Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend who is a professional wrestling analyst says TNA should change it's name.

I agree.

TNA, while yeah, changing the name might confuse some viewers, might make loyal viewers pissed, etc. etc. really has a bad stigma to it that will never change to some people. TNA should be trying to get all the viewers it can get. Perhaps TNA should just change it's name other acronym? This could also spark a new era similar to when WCW left the NWA.

TEA: Total Entertainment Wrestling
WWC: World Wrestling Corporation
MLW: Major League Wrestling
NWL: National Wrestling League
WEW: World Entertainment Wrestling
JJWE: Jeff Jarret's Wrestling Experience (If he gets power)
WWC: World Wrestling Classic
TTW: Top Talent Wrestling

etc. etc.

Do you agree? Does TNA need to change? If you could change TNA to another acronym, what would it be?

·
LOOK AT THE ADJECTIVE
1,084 Posts
No, but if they were to, no fucking W's. I like how it is TNA Wrestling as the company, the W in wrestling does not have to be part of the acronym. Sick of hearing DUBYAH DUBYAH E, E SEE DUBYAH, DUBYAH SEE DUBYAH.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you are going to change the acronym the only realistic choice would be FTW. It is relevant and still has some edge to it. I'll leave you all to figure out the best wording. Full Throttle Wrestling is one possible choice, but thats probably taken. You get the idea through. Thank me later.

Besides that, I like TNA.

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
I love these threads.

First, the wrestling analyst friend I assume is just some dude posting on a forum that thinks he knows something like the rest of us here. Secondly, ruining 11 years of brand build up to change it to a generic name of World Wrestling Corporation or Top Talent Wrestling would be very idiotic.

5,111 Posts
My friend who is a professional wrestling analyst says TNA should change it's name.

[snip]

TEA: Total Entertainment Wrestling
WWC: World Wrestling Corporation
MLW: Major League Wrestling
NWL: National Wrestling League
WEW: World Entertainment Wrestling
JJWE: Jeff Jarret's Wrestling Experience (If he gets power)
WWC: World Wrestling Classic
TTW: Top Talent Wrestling

etc. etc.
TEA?

Seriously?

:ti

Yeah, that’ll save them.

What's wrong with just calling it TNA?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts