Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last time before the Fairgrounds gets torn down, TNA are returning to their old home of the TNA Asylum for a live event which will also be taped.

The card for tonight, courtesy of PWInsider:
- World Champion Jeff Hardy will defend the title.
- AJ Styles vs. Raven in an "Asylum Flashback Match" as the two had a feud over the NWA World Title back in the weekly PPV days.
- World Tag Team Champions The Motor City Machineguns vs. Beer Money vs. Ink, Inc.
- D'Angelo Dinero vs. Abyss.
- Jeff Jarrett vs. Samoa Joe.
- Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne vs. Velvet Sky.
- Mr. Anderson will appear.
According to Facebook, TNA will be taping this show and putting it up on the website. Perhaps they might do the full show and slap it on a DVD.
TNA will be filming our big one-night return to the Asylum at the Fairgrounds in Nashville on Friday, with footage airing on TNAwrestling.com next week. It's going to be a special return to TNA's original home!
Finally, it appears that the show has done very well in terms of tickets as only limited numbers remain. Then again, they may have cut down the actual seating area to accommodate the backstage area. PPVs originally had a capacity of 1,400 in attendance, but the crowd usually varied from time to time.

Nashville Fans: Limited tickets are still available starting at 2pm at the Nashville Fairgrounds box office for tonight's TNA return to the Asylum!
Hopefully this show does well. We all know that TNA usually does bad in terms of attendance but good in show quality. It's a real shame that they haven't done anything at the Asylum until today, they should have looked at doing a PPV some time. To be honest, I think TNA really should've stayed here until the end, since it could have been Nashville's answer to the ECW Arena. Having watched the old weekly PPVs, I prefer the Asylum to the Impact Zone.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHOTO: TNA returned to a wild and packed Asylum in Nashville, TN on Friday night! Check back to TNAwrestling.com early next week for footage!

Wow, that does look packed. Goodbye, Asylum! You will be missed.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
And why In the hell did they move from the Asylum, TNA should've done like Ted did with WCW(having Nitro in the Georgia dome and Orlando FL for few years, then start traveling to other places)

Storm was right, someone should buy Dixie a Wrestling for Dummies book.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Dixie was an idiot. She could have kept all the shows there until a point where they could move out and go on the road or move to a better location than Universal Studios. I still think that they should have had a monthly PPV there, even Slammiversary 2010 could have been at the Asylum.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
And why In the hell did they move from the Asylum, TNA should've done like Ted did with WCW(having Nitro in the Georgia dome and Orlando FL for few years, then start traveling to other places)

Storm was right, someone should buy Dixie a Wrestling for Dummies book.
this.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
If they're gonna go throughn the trouble to film the show, why not just tape some impacts there. The place is PACKED, plus those guys would come back to a PAYING show for impact. These are the people who helped put TNA on, so they should definitely be the crowd for TV, at least every now and again

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they're gonna go throughn the trouble to film the show, why not just tape some impacts there. The place is PACKED, plus those guys would come back to a PAYING show for impact. These are the people who helped put TNA on, so they should definitely be the crowd for TV, at least every now and again
The reason why they came back is because the fairgrounds gets demolished soon. However, they should have been there for Impact shows and PPVs.

Also, found this on Jeff Jarrett's Twitter, before the show. Looks like they put the entrance area in a different place to get a lot more seats in:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The reason why they came back is because the fairgrounds gets demolished soon. However, they should have been there for Impact shows and PPVs.

Also, found this on Jeff Jarrett's Twitter, before the show. Looks like they put the entrance area in a different place to get a lot more seats in:
Well damn, that sucks, when I first started watching TNA, they were in the Asylum, and I really enjoyed the crowd there. When they came to the IZ, I still enjoyed the crowd, infact the crowd from 2004-2007 were insane and very lively. But The last 2 years have made me wish they'd go back to the Asylum, or at least start doing shows in either Hammerstein, or in the Grand Ballroom to guarantee a full house

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it is said that after Hard Justice 2007, a lot of the Impact Zone regulars stopped attending, which is why the current crowds tend to be shit. The fact that they're still doing shows in a soundstage for tourists is just bad for business.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Well, it is said that after Hard Justice 2007, a lot of the Impact Zone regulars stopped attending, which is why the current crowds tend to be shit. The fact that they're still doing shows in a soundstage for tourists is just bad for business.

Notice the people turning their back in the front row

·
Registered
980 Posts

Notice the people turning their back in the front row
That poor guy with the white hat dropping his head as Angle gets the 3 count. Yeah, Angle winning all the belts was pretty stupid and it just made it all worse when they had Karen come out for a stupid swerve during a Joe-Angle match.

It's sad to hear that the Asylum is getting torn down. Atleast that live event was packed though. They should have done at least one last Impact show in the Asylum because I bet it would beat the tourists that take up free seats in the IZ.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From PWInsider:
Before the show, Mr. Anderson is signing autographs at the TNA merchandise table.
Also before the show and during intermission, Don West is out, throwing out various TNA merchandise as he advertises the materials available.

Jeremy Borash is the Master of Ceremonies for this evening.

*Raven defeated TNA World television champion A.J. Styles to be able to give backstage passes to the fans.

*TNA Knockouts champion Madison Rayne successfully defended her title against Velvet Sky.

*Abyss defeated Eric Young

"The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart makes an appearance in the ring, reflecting on his memories of the Fairgrounds, and putting over the talent in TNA.

*The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Beer Money, Inc. and Ink, Inc., to retain the TNA World tag team championship. After the match, James Storm (Beer Money) thanks the fans for their continued support throughout his career and puts over both Ink Inc and the Guns, saying TNA has the best tag team division.

*intermission*

Madison Rayne signs autographs at the merch table.

*Jeff Jarrett defeats Samoa Joe.

TNA President Dixie Carter enters the ring and thanks the longtime fans for their support in TNA's lean years. A "thank you Dixie" chant breaks out, which visibly moves Carter.

Mr. Anderson comes out and says he hasn't been cleared to wrestle yet because of his concussion. He puts over TNA for looking out for their talent's health. He says he's found a substitute in the main event, The Pope D'Angelo Dinero.

*Jeff Hardy successfully defends the TNA World title by pinning The Pope. Hardy poses for pictures in the ring while other talent sign autographs at ringside. Jeff Jarrett (with his family alongside in the bleachers) and Velvet Sky sign autographs at the merch table at the end of the show. Other talent sign autographs at ringside, including Jesse Neal, Beer Money, Abyss, and Motor City Machine Guns.
TNA obviously shouldn't have moved to Florida, they could have had more shows in here, since leaving it to the last minute is just disappointing, it's like TNA didn't really care about the place as they were happy in a soundstage full of tourists.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah, Dixie was an idiot. She could have kept all the shows there until a point where they could move out and go on the road or move to a better location than Universal Studios. I still think that they should have had a monthly PPV there, even Slammiversary 2010 could have been at the Asylum.
I agree, to stay in the Impact Zone for than 5 years was a crap move by TNA, but they probably had there reasons for it.

The big problem with TNA is that they did not decide to tour around the south since their inception, WCW and the Attitude ERA was still fresh in peoples minds BY 2002, and had TNA toured then they would have beem much more popular now IMO

Also, didn't the first TNA show in Huntsville, Al draw around 6,000 people? I always wondered if ECW could tour around the northern states in the early 90s, how comes TNA did not ever bother to tour the southern states? I never understood that, as back in 2002 there were still alot of WCW fans around that TNA could of simply tapped into.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I agree, to stay in the Impact Zone for than 5 years was a crap move by TNA, but they probably had there reasons for it.

The big problem with TNA is that they did not decide to tour around the south since their inception, WCW and the Attitude ERA was still fresh in peoples minds BY 2002, and had TNA toured then they would have beem much more popular now IMO

Also, didn't the first TNA show in Huntsville, Al draw around 6,000 people? I always wondered if ECW could tour around the northern states in the early 90s, how comes TNA did not ever bother to tour the southern states? I never understood that, as back in 2002 there were still alot of WCW fans around that TNA could of simply tapped into.
Because that would have been the smart thing to do but as you know, Dixie and company aren't known for being too terribly smart.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Heck, even Chris Rock was in TNA during 2002. Da fuck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YosNslkwXGQ

bloody nora, It actually looks like TNA was Better in 2002-2003 then what we see today. It's a shame they did not bother to tour then, because they would of been simply been looked upon as WCW's successor by the WCW fans who were pissed off that Nitro wasn't on TV anymore, and thus TNA would of had a more popular company today.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are there any videos of the event ?

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
TNA should do an impact in the Asylum.
TNA should do at least one Impact a month somewhere other than the Impact Zone

1 - 20 of 36 Posts