Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hogan cannot be on more than $520,000 per annum as a non-wrestling on-screen personality.
Sting and Kurt Angle shouldn't be on more than $390,000 per annum for a maximum of 12 times per year in the ring and mainly as on-screen personalities.
I'd look to bring in Tommy Dreamer in a backstage role and on-screen role. $260,000 per annum should be enough for Tommy.

Just over $1million per annum to cover old school fans of WWF, WCW and ECW. Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wonder how much my boo, Aj Styles gets paid?

Also how much do the Knockouts get paid? I want to know that Gail Kim and Mickie James get paid good, I like them.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
I was under the impression that Hogan made slightly under a million a year.

Before you complain about the salaries these guys are making you need to see their merch #'s.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I saw somewhere posted Hogan gets 30k per week = 1.5 mill a year.
It's 30,000 an appearance. Spike pays half of it and it'd be bi weekly because he's only making one appearance a fortnight.

He'd make probably about 400,000 a year from TNA, 400,000 from Spike and then throw in the 4 PPV's in which TNA would be paying and you have almost a million dollars a year.

Not that bad considering OP wants to pay Tommy Dreamer 260,000 dollars a year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's 30,000 an appearance. Spike pays half of it and it'd be bi weekly because he's only making one appearance a fortnight.

He'd make probably about 400,000 a year from TNA, 400,000 from Spike and then throw in the 4 PPV's in which TNA would be paying and you have almost a million dollars a year.

Not that bad considering OP wants to pay Tommy Dreamer 260,000 dollars a year.
Dreamer can do it all, on-screen, backstage. Agent, head of talent relations, creative. Plus he's an ECW figurehead...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If anyone in TNA makes more than $250k a year they are way overpaid. No wonder TNA is in financial trouble.

If you reduced the salaries of some of the bigger names and they walked, where would they go to make even $250k? Answer: no where.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Dreamer can do it all, on-screen, backstage. Agent, head of talent relations, creative. Plus he's an ECW figurehead...
To be fair apart from his ECW work he's never stood out to me on screen, backstage he was always an assistant, Agent I'll give you, Head of Talent I'll give you and I've never known him to be overly involved in creative but that could of happened in WWECW.

ECW Figurehead. Who cares?

If anyone in TNA makes more than $250k a year they are way overpaid. No wonder TNA is in financial trouble.

If you reduced the salaries of some of the bigger names and they walked, where would they go to make even $250k? Answer: no where.
If we assume Sting, Hardy and Angle are three making over 250k a year they could probably all return/debut in/to WWE. A guy like Sting, Hardy or Angle could make a killing in the indies though. I hear Kevin Nash nets about 100k a year in indy booking fee's and he's not even actively looking for it.

Not to mention the merchandise these guys could move in the indies.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
No wrestler in TNA should make more than 100k a year. The average salary of a software engineer that works 40+ hours a week is 75k, so for a wrestler that works 3-6 shows (+ travel time) a month, 100k is VERY good. And they also make extra money from selling autographs, special appearances and merchandise.

There was a time wrestlers made a 'normal' amount of money, but that changed when the monday night war started, with both companies outbidding eachother to sign all the talent. But there is no use for that anymore.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If we assume Sting, Hardy and Angle are three making over 250k a year they could probably all return/debut in/to WWE. A guy like Sting, Hardy or Angle could make a killing in the indies though. I hear Kevin Nash nets about 100k a year in indy booking fee's and he's not even actively looking for it.

Sting might have made a successful run in the WWE even 5 years ago. Now? No.

Hardy would be good for a few initial pops and then we'd be bored of him. Same for Angle. These guys are way past their prime, they add very little to any wrestling organization beyond name recognition.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
No wrestler in TNA should make more than 100k a year. The average salary of a software engineer that works 40+ hours a week is 75k, so for a wrestler that works 3-6 shows (+ travel time) a month, 100k is VERY good. And they also make extra money from selling autographs, special appearances and merchandise.

There was a time wrestlers made a 'normal' amount of money, but that changed when the monday night war started, with both companies outbidding eachother to sign all the talent. But there is no use for that anymore.
Difference between an entertainer and a software engineer though is thousands of people will pay x amount of dollars countless times to see an entertainer. That is why Brad Pitt gets 15 million dollars a movie or whatever because the film company knows he's going to make them that.

Software Engineer can't do that. Hence the entertainers of the world make big money and others do not. It's also very hard to be a successful entertainer so the 250k or so a year is probably justified.

Sting might have made a successful run in the WWE even 5 years ago. Now? No.

Hardy would be good for a few initial pops and then we'd be bored of him. Same for Angle. These guys are way past their prime, they add very little to any wrestling organization beyond name recognition.
36 year old Jeff Hardy and 44 year old Kurt Angle are past their prime? Let me guess, you're all for TNA pushing Bad Influence though, right?

All because someone is older does not mean they are past their prime. Ric Flair said in a RF Shoot that Kurt Angle is the best worker in the world today. He's 44 but he can still go. Ditto for Hardy.

Hell, Even Sting (Who is past his prime) can have a good match if need be.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Difference between an entertainer and a software engineer though is thousands of people will pay x amount of dollars countless times to see an entertainer. That is why Brad Pitt gets 15 million dollars a movie or whatever because the film company knows he's going to make them that.
Yeah, you have a good point there. And naturally a wrestler has a higher injury rate for which they have to pay their own medical bills, so a wrestler should get a little bit extra. But still...most wrestlers in TNA only work a few days in a month, 100k would be a very good salary. I think Gail Kim moved from TNA to WWE a few years ago for 90k a year, so appearently she also thought the 90k-100k range is very nice for a wrestler.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Styles is probably on the same pay as a WWE midcarder right now. He's been around for so long. He probably doesn't come close to Sting, Angle, Hardy, Bully Ray and Hogan though.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
To be fair apart from his ECW work he's never stood out to me on screen, backstage he was always an assistant, Agent I'll give you, Head of Talent I'll give you and I've never known him to be overly involved in creative but that could of happened in WWECW.

Nash said the reason he still does indies is because the way he was raised 'You never know when the $ will run out' the quote is, which is respectable

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

*Sorry, Double post

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Nash said the reason he still does indies is because the way he was raised 'You never know when the $ will run out' the quote is, which is respectable in my eyes
wow nash is a bigger idiot than I thought
Before you complain about the salaries these guys are making you need to see their merch #'s.
can you display the proof for us?

·
Registered
426 Posts
wow nash is a bigger idiot than I thought
Is he??!! Why's that?? That's the wisest thing a business man can say in his position.

your idiot comment is sheer ignorance.

Personally I think he does it also out of charity for his close friends Hall and Pac who don't do so well in their personally lives financially.

which would still not make him an idiot.

·
Registered
426 Posts
This was a report 4 years ago from PowerSlam Magazine.
However only estimated. it also looks unrealistic. but you have to accept we have been deluded into thinking TNA is in financial trouble.. they're not. they're trying to stick to a budget that Panda Energy has set. Panda Energy is 3-4 times larger and richer than the WWE.

TNA:

Abyss-$350,000
AJ Styles-$350,000
Alex Shelley-$150,000
Andrew Thomas-$75,000
Angelina Love-$60,000
Awesome Kong-$100,000
BG James-$250,000
Black Reign-$200,000
Booker T-$450,000
Brother Devon-$300,000
Brother Ray-$300,000
Chris Sabin-$150,000
Christian Cage-$450,000
Christy Hemme-$75,000
Consequences(Austin Creed)-$75,000
Curry Man(Christopher Daniels)-$300,000
David Penzer-$75,000
Don West-$150,000
Earl Hebner-$150,000
Eric Young-$200,000
Frank Trigg-$200,000
Gail Kim-$100,000
Hector Guerrero-$100,000
Hernandez-$200,000
Homicide-$200,000
Jacqueline-$75,000
James Storm-$200,000
Jay Lethal-$150,000
Jeff Jarrett-$750,000(vice-president of TNA)
Jeremy Borash-$200,000
Jim Cornette-$250,000
Jimmy Rave-$75,000
Johnny Devine-$100,000
Kaz-$200,000
Karen angle-$100,000
Kevin Nash-$450,000
Kip James-$250,000
Kurt Angle-$650,000
Lance Hoyt-$150,000
Matt Morgan-$200,000
Mike Tenay-$200,000
ODB-$75,000
Petey Williams-$150,000
Raisha Saeed-$50,000
Rhaka Khan-$50,000
Rhino-$350,000
Robert Roode-$250,000
Roxxi Laveaux-$60,000
Rudy Charles-$100,000
Salinas-$50,000
Samoa Joe-$350,000
Scott Steiner-$350,000
Shark Boy-$100,000
Sharmell-$75,000
So Cal Val-$60,000
Sonjay Dutt-$100,000
Sting-$500,000 (Has to make 12 Impact,8 PPV and 8 House show appearances)
Tomko-$300,000
Traci Brooks-$100,000
Velvet Sky-$50,000
Willie Urbina-$75,000

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
36 year old Jeff Hardy and 44 year old Kurt Angle are past their prime? Let me guess, you're all for TNA pushing Bad Influence though, right?

All because someone is older does not mean they are past their prime. Ric Flair said in a RF Shoot that Kurt Angle is the best worker in the world today. He's 44 but he can still go. Ditto for Hardy.

Hell, Even Sting (Who is past his prime) can have a good match if need be.
Hardy is a high flier, at 36 he is showing severe signs of wear. I try to watch TNA every week and I usually ff through Hardy matches because they are boring now. You can only do spots for so long before they take a toll on you.

Angle, maybe.

Sting is definitely name recognition only. Anyone who wrestles in a faded t-shirt and tights from the 80s needs to reassess themselves.

As for Bad Influence? Don't care for them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts