Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to say that i am loving the more adult vibe of the TNA product.

Cant watch the E as it is now insultingly bad.

my worries though is that the kids by all the mercandise, hence WWE's great turnover, to be honest i have 2 boys (6 & 8) and i would let them watch the E but not TNA.

Do adults spend enough on TNA products to help it survive?? as god only knows how much Hulk, Eric & the rest of them are on??

Really want TNA to build on this & become stronger, but with more and more stars joining, can they afford to operate at a profit??

kids = cash

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I stopped reading at "TNA Rules!!!"

And NEVER, EVER compare TNA to the Attitude Era. fpalm

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even though its the same vibe as Attitude era?? they have obviously been told to up the ante, just like Shawn Micheals back in the day, how can you say not compare it?? its the nearest thing we have had since that era, i am not saying its the same standard, but defo the same vibe

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
No, it's not. It's not even close. TNA is the new WCW. WCW was terrible compared to the Attitude Era of the WWF. Therefore, TNA is nowhere near anything like the Attitude Era. Simple math, really.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but it does have an adult vibe, last found in wrestling during the Attitude Era, & yes that includes WCW who also upped there product to an adult vibe to complete with WWF at the time, either way i love this stuff!!! however would be nice to see a bit more wrestling on the next impact

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
actually it is a bit similar imo as well to the attitude era. the thing that made the attitude era special was the non pg rating and the fact you never knew wtf you were going to see from night to night. whether it was something with jericho, stone cold, rock, trips, etc... you just never knew wtf was gonna happen so you wanted to watch. one night you'd see edge and christian rocking out on a kazoo and the next night you got angle spraying down stone cold in a milk truck etc. tna does get a little bit of that vibe although i wouldnt say on that level. then again tna doesnt have the budget to bring in monster trucks for their guys to smash random cars and stuff like they could do for stone cold.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
excatly!! look at what happen to Kurt, then Tazz coming over dropping the f bomb, totally reminded me of the better wrestling days of old.

It looked real convincing when Kurt's head was driven into the barrier

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
just keep checking it out if you are new to watching impact. i've pretty much been only watching tna for a while now, i do still try to watch the E at times but i actually prefer the tna roster over the wwe roster anymore. like one good match the E had recently was the us title match from hell in a cell. the E does still have some good matches but to me it's a much more bland product than the days old.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
1998. White trash in NWO shirts= White trash in DX shirts. Simple math, really.
White trash = White Trash. DX > nWo. Therefore, White trash in nWo shirts does NOT = white trash in DX shirts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah the E can still put on a good match, but you are right, the TNA roster is way more appealing,

all we need is Jericho, then i would have no need to ever watch the E again

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thank god, I am not the only one that enjoy TNA. I just cannot get into WWE nowaday. I was huge fan of the attitude era so I missed all the cool stuffs that happened in WCW at the time. TNA reminds me of the old WWF. I lovin it.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Thank god, I am not the only one that enjoy TNA. I just cannot get into WWE nowaday. I was huge fan of the attitude era so I missed all the cool stuffs that happened in WCW at the time. TNA reminds me of the old WWF. I lovin it.
fpalm

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
if edge, christian, morrison, jericho all moved to tna there would really be no reason to watch the E anymore. oh maybe also include miz cause he's awesome oh and punk is a solid heal too. those guys are the only thing holding the E afloat.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
You forgot about Danielson.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thought I would attempt to post a reply to your actual question OP.

It's a difficult one and it's a good point that you raise about kids buying the merchandise. I think early teens would also buy merchandise, certainly I know I got a Rock top when I was about 13.

I've heard a lot of stuff about TNA being in financial difficulty, but I've also heard the same thing for a long time now, at least since I start watching a couple years back.

Truth is, no one can know for certain. Only those involved in the company. All reports I've heard from people inside the company say things are fine (people will argue that they would say that) but the reports I've heard saying that they are in financial trouble are from people outside the company who would have no idea. They could make an educated guess at best.

All I know for certain is that TNA has is still going and has the backing of the Carter family, and no one (absolutely no one) except daddy Carter knows how much money he's willing to pump into daughter Carters company.

Also just for the record, I totally get your comparison to The Attitude Era. Not saying TNA is the new Attitude Era, but I get it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ya i do like danielson too. dude has character he could definitely be huge if they push him right. nice to see a technical wrestler who has some good mic skills.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
ya i do like danielson too. dude has character he could definitely be huge if they push him right. nice to see a technical wrestler who has some good mic skills.
Agreed. WWE hasn't had that for a while.

However, to counter what you said, if the MCMG, Beer Money, Wolfe, Williams, Styles, Dinero, and Lethal moved to WWE, there would be no reason to watch TNA. Everyone else is either washed up or terrible.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thought I would attempt to post a reply to your actual question OP.

It's a difficult one and it's a good point that you raise about kids buying the merchandise. I think early teens would also buy merchandise, certainly I know I got a Rock top when I was about 13.

I've heard a lot of stuff about TNA being in financial difficulty, but I've also heard the same thing for a long time now, at least since I start watching a couple years back.

Truth is, no one can know for certain. Only those involved in the company. All reports I've heard from people inside the company say things are fine (people will argue that they would say that) but the reports I've heard saying that they are in financial trouble are from people outside the company who would have no idea. They could make an educated guess at best.

All I know for certain is that TNA has is still going and has the backing of the Carter family, and no one (absolutely no one) except daddy Carter knows how much money he's willing to pump into daughter Carters company.

Also just for the record, I totally get your comparison to The Attitude Era. Not saying TNA is the new Attitude Era, but I get it.
Excatly, thats what i am saying!!! not saying its the same as WWF but defo in the same ball park.

As for the kids, they buy a truck load of products, show them off in schools, then other kids buy it, younger kids see & get into it & thus the cycle continues.

Great to hear so many people like myself who have always been curious about TNA to watch it soometimes are now tuning in fully, cant wait for the next Impact!! also though that bound for glory was a great PPV, so good solid fights

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.