Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday, May 13, TNA presents "Sacrifice" live on Pay-Per-View and online at TNAOnDemand.com from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida!

The Card So Far:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Rob Van Dam vs. Champion Bobby Roode

Kurt Angle vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Daniels and Kazarian vs. Champions Samoa Joe & Magnus

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson

Bully Ray vs. X Division Champion Austin Aries

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim

·
Banned
380 Posts
Looks like a good B PPV. It has a nice card but still my thoughts are on Slammiversary more than this.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
In terms of match quality, this seems like a pretty damn good show. If I could choose, I'd put a stipulation on RVD/Roode because I doubt Roode can carry RVD to a great singles match tbh. Other than his matches against Jerry Lynn at Destination X and BFG, I don't think Rob has had one good singles match in TNA.

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr Anderson shall be good. It's nice to see Anderson put some effort in because he didn't seem quite right after his main event run last summer. He just seemed to not give a shit for whatever reason and now he's lost that little bit of fat and he generally seems motivated again, which is only good news because he is a great performer. The same applies to Jeff Hardy also, the dude has been great in ring since returning and tbh he's never looked healthier. Should be a good match, even if the build-up towards it hasn't been amazing.

AJ vs. Kurt will be good, as it always has been. No doubt it will probably be a spot fest and more of a filler for AJ as he moves on to the end of his feud with Kazarian and Daniels heading in to Slammiversary, but whatever. These two have never disappointing when they've been given time to go up against each other, and even if the build up is lacking, the match it's self will more than make up for it. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Angle "officially" turned face in this match, maybe with a post match handshake and hug with AJ, of maybe helping AJ after an assault from Kaz/Daniels? I have a feeling Roode will be feuding with Angle and Anderson during the summer.

Kazarian and Daniels vs. Joe and Magnus will be a fun little match. Daniels has been great on impact recently, and we all know all four men can go. Both teams have chemistry and Kazarian, Daniels and Joe are all very familiar with one another. That's not to rule out Magnus either, he's a very solid competitor in his own right and will add an interesting aspect to the match. Should be good, even if it is very filler'esque.

Aries and Ray have been the two standout stars in Impact over the past 3-4 months or so, for various reasons. Their promos, their segments and their matches have been great and now the two are feuding, it's even better. Their segment on this week's impact was great and this is the highlight match on the card for me. I'm hoping Ray gets the win here so we see Aries win the final match at Slammiversary before he can return back to the X-Division, drop the belt and hopefully move on up in to the upper-midcard/main event scene.

Finally, as much as I can't stand Brooke's in-ring skills, I applaud TNA on what they're doing with her. They're giving her the ball and she's running with it and to be fair she's not done a bad job and Gail isn't carrying her whatsoever. I really doubt she's going to win the title but at least they're pushing someone else other than Velvet or Mickie, which I would normally expect of TNA. It won't be a stellar match but it gives Brooke some of the spotlight and keeps Gail looking strong heading in to Slammiversary where hopefully she'll be put in to a meaningful feud.

So here's some predictions.

Bobby Roode vs. Rob Van Dam
It's obvious this is filler for Roode as he rolls in to Slammiversary. This is the easiest match on the card simply because of that. RVD has no momentum and he's literally came from nowhere to be put in to this match so the champ retaining is probably the safest bet here. If Rob Van Dam wins then I will facepalm harder than any other facepalm in the history of facepalming.
Winner: Bobby Roode

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr Anderson
Jeff Hardy has had his opportunities against Roode in recent months and has taken up a fair amount of main event time. I'm thinking he'll probably be a part of the BFG series to add some serious star quality to it and make it feel legit, which they didn't quite do last year. I'm also expecting Anderson to be keeping Roode busy, alongside Angle, throughout the summer heading in to BFG where "hopefully" Storm will be challenging. So for that reason, I'm going for Anderson.
Winner: Mr Anderson

AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle
I genuinely don't have a clue. Like Anderson, I'm thinking Kurt will be feuding with Roode over the summer so he will get more to gain out of this than AJ, who is stuck in his feud with Kaz and Daniels and will probably be a filler in the BFG series. But then again I'm thinking that Kaz and Daniels will interfere, attack AJ and therefor AJ will win via interference, thus prompting an attack and a subsequent face turn by Angle. Yeah, that sounds best.
Winner: AJ Styles via Interference

Kaz and Daniels vs. Joe and Magnus
Seems very filler to me, and Kaz and Daniels don't need the titles yet due to their feud with AJ. So Joe and Magnus retain, I suppose.
Winners: Joe and Magnus

Austin Aries vs. Bully Ray
This is the match that I'm most interested in. On one hand, you have Aries, who despite being X-Division Champion, is having another PPV match that doesn't revolve around the title it's self and just making the whole division an afterthought. So with that in mind, he could win and then just return to the X-Division and have a meaningful feud and title match at Slammiversary for the title. Or you could ahve Bully Ray win, keep this amazing feud going and then have Aries win the final match at Slammiversary, putting over Aries and as a result, putting over the X-Division and belt, somehow.
Winner: Bully Ray

Filler for Kim heading in to Slammiversary, yawn.
Winner: Gail Kim

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Bobby Roode vs. RVD:
This is nothing but a filler feud for Bobby Roode until Storm can mount a comeback in the ring so I'm going with Roode.
Prediction - Bobby Roode

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles
Every time they wrestle it is an awesome match. Angle is a great wrestler and so is AJ. Kurt apparently still is injured so I'm going with AJ to win.
Prediction - AJ Styles

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr Anderson
Ermm what? 1 minute there tag team partners and then the next week there getting annoused to fight? This is basiccly just a rematch from 2010's Sacrifice.
Prediction - Jeff Hardy

Daniels and Kazarian vs. Samoa Joe & Magnus
I personally have no intrest in seeing this match as it was just stuck on the card. It's werid because 3 out of the 4 wrestlers in this match have great history in the match.. Daniels, Kaz and Joe so that should keep my eyes open.
Prediction - Samoa Joe and Magnus

Bully Ray vs. Austin Aires
Aires is getting a main event push for something and I'd hate to see it dropped by Bully Ray who doesn't deseve to squash aires.
Prediction - Austin Aires

Gail Kim vs. Brooke Tesmacher
Who the heck is Tesmacher? Oh I know.. that women who no body cares about... just like this matchup!
Prediction - Gail Kim.
-----------------------------
What ever happens, Kurt vs. AJ will steel the show.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
No gimmick matches, WE WANT RUSSO! just kidding...

The card is pretty solid with AA vs Bully Ray being the match that stands out.
One question, now that the TV title is defended on TV (no shit) does that mean no more robbie E/d-von on ppv?

Gail Kim vs. Brooke Tesmacher
Who the heck is Tesmacher? Oh I know.. that women who no body cares about... just like this matchup!
Come on, she's a decent worker with great attributes...

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
TNA Sacrifice - Jeff Hardy vs. Mr Anderson

At TNA Sacrifice, Jeff Hardy and Mr Anderson will wrestle in a match.
--------------------------
This match is also a rematch from 2 years ago as Hardy and Anderson wrestled at TNA Sacrifice 2010. It should be a good match I suppouse but I think that Jeff Hardy will win.
--------------------------
Prediction - Jeff Hardy

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
No gimmick matches, WE WANT RUSSO! just kidding...

The card is pretty solid with AA vs Bully Ray being the match that stands out.
One question, now that the TV title is defended on TV (no shit) does that mean no more robbie E/d-von on ppv?

Come on, she's a decent worker with great attributes...
I'd rather see Velvet Sky or Mickie James wrestle.

·
Finally...
5,982 Posts
Card looks pretty good for a filler,Theres 2 matches that stand out for me thoses being Aries/Bully Ray and Styles/Angle...Theses two match will be both Awesome with Aries v Bully Ray both doing there usual awesomeness and Aj v Angle being a spotfest like no other...As for the rest of the Card its just all filler so anyway heres my Predictions:

Rob Van Dam vs. Champion Bobby Roode
Its just another stop on the road to Bound for Glory to were Roode going to lose the title to storm so this is a easy one...Winner = Roode

Kurt Angle vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
As I said above this match is going to be a complete and utter Spotfest Probably a 4/5 match and match of the night,As for the winner tho its pretty hard to predict so I just gonna give a guess and say Kaz/Daniels will get involed and the match will be thrown out/No winner

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Daniels and Kazarian vs. Champions Samoa Joe & Magnus
Theres one real point for this match another than just having the tag titles on the ppv,anyway the match should be decent but its pretty obvious who's going to win tho with Kaz/Daniels not needing and are not really pushing towards getting them so Winners = Joe/Magnus

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson
Should be another decent match Anderson should really turn completely turn heel here if they want this feud(What ever it is I'm not really sure)to go on any longer Winner = Anderson

Bully Ray vs. X Division Champion Austin Aries
Now theses two have been just Excellent for I dont know how long but this is defintly challange Aj/Angle for match of the night.I really want to see an Aries win to push him even more towards the Main Event Winner = Aries

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Even tho Brooke is not the best wrestler I would kinda like to see one else hold the Title...Gail title reign hasnt been great imo I'm tired of seeing Mickie or velvet challanging for the title so I hope Tna actually give Brooke the chance and let her win the title Winner = Brooke Tessmacher

Guessing theres probably gonna be a tv title match aswell

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Like I said in other threads, this show pretty much screams B PPV based on its build up.

KNOCKOUT CHAMPIONSHIP
Gail Kim -c- Vs. Brooke Tessmacher
- They spend months building up Gail Vs. Velvet, and now that the match is over, they just rushed Gail into another title match by giving somebody who wasn't even being used beforehand three straight non title victories on TV just for the sake of having a title match on PPV. Why not just have a Knockouts grudge match or a Contenders match and build that to the PPV instead of just rushing another title match to PPV? Anyways, I guess we'll see how much Brooke has improved in the ring with this match. I think it would be stupid if Gail lost the title in this situation, so I'll pick her to retain.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Samoa Joe & Magnus -c- Vs. Christopher Daniels & Kazarian
- I hate how guys get title shots just by attacking the champs post match or just for being mad at them. How many matches have Daniels & Kazarian won as a team? None by my count, and yet they are the number one contenders for the tag titles on PPV. Go figure. Anyways, it is clear that AJ Vs. Daniels is going to HOPEFULLY come to an end at Slammiversary and they are biding their time until then with this match. I think it could be a good match, but there isn't a whole lot going on creatively to really warrant it. Like Gail, it would be dumb for Joe & Magnus to lose the titles here, so I'll pick them to retain.

REMATCH FROM IMPACT
AJ Styles Vs. Kurt Angle
- Like I said before, AJ is in an angle with Daniels that will come to a head and Slammiversary, so this is story filler basically. Also, I've seen these two wrestle each other a lot, and throwing it out there with pretty much no story outside of it being a rematch from a recent Impact isn't going to create much interest. The match could be good based on their abilities and what they've done in the past, but it doesn't have anything going for it besides that. I will pick Kurt Angle to win to push him up to eventually face Roode for the title, maybe as soon as Slammiversary.

GRUDGE MATCH
X Division Champion Austin Aries Vs. Bully Ray
- This is the best feud heading into this PPV, pretty much by default. And this one is sort of doing the biding their time deal for Slammiversary really well. Bully Ray is probably going to have a match with Joseph Parks/Abyss at Slammy, but while they build that up, they've given him a strong rivalry with Aries. The interactions between these characters have been great and Aries has come into his own for this thing. I think these two could have a good match too, so here's hoping for the best. I am going to pick Austin Aries to win.

BATTLE OF TOP CONTENDERS
Jeff Hardy Vs. Mr. Anderson
- You know, they did the whole thing on OFN where they were a team that couldn't get along, but why exactly are these two babyfaces at each other's throats? Now the obvious answer would be that before his meltdown and while he was a heel, Hardy screwed Anderson out of the title multiple times and he still hasn't forgiven Hardy. But they haven't played up anything much at all. Its just "Hey, they are two guys that was in the Contenders match and they are mad because they both lost". There really is not much reason for this match all besides giving them both something to do. I believe that TNA is going to do King of the Mountain at Slammy, and these two will be in it. I'll go with Hardy to win because he's the bigger star.

Bobby Roode -c- Vs. Rob Van Dam
- A situation very similar to the KO Title match actually. They spend 6 months building up Storm Vs. Roode, that is over now, and now they are just throwing somebody at Roode just for the sake of having a title match. You could put Hardy or Anderson in the same role as RVD and the build up would be almost the same as opposed to last month where if you took Storm out of the equation, then the whole story is fucked. There isn't much bite here storyline wise. They might be able to have a good match, but again, it would be stupid for Bobby to lose here, so I'll go with him to retain.

The rest of the card might include a TV Title match and maybe a bout for The Machine Guns or the X Division or something. But like I said, the main problem with this show is creative, or lack there of, as there is really not much story at all and they are just rushing something out there just for the sake of having this PPV. The matches themselves? They could be good. I think the Tag Match could be good, AJ/Angle could be good, Hardy/Anderson could be good, and Roode/RVD could be good. It would just be nice if they had a strong story backing them to begin with. The only match that has any kind of intrigue at all is Aries Vs. Bully and that is based solely on great character interactions over the course of a month.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Card looks pretty good for a filler,Theres 2 matches that stand out for me thoses being Aries/Bully Ray and Styles/Angle...Theses two match will be both Awesome with Aries v Bully Ray both doing there usual awesomeness and Aj v Angle being a spotfest like no other...As for the rest of the Card its just all filler so anyway heres my
The last spotfest I saw in TNA was AA vs low ki vs zema ion vs jack evans.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Card looks pretty decent

Roode will go over RVD, it's a filler feud for him although I expect a screwy finish given RVD doesn't lose clean often and they haven't given Roode any clean title defenses.

I think Anderson goes heel against Hardy, now that Angle is playing the tweener/maybe even face there isn't another main event heel besides Bully Ray, it suits Anderson better and will give this feud a reason to go on

Aries goes over Ray with a quick roll up or something, should be a great match

Angle goes over AJ possibly with outside interference (won't give a name as it would be a spoiler for this week's show). It makes sense for Angle to win and get the next shot and Roode while AJ can go and hopefully finally finish the Kaz/Daniels feud.

Think Joe/Magnus retain as I think they are saving the title switch for MCMG in a few months, hoping for a best of 5 or 7 series between the two teams. This should be a great title match though

No way Gail doesn't retain the title, I really don't know who they want taking the belt off her as she seems to have beaten everyone

Should be a really solid show and it does have a surprisingly good card considering it's the filler between Lockdown and Slammy

1 - 20 of 557 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.