two months to build feuds up well enough for people to buy their PPV's and actually care enough about the feuds but the fact is Eric Bischoff has only ever cared about tv ratings hence why WCW put out horrible PPV's without a lot of their top stars because everything was geared around Nitro and tv.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Disappointing to hear but it makes sense. I'd much rather them do the PPV's on the road and do TV in the Impact Zone every week if possible.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The summer isn't a good time to try and do such things anyways. The fall is the best time to kick start going on the road as more people will be tuned into the TV and they may get higher ratings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would love to see TNA put on LIVE specials from the Impact zone, especially the Thursday after a major PPV. I think that would be a great way to pop a rating.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If ratings aren't increasing for the shows they do on the road then, unfortunately for us, it's not in their best interests to leave the IZ. It seems TNA have given up on competing with WWE in the near future and are at peace with being #2 and profitable, which I personally think is the wisest option as it'll save them a lot of money and embarrassment. This won't be the end of shows outside of the IZ of course, but for now they're taking the safe option which we have to respect.
This.

TNA dont need to compete with WWE, not yet anyway. Its impossible for them to do so.

Im sure we might get a couple of Impacts on the road in the next year.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Seeing as they do such horrible buyrates for all their PPV's including the big ones i think TNA should cut down to six PPV's a year and take them on the road as using The Impact Zone for Impact doesn't matter. What matters is that their PPV's look like a supercard thrown in on a weekly Impact because there is the same layout and same people there for everything week in week out for Impact or PPV's.

I say keep Bound For Glory, Lockdown, Slammiversary and three other PPV's and then do them on the road whilst maybe doing a monthly special show on Impact similar to how WCW used to do Clash Of The Champions or like when TNA did The Whole F'n Show a couple of years ago in the pre Immortal days. Hopefully a monthly special Impact will draw good ratings whilst TNA will also have two months to build feuds up well enough for people to buy their PPV's and actually care enough about the feuds but the fact is Eric Bischoff has only ever cared about tv ratings hence why WCW put out horrible PPV's without a lot of their top stars because everything was geared around Nitro and tv.
I think Dixie said once the PPV deal runs out and its time to negotiate a new one, this is what they're going to do.

I would prefer 6 ppvs on the road per year than a few impacts on the road.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Would it be cost effective to just move somewhere else?
What about doing a three month run in four different places a year? Anything to just change up that crowd. That or ya know, putting on a better show so more people want to come watch it.. i guess that could work too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts