Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t let him get away. It’s an impassioned plea from a fan, but even objectively speaking, you couldn’t begrudge him a single dollar. Here we had a legend doing a job as an enhancement talent. There were guys needlessly getting paid big and over pushed, while he copped his fate. I think you could count on one hand guys that have toppled from the top of the perch in such a short period of time (he was the NWA WHC in ’05 FFS), and still accepted the shit handed to him. You’ve got to love a guy like that.

Every company he’s been in has bungled him in some way, never maximising his talent. He has shown his versatility with an impressive turn as a commentator in the WWF; he could also make a great mouthpiece and booker. I’d still book a Raven/Sting feud which I’m certain would be significantly better than anything in TNA today. Clean him up, give him a nice new look (I remember a cool looking jacket with shoulder flaps that he never wore to the ring), and give us that one final fling to draw an end to his in ring TNA career. I would even suggest that a good showing with Sting would place him in good stead to give one of the talented but inexperienced guys a ‘rub’ on the way out (or maybe even two). It’s unfortunate that his body has let him down. But that shouldn’t be the end of him.

·
Registered
260 Posts
raven on commentary instead of taz would be sweet.
i think he should let his in-ring days behind him and finally focus on getting a role backstage, he could do anything from booking to writing to agent.

·
Registered
919 Posts
TNA had him for many years and now it's time to move on. Based on Ravens last run in the company he didn't deserve a spot on TNAs already large roster, Ravens role is better used by someone like Stevie Richards.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
They should bring in another Raven's Flock stable and use it better than WCW did to actually elevate guys in the end. There's guys like Ink Inc and Amazing Red who aren't really being used and could go in, it would also be a good opportunity to bring in some fresh talent. A guy like Jimmy Jacobs would fit in well.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
As an in ring worker, Raven can't cut it anymore. As ac behind the scenes guy, he has the knowledge to play a role but I'm guessing he's difficult to work with and would have a tendency to push the certain wrong people, that's why nobody has hired him in any formal backstage role as of yet.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Don’t let him get away. It’s an impassioned plea from a fan, but even objectively speaking, you couldn’t begrudge him a single dollar. Here we had a legend doing a job as an enhancement talent. There were guys needlessly getting paid big and over pushed, while he copped his fate. I think you could count on one hand guys that have toppled from the top of the perch in such a short period of time (he was the NWA WHC in ’05 FFS), and still accepted the shit handed to him. You’ve got to love a guy like that.

Every company he’s been in has bungled him in some way, never maximising his talent. He has shown his versatility with an impressive turn as a commentator in the WWF; he could also make a great mouthpiece and booker. I’d still book a Raven/Sting feud which I’m certain would be significantly better than anything in TNA today. Clean him up, give him a nice new look (I remember a cool looking jacket with shoulder flaps that he never wore to the ring), and give us that one final fling to draw an end to his in ring TNA career. I would even suggest that a good showing with Sting would place him in good stead to give one of the talented but inexperienced guys a ‘rub’ on the way out (or maybe even two). It’s unfortunate that his body has let him down. But that shouldn’t be the end of him.
:) man, I feel ya, word for word

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
COmmentator, manager go for it. Wrestler no need nothing you can do with him.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd be all up for Raven to come back as anything but a wrestler. The guy is extremely talented. Why he never got moved to agent/writer/booker/manager I feel is criminal. Even commentary would've been levels better than the Taz/Tenay combo imo.
Maybe he didn't want to do those jobs or maybe it was politics, or maybe they just didn't care about him in that respect, I don't know sadly.

Unfortunately though, it seems Dixie has her own plans which probably result in her spending more money than needed while at the same time she could've got jobs done better using her money more wisely but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
As a manager yes, but as a an active wrestler no. The guy is almost 50 years old. He is a legend in some circles, but not a legend like Sting or Flair. I like Raven but he is expendable and should retire.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Im totally with you! Hes awesome.
He is jeff Hardys future, like looking in a weird aging mirror!

·
Registered
633 Posts
He definitely could do with hanging up the boots in ring. However Raven deserves to be around TNA in some role.

·
Registered
592 Posts
As an in ring worker, Raven can't cut it anymore. As ac behind the scenes guy, he has the knowledge to play a role but I'm guessing he's difficult to work with and would have a tendency to push the certain wrong people, that's why nobody has hired him in any formal backstage role as of yet.
He has workd in backstage roles in the past in both ECW and WWE aand did great... just saying

·
Banned
315 Posts
Raven's an overweight, drug addict who's pushing 50 and has never drawn a dime.

Not exactly what TNA needs to grow as a company.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
The guy doesn't seem to be able to keep a job. He's been with TNA several times and hasn't been able to stick with them. I don't know why they'd give him yet another chance.

Raven is Raven's biggest enemy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts