Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted or site is blocked, but it seems to be a very interesting layout to say the least (hope these weren't just copied from WNW):

- Thanks to Eric for the following spoilers from tonight’s TNA iMPACT tapings, airing this Thursday on Spike:

* Tara opens the show singing her song with Generation Me as dancers. Mickie James comes out and attacks. Tara goes at it with her until Eric Young comes out. Mickie and Tara fight until they’re broken up. Mickie proposes a steel cage match with Tara tonight.

* Eric Bischoff is furious with Fortune over Dixie Carter’s latest actions with her lawyers and for AJ Styles losing the TV Title. Rhino comes in wanting a contract but gets drug out by Fortune.

* Immortal, minus Jeff Hardy and Hulk Hogan, come out. Bischoff then introduces Hardy and calls out Matt Morgan. Bischoff says Morgan didn’t have a chance because of a bad referee. Morgan vs. Mr. Anderson in a #1 contender’s match is announced. Morgan talks about Anderson not being cleared to wrestle yet. Bischoff doesn’t care.

* Backstage segment with Brother Ray ranting about Team 3D.

* Brother Ray and a fake Brother Devon lose to Ink Inc. Ray attacks the fake Devon after the match.

* The Motor City Machineguns beat Gunner and Murphy by DQ when Murphy used a nightstick.

* Backstage segment with Angelina Love and Velvet Sky. Wynter appears and wishes them luck. Velvet Sky is finally able to see her.

* Segment with Mr. Anderson and Matt Morgan. Anderson says he’s going to wrestle and Morgan doesn’t approve of it.

* Velvet and Angelina beat Daffney and Sarita in a Knockouts Tag Team Title tournament match.

* The Pope’s casket is brought out to the ring. A light shines out of it and a gospel chorus comes out to sing. The Pope, who isn’t seen but can be heard, says Final Resolution was just the beginning and cuts a good promo.

* Douglas Williams defends the TV Title against Abyss. AJ Styles attacked Williams on the stage after the match.

* Jeff Harrett holds a MMA invitational and talks about Final Resolution. Jarrett offers $100,000 to anyone to make him tap out. A man is picked from the crowd but Jarrett makes him tap out. Fans are wanting at Jarrett including one big guy who almost made it in but security stopped him.

* Brother Ray and the fake Devon vs. Ink Inc. is re-taped with the same finish. This time, Brother Devon runs out when Ray attacks the fake Devon after the match.

* Gunner and Murphy vs. The MCMG is also re-taped with the same DQ finish. The Guns beat up Gunner and Murphy with the nightsticks after the match.

* Mickie James defeats Tara in a main event cage match with a Thesz Press off the top of the cage. Great main event but Mickie looked injured. Trainers help them both to the back.

* The Guns, Matt Morgan and Rob Van Dam vs. Beer Money, Jeff Hardy and Abyss is up next. Ric Flair, Immortal and Rob Terry comes out next and Flair cuts a promo. Flair says Terry can be their bodyguard. Eric Bischoff has trainers ready to check out Mr. Anderson. Morgan comes out and argues about Anderson wrestling. Mick Foley comes out and cuts a promo. Foley wants to put everything behind him. Foley isn’t going to let the match happen. Bischoff rips on Foley and that’s pretty much it.

* MCMG, Matt Morgan and RVD beat Hardy, Abyss and Beer Money in the main event.

Credit to: http://www.pwrshow.com/news/31-headlines/13756-spoilers-tna-impact-tapings--december-9th

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Nice to see Foley back after with his book tour stuff finally over with. Not surprised he's part of that angle. With how much he as talked about head injuries in recent interviews. Too bad he doesn't have many more matches left in him(partly due to the head injuries), due to him getting hurt way to easily. His contract runs out in August or so, and isn't going to resign with TNA. So this will likely be Foley final 8-9 month run in TNA, with possibly two or three matches mixed in. Then I fully expect him to go back to WWE to make guest appearances here and there, and maybe have a final match or two before going into the hall of fame.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Looks like another episode of iMPACT i'll skip on

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Sounds good to me and cant wait to see Mickie vs Tara

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
The Flair/Bischoff/Foley promo sounds like a show-killer and I wonder why they had to tape the two matches again? Still not as ridiculous as the Pope's one though. Rest of the show looks average.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I wonder if this musical performance segment will be as bad as last week's. Them doing a cage match kind of makes sense after the PPV finish. Them doing it unadvertised Thursday, however, doesn't. It sounds like it was good a match at least. Hopefully both women end up being OK. GM possibly going from a title feud to a comedy storyline w/ Young looks like a big step down.

After two apparently bad Hardy/Morgan main events, I hope they don't try for the trifecta at Genesis. Adding Anderson and making it a three-way doesn't sound like it'd help matters.

I continue to be confused by the decision to have Devon return and do that promo on last Thursday's show. They really should have held off on that a few weeks.

So the jobber security duo who Joe beat in a 3 minute handicap match a few weeks ago couldn't eat a pin against the tag champs? I wonder if they retaped those two tags because of the performances, because of sudden changes of ideas for post-match angles, or, since they were originally filmed back to back, because of a production problem. If it was the first one, they must have been really bad as TNA has had some terrible TV matches (this year alone), and an Abyss/Rob Terry match and that one Shore tag are the only ones I can recall them retaping due to crappiness.

How many times this year have they done a tournament and stripped people of titles?

It appears they're doing AJ/Doug again at the PPV. That should be great. I hope they don't get saddled with a moronic gimmick.

Rob Terry in the main event heel stable in any capacity sounds like a terrible idea.

I take it the eight-man (and possibly a few other things) was taped for another episode.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
my Prediction for Genesis 2011.

Jeff Hardy(c) vs Matt Morgan vs Mr. Anderson for the tna champion in a 3 way match.

Jeff Jarrett vs Samoa Joe in a I Quit Match.

Mick Foley vs Rob Terry in a falls count anywhere match.

The Motor City Machine Guns(c) vs Beer Money for the tna tag team champion.

The Beautiful People vs Madison and Tara for the Knockouts Tag Team Championships in the Final of the tournament.

Douglas Williams(c) vs AJ Styles for the TNA TV Championship.

Brother Devon vs Brother Ray.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, the Main Event Interview this time sure seems to just...peter out.

Rob Terry in the main event heel stable in any capacity sounds like a terrible idea.
Nah, he can just stand at the back with his arms folded and look muscular. Terry can handle that at least.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
no joe this week? hmm, also didn't winter get involved in that all knockout backstage brawl 2 or 3 weeks ago, so why didn't everyone see her then?

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
The Flair/Bischoff/Foley promo sounds like a show-killer and I wonder why they had to tape the two matches again? Still not as ridiculous as the Pope's one though. Rest of the show looks average.
That Flair/Bischoff/Foley promo sounds similar to a post from the BTB section.

I wonder if this musical performance segment will be as bad as last week's. Them doing a cage match kind of makes sense after the PPV finish. Them doing it unadvertised Thursday, however, doesn't. It sounds like it was good a match at least. Hopefully both women end up being OK. GM possibly going from a title feud to a comedy storyline w/ Young looks like a big step down.

I take it the eight-man (and possibly a few other things) was taped for another episode.
They did the same thing with Gail/Kong in 2008, and Impact got a good rating.

Rob will be just a bodyguard, a real bodyguard, not like when Morgan was in Immortal.

The eight-man tag match was probably for Reaction....

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Jeff Harrett holds a MMA invitational and talks about Final Resolution. Jarrett offers $100,000 to anyone to make him tap out. A man is picked from the crowd but Jarrett makes him tap out. Fans are wanting at Jarrett including one big guy who almost made it in but security stopped him.
:lmao I think this will be hilarious.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Aside from lack of Joe, twas pretty curious. JJ continues to attract heat, but we don't care about you. Return of Daffney to be jobbed. Retaping is lulz.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts