Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Vince Russo was a water boy for a wrestling company, could that not drop the ratings by 5.0. Russo ruined WCW, made the most sacred world title into a joke, took the greatest wrestler, if not man that ever lived and buried him in the fucking desert. Put his ugly monkey mug on TV and made a actor, into the NWA/WCW champion. He is a disgrace to man kind, how could anyone work for TNA and not demand he is fired? I try to be the nice guy, but that is the bottom line. He can not remain in wrestling at all.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
If Vince Russo was a water boy for a wrestling company, could that not drop the ratings by 5.0. Russo ruined WCW, made the most sacred world title into a joke, took the greatest wrestler, if not man that ever lived and buried him in the fucking desert. Put his ugly monkey mug on TV and made a actor, into the NWA/WCW champion. He is a disgrace to man kind, how could anyone work for TNA and not demand he is fired? I try to be the nice guy, but that is the bottom line. He can not remain in wrestling at all.
In fairness WCW was already ruined before Russo got there, it's why Bischoff was sent home, Bill Busch was put in charge and Russo was brought in.

The World title was already diminshed with the Fingerpoke of doom but I see your point all the title switches and Arquette and Russo title reigns didn't exactly help.

The Ric Flair being buried in the desert thing didn't really bother me as if you watch it they didn't actually bury him with shovels. They threw Ric in a hole and kicked dirt on him but it's not like he would have to be The Undertaker after a losing effort in a buried alive match to rise up.

Once again the bottom line is Russo has good ideas he just needs someone to filter out his crappier stuff and reign him in. The Attitude Era is a great example of Russo going threw a filter.

Russo can still benefit TNA they just need someone to guide him, I said this in a previous post I think Raven would be great in that type of role.

Plus I find it funny, you'd want Kevin Sullivan booking TNA, nothing against Kevin, I actually like some of his booking but just like Russo he has the taint of a failing WCW on his resume too. After Russo's first three months he was relaced by Sullivan and after three months Sullivan was replaced by Russo but in Kevin's defense he didn't have much to work with as Nash was hurt, Goldberg was hurt, and Benoit, Malenko, Saturn, and Guerrero walked out and refused to work for him. Plus Shane Douglas, Konnan, and Mysterio had been sent home.

EDIT: White Castle of Fear was a mini movie WCW made to hype up a strap match between Vader and Sting at Super Brawl 3. The strap match was probably one of the best but the mini movie as most WCW mini hype movies sucked but still it wasn't worse than the one with Vader, Sid, Sting, and Davey Boy Smith to hype up Beach Blast 93. That was just horrible, god bless Dusty Rhodes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To much to quote, TNA is going pretty good right now. I just can't ever forgive Russo for what he did to WCW. I would say that the wrestlers did not wrestle under Sullivan, and he is a in ring wrestling guy. If they knew they were going to be bought out by WWE, I don't know. But he never had a chance in hell, with the performance they put on in the ring, if one WCW fan from the start was watching me, they should be ashamed.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Don't know that one, your to hardcore for me. But Vader is in it? Punching people and you can hear every punch? Vader's in it? Then you can, so hell yeah,Vader punching people, damn good story!

Watch if you dare-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRsgDudT7D4

Kevin Sullivan had a lot of good ideas, but he was involved in a lot of this kind of goofy shit too. I think this one has stood the test of time well.

·
Banned
28 Posts
I highly doubt the millions of people who dont watch TNA know who Vince Russo is.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
TNA doesn't need a "big name writer" they need a booker that has COMPLETE control over the creative direction of the product and the talent.

Instead you have political warfare from a bunch of tards.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Russo writing the show isn't the reason for the ratings being where they are, but Russo writing of the show is part of the reason for the ratings being where they are.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I like how people try to revise history and pretend Sullivan wasn't shitty.

Gabe and Quack would be the best choice. Gabe would do it, but I am not sure Quack would be able to pull double duty for both CHIKARA and TNA and on the flip side I don't think is willing to do it even if offered, but those two would make an awesome team.

·
Registered
701 Posts
what other big name writers would you want in TNA that would actually join?
It doesn't have to be a big name writer or even an old vet and THAT is one of TNA's problems. Why not cultivate a booking team. When the team was Scott D'Amore, Mike Tenay, and Terry Taylor a few years back, TNA was at its best. The KO division was slowly catching on, the X division was healthy, and the main events weren't booked full of DQs, Dusty finishes, and non-finishes out of fear of someone losing.

I'm not saying that TNA should return to that team but why not put Dreamer, Angle, and Tenay together (with a few helping hands) and see what they can do. Whether Heyman comes in or not, he alone can't turn around the on-air product. It takes a team that has ideas and the ability to compromise and filter and build upon those initial ideas.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
what other big name writers would you want in TNA that would actually join?
Who cares about the name?

If TNA gave Quack full control over the X-Division, everyone's mind would be blown.

Although tbh I'd actually bring-in Scott D'Amore.

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
Russo is a good guy hes just a horrible writer he needs to stay fired from TNA and same goes for Hogan Bischoff and Jarrett they all need to be fired and TNA will be great again when they hire Heyman.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Why do tna have to employ someone who killed wcw, and think he will make tna succeed, and why does it have to be an old writer, why cant we have a young, innovative writer who knows what the fans want, shake things up a bit

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
It doesn't have to be a big name writer or even an old vet and THAT is one of TNA's problems. Why not cultivate a booking team. When the team was Scott D'Amore, Mike Tenay, and Terry Taylor a few years back, TNA was at its best. The KO division was slowly catching on, the X division was healthy, and the main events weren't booked full of DQs, Dusty finishes, and non-finishes out of fear of someone losing.

I'm not saying that TNA should return to that team but why not put Dreamer, Angle, and Tenay together (with a few helping hands) and see what they can do. Whether Heyman comes in or not, he alone can't turn around the on-air product. It takes a team that has ideas and the ability to compromise and filter and build upon those initial ideas.
The Knockouts division didn't start until a year after the D'amore team had been booted. The Knockouts division started under Jarrett, Russo, and Mantell.

I liked the D'amore era but there were plenty of bullshit finishes. Remember Raven losing the NWA title on a fucking Border City Wrestling (D'amore's company) show to Jarrett, and also Earl Hebner helping Jarrett win the title at Slammiversary 2006 and then Cornette grabbing the belt. Plenty of bullshit finishes, people just have a bias against Russo and like to associate anything negative with him, and anything positive with others. I mean people have given credit for any storyline they like recently to Tommy Dreamer when the fact is he is not even a member of the creative team. He has Dixie's ear and gives suggestions but he is not on creative. Russo come come up good stuff, and he's come up with bad stuff, like most writers. It's just hip to hate Russo for some weird reason. I'd say the last few months have been his worst period creatively but part of the blame also has to go to Bischoff, Dixie, and whoever the fuck else is on creative. Russo at this point has been on creative in some capacity for 4 years now in TNA and he seems to be out of ideas, 4 years in creative is a long time in wrestling.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Why do tna have to employ someone who killed wcw, and think he will make tna succeed, and why does it have to be an old writer, why cant we have a young, innovative writer who knows what the fans want, shake things up a bit
It won't happen because everyone in the business is an idiot and stuck in the bubble. To them all of the fans are marks and any outsider who comes in doesn't deserve it because they haven't "paid their dues." This mentality leads to older people booking wrestling all the time. The truth is many fans and aspiring writers have far more new ideas and are far more in touch with pop culture than most of these old farts. The 90's were great because Russo, Heyman, and Bischoff were all relatively young guys at the time and were in touch with pop culture, they were also relatively new to the business so they had fresh ideas. Now years have passed and Russo and Bischoff have nothing left. I don't know about Heyman, I'd rather see him than the shitty options like Kevin Sullivan though. It would be nice to see another Vince Russo come along with some new ideas. Also this myth about Russo and creative filters is bullshit. The truth is he has been writing wrestling shows off and on for 13-14 years, and you tend to run out of ideas after 13 years of writing wrestling shows. Also Vince McMahon is a shitty filter because his product sucks right now.

Anyways wrestling definitely needs some young blood creatively. I'd love to be part of a creative team in TNA, or for some other people my age to be on creative. This self-righteous "All of these fans are idiots and couldn't really book the shows." I'm pretty sure there are plenty of fans who could write more intriguing wrestling shows than WWE and TNA right now.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts