Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TNA Spoilers 12/23 & 1/6

Wrote them myself

4 Way for a shot at the X-Division Championship
Jeremy Buck .vs. Max Buck .vs. Kazarian .vs. Robbie E w/ Cookie

Jay Lethal was on commentary
Weird match full of heels with nobody to get behind.
Kazarian picked up the win with a kneeling back to belly piledriver on Jeremy Buck.

Backstage segment with Sarita & Velvet Sky in a locker room of sorts. Sarita whipped and choked Velvet Sky with a strap and at one point had her hung from a clothes rack. Angelina Love barged in through one door but Sarita kicked her out and closed the door without locking it and then Love came through another door and ran Sarita off.

Knockouts Tag Tournament Final
Tara & Madison Rayne .vs. Angelina Love

Started as a handicap match because of Velvet’s beatdown backstage. Towards the end of the match, Winter came out and filled in for Velvet. She tagged herself into the match and executed an awkward looking swinging side slam for the win.

Jeff Jarrett $100,000 Submission Challenge
Jarrett comes out using Angle’s rise out of the ground entrance and pyro in MMA gear flunked by Gunner, Murphy, and other local talent. He issues his challenge but this time he wants to take on one of the guys from the back. He said Amazing Red caught his eye last week so he calls him out. Amazing Red comes out and the trainer at ringside who is there on Jarrett’s behalf to check on his opponents apparently does something to Red’s eye. Red stumbles into the ring fidgeting with his eye and Jarrett quickly makes Red tap to the Ankle lock.

Teleivision Title Match
15 minute Iron Man Match
AJ Styles .vs. Douglas Williams

Styles picks up one fall after a low blow behind the ref’s back and a Styles Clash. With less than a minute to go, Douglas Williams evens it up with a Chaos Theory. 15 minutes end in a draw. Fans ask for 5 more minutes. Styles has no problem with that request and wants the 5 minutes in hopes of regaining his championship. They restart the match with five more minutes on the clock. The five minutes expire with neither man picking up the victory. AJ Styles gets on the mic, and says people want to see a winner, so he asks Douglas Williams for a match at Genesis. Douglas Williams says that AJ already had his shot. Styles replies that if Douglas Williams wants to call himself a fighting champion, he should give him the match. Douglas Williams complies under one condition, if Williams wins, Styles leaves Fortune. Bischoff comes out and tells Styles and Williams that they’ll have a match at Genesis but the stipulation is that if Styles loses, he is gone not only from Fortune, but TNA for good.

They take away the Christmas decorations in preparation for the 1/6/2011 tapings.

Pope comes out and cuts a promo. He calls out the person who has been video taping him without his consent. Samoa Joe comes out. He tells Pope that he’s not a saint but that he’s a scumbag. That instead of fulfilling his community services, he’s been seen in strip clubs. He accuses Pope of collecting donations but not giving it to the people in need but instead pocketing the money himself. He also says that he hasn’t delivered the puppies he adopted from the animal shelter to the orphanage like he promised. Pope comes back and tells Joe that he shouldn’t be passing judgment on him. That he goes to strip clubs to tell the girls that they don’t have to be doing that line of work, and that he has adopted a pitbull, but that it’s been his best friend when times are tough. Pope ends the promo with his "The Pope has spoken" line.

Strap Match
Sarita .vs. Velvet Sky

Sarita wins by touching four corners before Velvet.

Jeff Jarrett $100,000 Submission Challenge

Another one but this time Jarrett challenges Amazing Red’s baby brother. Red comes out alone and Jarrett asks him what’s the matter, does his brother have stage fright? Jarrett gets on his knees and turns his back to the entrance ramp and tells Red to bring his brother out here. Red’s baby brother comes out, but he’s ripped, tattooed, and bigger than Jarrett. He pats Jarrett on the shoulder and Jarrett turns around not expecting Red’s brother to be so much bigger than Red. I’m not exactly sure who played Red’s brother but he did share some kind of resemblance and his trunks were Red's colors. They fought for a couple of minutes but the challenge was ruled a no contest when Jarrett was pulled out of the ring by Gunner and Murphy while he was locked in an ankle lock by Red's baby brother. Jarrett walked to the back with his flunkies.

Madison Rayne comes out in an evening gown looking like Audrey Hepburn accompanied by four random guys in tuxedoes. They do a cheesy entrance and carry Rayne to the ring and each one of them kisses her hand before leaving. Rayne gets on the mic and runs down Mickie James. Hardcore Country hits and Mickie James comes out. She rips the mic away from Rayne, smacks her in the mouth and tears the evening gown off of Madison Rayne. Madison runs to the back in her underwear embarrassed.

Xplosion Matches
Gunner & Murphy .vs. Ink Inc.
Gunner & Murphy win with a nightstick shot while the ref was distracted.

Sarita .vs. Miss Tessmacher
Sarita wrestles the beginning of the match with a microphone in her hand, demeaning Tessmacher by saying she’s inferior. She lets her have a couple of free shots with her back turned to her, but Sarita easily escapes Tessmacher’s waistlocks with armdrags, etc. That part was entertaining but when Sarita no longer had the microphone, a normal match got underway, and Tessmacher’s greenness showed. Sarita wins with a double underhook powerbomb.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I'm guessing Red's "baby brother" is Tommy Mercer seeing how the indy he works for has been hyping up someone signing with TNA. Can't believe they're going with another Sarita/Velvet match after the last one they did, but Williams/AJ sounds very good.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I don't get the point of them not doing the tapings in order.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing Red's "baby brother" is Tommy Mercer seeing how the indy he works for has been hyping up someone signing with TNA. Can't believe they're going with another Sarita/Velvet match after the last one they did, but Williams/AJ sounds very good.
Yeah, I just looked him up and he fits the bill. The Sarita/Velvet match was not good at all. The strap actually came off of Sarita's wrist two times during the match. Styles and Williams was good but there wasn't too much of a sense of urgency at the end which hurt it a bit.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yeah, I just looked him up and he fits the bill. The Sarita/Velvet match was not good at all. The strap actually came off of Sarita's wrist two times during the match. Styles and Williams was good but there wasn't too much of a sense of urgency at the end which hurt it a bit.
How about the X division match, did it get a decent amount of time? Also, was it entertaining

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I guess they're trying to not spoil the results of Genesis or keep people guessing but all it does is confuse them and causes more problems putting the show together then helps. Also the crowds tend to be deader as the week goes on.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The X-Division match was pretty short. They should've included at least one good guy for the fans to get behind. Generation Me got their spots in, but otherwise, it was easily forgettable.
Sucks to hear that, but I'm glad we get an X division 4 way on impact again. But if you ask me, it would've made more sense to have the match be Kazarian vs Red vs Robbie vs Shannon Moore. Two faces, two heels. And give the match like 8-10 minutes.

Also, I', glad to see the X and TV belts getting focus. I'm not a fan of the Bischoff/Hogan era, but at least all of TNA's titles seem to have a fairly decent amount of focus on them now.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
The Iron Man Match sounds fun, but its kinda backwards. You go from Iron Man match to a regular match at the PPV. Usually its the other way around.

Apparently Samoa Joe is back, they taped a segment with him and The Pope. Something about that Joe has followed him around with a video camera to show what a liar Pope is or something like that, I dont know.
Pretty much setting up a match between them at Genesis. So FINALLY one of them is gonna pick up a win!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
You know what adds credibility to titles? Stripping them from a team who hasn't appeared on TV in months and holding a four team tournament where half the field are teams who've never tagged before, and the tournament winners are a team who've not only never tagged before, but was formed halfway through the finals after a member of the original team was taken out prior to the match. Are they really breaking up the Beautiful People less than three months after putting them back together?

That AJ/Williams match sounds good. The idea of a 15 Minute Iron Man match is comical, as is them doing a Title vs. Career match on a PPV whose promotional materials feature a guy who lost a Title vs. Career match two months ago, and will see a singles match between two guys who had a retirement match one month ago. Oh, and three weeks before said PPV, Mick Foley, who was "fired" earlier this year only to randomly be "rehired" months later, will appear on TV as will Tara, who lost a Title vs. Career match this year only to return three months later. Do they honestly expect people to care about that stip?

I was thinking they were going to have everyone in Immortal but AJ win their PPV matches in order to continue AJ's teased face turn, but them doing another fake firing stip that's immediately not enforced is overkill. They could have AJ be the only guy who wins and further his turn that way, but I don't expect them to do that.

I think Hardy's court date yesterday and the Machine Guns working New Japan this weekend, which probably forced TNA to tape all those guys' segments for the month on Monday & Tuesday, and Flair appearing at a football game during tonight's tapings has a lot to do with these shows appearing to be taped out of order more than normal for a set of tapings where TNA films a month's worth of shows in a week.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I really don't want AJ to turn face, but at the same time, I don't think they'll end Douglas' reign so soon, so it's quite the dilemma. Plus, it seems as if this storyline is wrapping up a little to early with these face turns. the tide is turning way too quickly, I know the angle is supposebly going to end at LockDown, but I really wanted to see Fortune grow to be the main stable in TNA (minus a power struggle angle involved of course). They could've been just a genuinely entertaining heel stable. But alas, TNA always has to revert AJ back to being a face. But if he's a face, at least he'll get the Heavyweight Belt back as a result probably.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
I really want to see Juan Styles :lmao

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
So Joe resigned with TNA?

Anyway, looks like it's gonna be Joe vs Pope at Genesis. Should be good.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,002 Posts
So, Styles loses, gets beaten down by Fortune/berated by Flair, then officially fired by Bischoff. A month later he's brought back by Dixie and leads her group against Immortal, possibly taking the belt from Hardy in a few months time. Not in any way predictable....

And i was so hoping that Fortune would stay the way they are now till at least mid 2011.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts