Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely post here but this is the last straw what kind of performance was that from Hardy. At first when Hogan and Bishoff came I liked it. But it got dumber every month I dont have Spike TV so I watch TNA on free show websites. I haven't watched it in a good 8 months now and I follow up on things by updates.

I couldn't believe ratings were going up but the paper views are awful. TNA has more talent than anything in WWE. WWE has a couple guys who can wrestle and have a hype guy like Cena and Orton and CM punk. TNA has guys who can wrestle and have potentials to be as big as those guys when it comes to hyping things up.

Just let go of Eric and Hogan and bring in Heyman. IDC if the whole TNA roster is gone just keep AJ-Joe-Sting-Scott-Pope-and the talented wrestler. This is ridiculous lets see what Paul can do and maybe TNA will be more noticed. The stage and advertising needs to get better. And Why haven't they renewed the Joe vs Kurt matches.....WHY IS FLAIR WRESTLING!!

· Registered
553 Posts
Too late. They lost their chance with Heyman by not offering him what he wanted (complete creative control and eventual partial ownership, IIRC), and re-signed Hogan and Bischoff just a few months ago.

They should have done it at the time, but they didn't.

· Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I really don't see the rational behind NOT hiring Heyman at this point. I guess they can't now with Hogan/Bischoff resigning.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
They don't need Heyman. They just need to hire someone with a fully functional brain.
I disagree. They definitely do need Heyman. He is quite possibly the best booker in wrestling history, and that is exactly what is needed to repair the damage done by Russo.

· Premium Member
2,950 Posts
They don't need Heyman. They just need to hire someone with a fully functional brain.
Have you read the spoilers for this week? A fully functioning brain won't pull them out of this one.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean come on. If I'm the gm u must advertise more and make better match ups while making the staduim bigger. Add more fire works and lighting. New ring announcer and commentators.

Those things is what made wwe better. The ring announcer was better, commentators the lighiting the athomspher. Every lil things helped. They didn't even use raven right

· GIANTS
8,520 Posts
Too late. They lost their chance with Heyman by not offering him what he wanted (complete creative control and eventual partial ownership, IIRC), and re-signed Hogan and Bischoff just a few months ago.

They should have done it at the time, but they didn't.
Huh? Heyman not only wanted complete control, he also wanted the power to hire/fire which didn't sit well with Dixie. Also Hogan/Bischoff haven't resigned they are still currently on the deals they signed in October 2009.

· Registered
561 Posts
Im not diagreeing with any of you at all because I was really young when ECW was around. But how is Paul Heyman considered the best booker? Wasn't ECW basically in the same position if not worse postion then TNA is in right now? I mean werent all there shows in the same arena and there rating were low and then they closed down operations and its been said that Heyman did not pay wrestlers in full compensation, I mean that sounds like a pretty bad booker in terms of the business aspect.

On the other hand he is pretty creative...and I like the guy as well.

not trying to argue but if someone can just fill me in that would be great..thanks

· Registered
12,980 Posts
Im not diagreeing with any of you at all because I was really young when ECW was around. But how is Paul Heyman considered the best booker? Wasn't ECW basically in the same position if not worse postion then TNA is in right now? I mean werent all there shows in the same arena and there rating were low and then they closed down operations and its been said that Heyman did not pay wrestlers in full compensation, I mean that sounds like a pretty bad booker in terms of the business aspect.

On the other hand he is pretty creative...and I like the guy as well.

not trying to argue but if someone can just fill me in that would be great..thanks
When WWE and WCW raped your roster(and kept the same gimmicks) its hard for you to compete. Raven,Tazz,Dudleyz,Saturn,Jericho,Richards,Awesome,Sandman,Storm,Blue Meanie,etc. It got to a point where he had make Justin Credible his top guy. Plus, the problem with ECW was not booking it was Heyman spending. Using real music and all the little stuff. Buying tv time and this was without a Panda. ECW did this on ECW money.

Smackdown six which also included the elevation of Brock Lesnar on the same show was the greatest booking run of any company in the last 10 years. Fans at the time actually love the wrestling aspect and it became bigger than Raw.

I don't care if Heyman comes in or not, all I want is for Russo to go.

· Premium Member
9,987 Posts
They seriously should've went with Heyman over Hogan/Bischoff. The man took a company out of a bingo hall and made some serious waves in the wrestling world in which their main contenders (WWF & WCW) were backed by some serious cash. Instead they went the WCW route...it's seriously the 90s all over again except with different players.

Heyman can handle creative and hiring/firing, just keep him away from the financial end.

· Registered
10,468 Posts
They blew thier chance with Heyman and decided to stick with the Hogan/Bischoff/Russo direction. You diddn't need to be a psychic to know how that was going to turn out.

· Registered
553 Posts
Huh? Heyman not only wanted complete control, he also wanted the power to hire/fire which didn't sit well with Dixie.
I'd think that would be quite logical. The whole point of Heyman coming in was firstly to take the company in a new direction, phasing out the older wrestlers, and to have a unified and planned creative direction. If he has no say in the wrestlers he is writing for, then his ability to go in a particular direction is limited.

Also Hogan/Bischoff haven't resigned they are still currently on the deals they signed in October 2009.
It was fairly widely reported that they took pay cuts in January this year. I'm pretty sure I recall Bischoff saying that the contract was option-based after the first year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.